IGNORED

Real life cat-copter (and another one too)

Qun Mang

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

From 2012, but news to me... (image and video at link).  He also made an OstrichCopter a year later.

Bart Jansen, a Dutch artist, turned his dead cat Orville, named after Orville Wright, into a remote-controlled helicopter. The Orvillecopter, which Jansen built with Arjen Beltman, is now on display at the Kunstrai art festival in Amsterdam. Orville’s owner says he loved birds and he can now fly with them, but Patrick Jones just finds it weird.

Alice Truong 07.31.13 1:23 PM

Remember the man who made a quadcopter out of his dead cat? He managed to get a hold of a dead ostrich to construct the OstrichCopter.

By their sheer size, ostriches can't take flight, but the taxidermy-drone hybrid was able to propel the winged creature into the air. Bart Jansen acquired the carcass, which measured about three meters long and weighed 21 kilograms (46 pounds), from an ostrich farm where it died of disease.

The idea for OstrichCopter was inspired by an invitation to show OrvilleCopter, named after his cat Orville, at the Zwarte Cross Festival in Netherlands. "I thought it was really funny to make fly a bird that can't [fly]," Jansen told Wired UK.

Jansen's strange obsession with dead animals extends beyond drones. He also has an interest in fashion and is currently acquiring more roadkill hedgehogs (in addition to the 19 he already has) for a jacket.

<<<Removed Video Link>>> Please post videos in the appropriate Video Forum for approval.

God bless,

Steve

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe my profile photo was too intimidating?  Well, I exchanged it for another one I found on the internet.