Pregnant with 5th child at 41 - husband wants to abort

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I’m writing to you with a very heavy heart and tears flowing as I ask for your urgent prayer for my family.  
At the age of 41, after spending 6 years being told we could not have children, then through IVF having 4 who are now 5 years, 3 year old twins and one year old,   I have found that I have fallen pregnant, naturally, with our fifth child.  It was confirmed today.  Very early days, I am four weeks pregnant.  
It came as such a shock, both of us believing it was impossible.  And it is not an easy thing to contemplate, a fifth child when life is already so busy and tiring.  However I trust God and His provision for us if this pregnancy continues and we have another baby.
Unfortunately, devastatingly, my husband is not a Christian does not feel the same.  He wants me to have an abortion immediately.  He is very angry at the suggestions that he should have to have another child because of my beliefs.  His words were ‘this will destroy our family, I am not going to have another child.’
My heart is breaking.  He won’t speak to me and is just angry.  All I can do is pray, read my Bible and trust God.  There are few I can disclose this news to.
My husband has retreated to a very dark place and has chosen to become very cold and indifferent and I am hurting and alone. Please pray for us.  We need prayer and we need God’s mighty hand to work in our family and protect our children.
Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I am afraid my prayers will have to be for your husband to come to his senses....  it sounds like he may not be a believer so I will pray for that also.

Just an edit to express a late thought.....     if this was supposed to be not possible, it may well be that God wants this child born.   That won't matter to your husband if he's not a believer, but hopefully it will involve the Lord directly in his accepting....    We can just all pray and see what the Lord does.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Days Won:  2

I send my prayers, also, for you and your family, that your husband will accept this beautiful baby as the true miracle that he/she is...given to you from the good Lord above as a blessing to you both. :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes, thank you, adoption (although still unthinkable to me) would be far better than abortion.  My husband is refusing to talk at the moment, so I've left him and just praying the Lord is working in his heart.  If he still insists on this then I will broach the adoption question.  There is simply no way I will have an abortion - God is my authority on this and I will stand on His Word.  Thank you for your prayers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praise God for your strong commitment to not sinning by aborting your child!

I pray that God will move strongly in your husband's heart and will convict him of his sin and his need for repentance. I pray that God will soften his heart and help him to see your child for the gift they will be.

If you're not attending church now, I would find a strong, church family near you and seek their help, advise and comfort. God does not want you to be alone in life, especially not in dark times like these.

God bless!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

you might calmly and without sarcasm or judgment ask him if he would be willing to give up one of your existing 4 children to adoption in order to have this miracle child that came naturally; if he's says no, ask him how he could choose to give up his 5th child instead - but ask calmly and without sarcasm or judgment

this hasn't caught God by surprise; and to be frank, it shouldn't catch you by surprise either - you've no doubt prayed many times to have a child naturally, and you know how children come and have obviously taken the required step (even if you weren't in faith that it would be fruitful when you took that step); and now that your prayers have been answered, your tears are not of joy, but of sadness - change your focus to God's faithfulness in answering your prayers; trust Him to know exactly what needs to be done for your husband to embrace this blessing and receive spiritual rebirth; don't be moved by your feelings of fear - if God can strengthen you and your husband and provide for the two of you and 4 children, would a 5th child tax His ability to provide for you and strengthen you?  turn your tears of sadness at what things look like at this moment to tears of joy of what this 5th child will be like years from now when the question of how you'll 'make it through' this blessing has been revealed.  your fears infect your husband because of the spiritual authority you have as a reborn believer (authority that he does not have as a currently-lost man); your faith can have the opposite effect, and your joy can infect him as well - but you have to 'put on' joy sometimes like you would put on a winter coat; when you first put on a winter coat, it takes a while for your body's heat to warm the coat (you even feel more cold when you first put it on than you did before you made the decision to put it on), and then you become warm - put on joy; when you first put on joy, it takes a while for your reborn spirit to warm your emotions (you even feel more sadness when you first put on joy by faith than you did before you made the decision to 'put on joy'), and then you become 'full of joy unspeakable'; and the joy of the Lord IS your strength

Neh 8:8-10 KJV
(8)  So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
(9)  And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.
(10)  Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

:)