• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, BlueMinou said:

One can still become an apostate and choose to rebel against Jesus as their Lord and walk away from the faith. They could fall into temptation and decide they'd rather party and fornicate rather than live a life of celebacy before marriage, get killed, then they'd die in a state of sin---or even fall prey to evolutionary beliefs when attending University and decide the christian way is a falsehood to them and therefore not true, because they can't reconcile the theory of evolution with the story of Adam and Eve, and so decide to become an athiest; But according to OSAS, such a person would be eternally secure regardless.

But we do not believe such people will go unpunished or that they may suffer loss...even they may die...but they cannot be unborn again

6 hours ago, Behold said:

13 hours ago, BlueMinou said:

One can still become an apostate and choose to rebel against Jesus as their Lord and walk away from the faith. They could fall into temptation and decide they'd rather party and fornicate rather than live a life of celebacy before marriage, get killed, then they'd die in a state of sin---or even fall prey to evolutionary beliefs when attending University and decide the christian way is a falsehood to them and therefore not true, because they can't reconcile the theory of evolution with the story of Adam and Eve, and so decide to become an athiest; But according to OSAS, such a person would be eternally secure regardless.

But we do not believe such people will go unpunished or that they may suffer loss...even they may die...but they cannot be unborn again

Edited by TehMill
got mixed up in posts

You are just as saved, as you are "Born again".

And if you can become "unborn again", ......

= Not going to happen.

Salvation is not a part time situation, and it does not depend on you to keep it., as it was not you that created you to be saved.

Totally

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

45 minutes ago, TehMill said:

Our New Testament teaches us that "Jesus is the author and finisher of our FAITH"... and that "God who began a good work (Salvation) in us will be FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT".

So, once a believer is born again, then our redemption is completed........this is why we are Save(D)........=  salvation is NOT temporary, as the Blood of Jesus is not a "temporary fix" of our sins.

A lot of believers have this idea that their faith SAVES them, but actually GOD SAVED THEM, when they had a "decision moment" of Trust in Jesus.

We dont  keep ourselves saved by confessing sins and worrying about "do i still believe it", but rather God holds unto us......and this is called REDEMPTION <><> THE ATONEMENT.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Psalm 103:3 which was written before the New Covenant says "He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases." This does not say all future sins are forgiven. 

Colossians 2:13 says "He forgave us all our sins". This does not say all future sins are forgiven. Even after Jesus rose from the dead, he granted apostles the authority in John 20:23 to retain people's sin.

I believe you are sadly mistaken to believe that a christian who is born again(baptismal regeneration) does not have he free will to rebel against God. What is your authority to interpret the scripture? We are both using the same bible when personally interpretting it. 

Paul himself says "I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it." He continues on to say that "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" as if he hadn't received it yet. Paul says in another of his latters "But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."

It is a biblical fact that Paul believed it was possible for him to be disqualified and that he didn't consider himself having obtained anything just yet. Once saved does not mean eternally saved. Paul makes it clear believed it was possible to be disqualified and made sure to be diligent in how he conducted himself and was obedient to Jesus. 

I'm going to conclude my post with a remark from James:

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?"

Edited by BlueMinou
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

you can deny Christ, as someone that has been saved, but you'll be reminded every minute of it. once you know Christ, even if you leave the faith for whatever reasons, you will never forget. i forget the verse of the Bible, but there's one that pretty much says that.

Edited by forGod1

Guest shiloh357
On 8/2/2016 at 3:01 AM, BlueMinou said:

Rom 6:23 is eternal life in Jesus Christ. I agree. But where in the verse does it say you are guaranteed eternal life? It doesn't. I have a response for you though: Where in the New Testament does it say all your future sins are forgiven before you even commit them? 

Eph. 1:14-15 tells us that the Holy Spirit within us is the Guarantee of our inheritance.  He has sealed us until final day when we will realize the fullness of our salvation.

Guest shiloh357
On 8/2/2016 at 9:38 PM, BlueMinou said:

Psalm 103:3 which was written before the New Covenant says "He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases." This does not say all future sins are forgiven. 

The beautiful thing is that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross.  God doesn't look at our sins in terms of past, present or future, because God is not governed by the restrictions of linear time.   God doesn't look at anything in terms of past, present, future.   God looks at everything in terms of the present.    Jesus paid for our sin, period.   Jesus' death on the cross was an eternal act.  Sin was paid for eternally, not just until we commit the next sin. 

I believe you are sadly mistaken to believe that a christian who is born again(baptismal regeneration) does not have he free will to rebel against God. What is your authority to interpret the scripture? We are both using the same bible when personally interpretting it. 

A Christian is a person who has a transformed heart.   They have the power to forsake God, but not the will to do it.   Salvation is not merely the case where one is moved from one side of the ledger to the other.  Salvation is a complete and total transformation of the heart.  We are a new creation.  To often people ignore the transformational aspect of Salvation.

Paul himself says "I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it." He continues on to say that "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" as if he hadn't received it yet. Paul says in another of his latters "But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."

It is a biblical fact that Paul believed it was possible for him to be disqualified and that he didn't consider himself having obtained anything just yet. Once saved does not mean eternally saved. Paul makes it clear believed it was possible to be disqualified and made sure to be diligent in how he conducted himself and was obedient to Jesus. 

The problem with how you are handling that text is that Paul is talking about winning a prize.  Salvation is not a prize.  Salvation is the gift of God.   Eph. 2:8-9 says, "For by grace are you saved through faith; and this not of yourselves.  It is the gift of God, not works lest any man should boast."  Romans 6:23 tells us it is a gift.    A gift is not earned, nor is it won.

Paul is talking about rewards, not salvation.

When Paul is talking about being "disqualified,"  he is talking about being disqualified for service.   No one is "qualified" for salvation.   You cannot qualify to be saved.   If you were good enough to be qualified for salvation, then you would not need Jesus.

I'm going to conclude my post with a remark from James:

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?"

Yeah, this goes back to ripping things out of their context and applying to issues they were not meant to address.   James' was making an argument about the necessity of having a profession of faith that is accompanied by corresponding action.   He is asking a rhetorical question.   His point is that if you are speaking one way, if you are professing Christ, but your works say the opposite, then your "faith"  is questionable.   Biblical faith is always affirmed by a lifestyle that agrees with our profession of faith.  If your words and your life don't agree, then it is advisable that you reexamine the authenticity of your profession of faith.

James was NOT making the argument that works are required for salvation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

when one accepts Christ sacrifice as payment for their sins- they are forgiven-- Jesus Died once for sin-- all our sins are forgiven at once-- Jesus forgives the body of our sin-- its not a one sin at a time forgiveness-- the Roman Catholic Doctrine of the Eucharist requires a repeated sacrifice for sin-- if you believe each sin must be individually forgiven you crucify Christ anew for each sin you commit like in the Eucharist. Forgiveness is a one time event-- we must confess each sin to maintain a clear conscience and fellowship- but when we accept Christ all our sins are forgiven at once

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

God said the soul that sins shall die.

The Devil says the soul that sins shall not die. Who do you believe"

Genesis 3:3, But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Genesis 3:4, And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

• Thumbs Up 1