BlueMinou

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus said "If any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book".

Jesus also said "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

And elsewhere, Jesus says, "whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."

Again, Paul says , "we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us."

Osas supporters. Thoughts with regards to this?

Edited by BlueMinou
I wanted to keep my OP statement much shorter

I'm looking forward to all the replied to see what people have to say. 

Edited by BlueMinou
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, BlueMinou said:

Jesus said "If any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book".

Jesus also said "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

And elsewhere, Jesus says, "whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."

Again, Paul says , "we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us."

Osas supporters. Thoughts with regards to this?

A person who is born again is a transformed person.  They have a new heart and a sincere desire to serve the Lord.  A true follower of Jesus has a love for the Bible would not change a word of it.  

A genuine follower of Jesus isn't going to live in sin as murderers fornicators, idolaters, liars, etc.  A true follower of Jesus is someone who will be dedicated to living for Jesus.  They are not looking for a way to sin.

A genuine follower of Jesus will never deny Him. He or she has no desire to deny Him.  There is nothing in their heart that would ever deny Him. 

That's what happens when you are transformed from the inside out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, BlueMinou said:

I'm looking forward to all the replied to see what people have to say. 

The Scriptures you have quoted have no direct bearing on the eternal security of the believer. Since eternal life is God's gift to the sinner who repents and believes, it is eternally secure (Rom 6:23).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

A person who is born again is a transformed person.

Another good point.  The New Birth is irreversible (John 1:12,13).  Just like a baby cannot be unborn, a child of God cannot be unborn, but remains a child of God eternally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rom 6:23 is eternal life in Jesus Christ. I agree. But where in the verse does it say you are guaranteed eternal life? It doesn't. I have a response for you though: Where in the New Testament does it say all your future sins are forgiven before you even commit them? 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

A person who is born again is a transformed person.  They have a new heart and a sincere desire to serve the Lord.  A true follower of Jesus has a love for the Bible would not change a word of it.  

A genuine follower of Jesus isn't going to live in sin as murderers fornicators, idolaters, liars, etc.  A true follower of Jesus is someone who will be dedicated to living for Jesus.  They are not looking for a way to sin.

A genuine follower of Jesus will never deny Him. He or she has no desire to deny Him.  There is nothing in their heart that would ever deny Him. 

That's what happens when you are transformed from the inside out.

One can still become an apostate and choose to rebel against Jesus as their Lord and walk away from the faith. They could fall into temptation and decide they'd rather party and fornicate rather than live a life of celebacy before marriage, get killed, then they'd die in a state of sin---or even fall prey to evolutionary beliefs when attending University and decide the christian way is a falsehood to them and therefore not true, because they can't reconcile the theory of evolution with the story of Adam and Eve, and so decide to become an athiest; But according to OSAS, such a person would be eternally secure regardless. 

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, BlueMinou said:

One can still become an apostate and choose to rebel against Jesus as their Lord and walk away from the faith.

No, they can't.   That's because as  a transformed person, there is nothing in them that would even entertain rebelling and walking away from the faith.  There is nothing  in their heart that would prompt such a decision.

They could fall into temptation and decide they'd rather party and fornicate rather than live a life of celebacy before marriage, get killed, then they'd die in a state of sin---or even fall prey to evolutionary beliefs when attending University and decide the christian way is a falsehood to them and therefore not true, because they can't reconcile the theory of evolution with the story of Adam and Eve, and so decide to become an athiest; But according to OSAS, such a person would be eternally secure regardless. 

It doesn't work that way.   The true follower of Jesus doesn't respond to temptation by deciding to forsake the Lord and live in sin.  The true follower of Jesus is a new creation and he/she has no taste for sin, no desire to live in sin.     They also cannot be deceived or led astray by false teachings like Evolution to the point that they forsake the Lord.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

Once saved always saved is a feel good doctrine that is going to lead a lot of would be saved people to death. You can be with the Father and by your own will depart and die a spiritual death. Read the Prodigal Son in Luke. We are not robots. God has given us the free will to choose right from wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

You are just as saved, as you are "Born again".

And if you can become "unborn again", ......

= Not going to happen.

Salvation is not a part time situation, and it does not depend on you to keep it., as it was not you that created you to be saved.