• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

WISE MEN SEEK MORE WISDOM

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: 1:5

WISDOM COMES FROM GOD

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 2:6

WISE MEN FEAR AND REVERENCE GOD

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction... My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not... Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.1:7, 10;3:9.10

WISDOM INCLUDES TRUSTING GOD

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 3:5,6

WISDOM BRINGS RIGHTEOUSNESS

Then shalt thou understand  righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path. When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:  Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: 2:9-11; 3:3

OBEDIENCE BRINGS BLESSINGS AND WISDOM

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. 3:1,2,4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

14 hours ago, Ezra said:

WISDOM COMES FROM GOD

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 2:6

Agreed.

• But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.  James 1:5

I think God gives us wisdom for the same reason He gives us salvation; i.e. not of works lest any man should boast.  The following is a good yardstick to measure with:

• Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.   James 3:13-17