• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,376
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Is it necessary to be spiritually open and receptive in our daily walk?

Guest Teditis

Is it possible not to be? I mean we are after all spiritual beings and we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us

and keep us "open" to some degree or other... at least I think so.

Edited by Teditis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,376
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

There is a fresh stirring of the Lord's desire for us to become all that He would have us to be (our DESTINY). We are hearing a new message beyond anything that we have heard in the past. Our part is to be spiritually open and receptive.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches... After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in Heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, 'Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.'" Revelation 3:22, 4:1

We become increasingly aware of the "Open Heaven" that has always been available to us, through which the "Son" can shine brightly to release the potential that is buried within us. For this to happen, we must respond with anticipation, expectancy, and patience.

ALBERT FINCH MINISRY

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Yes, we need to be spiritually open.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

just how open is open? and i guess wisdom and discernment to go along with it.  especially these days of the information highway and some religions that are more like cults than having a  biblical rockbed

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Yes, it is necessary. In the Lords Prayer Matthew 6:9-13 "Give us our daily bread". This means that God will sustain us physically. This can also refer to God providing for our less tangible needs. Jesus is the Bread of Life John 6:35. God fulfills our spiritual needs. We are living day by day and step by step. We are exercising simple faith in Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

On 8/4/2016 at 7:10 PM, Albert Finch said:

There is a fresh stirring of the Lord's desire for us to become all that He would have us to be (our DESTINY). We are hearing a new message beyond anything that we have heard in the past. Our part is to be spiritually open and receptive.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches... After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in Heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, 'Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.'" Revelation 3:22, 4:1

We become increasingly aware of the "Open Heaven" that has always been available to us, through which the "Son" can shine brightly to release the potential that is buried within us. For this to happen, we must respond with anticipation, expectancy, and patience.

ALBERT FINCH MINISRY

And of course, quoting two verses in that way is not esiegesis?