learning boy

The Quran and the Bible -- revelations of God - PART 1/2

OldSchool2    4,345
2 hours ago, Fatima said:

Based on your responses here it is clear you know nothing of Islam ... You have a very distorted view of my faith and what I believe. 

If you want to tell me that I don't know the truth about Christianity, that is fine. I am a Muslim and may not understand everything about your faith and how you believe.  That is why I joined this forum, to learn more about Christianity...

Best I can tell from reading threads on this forum, the main differences between Christianity and Islam is that Christians believe God is a combination of Him, the Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام), and the holy spirit. That the holy spirit gives them special powers, and believe that the Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) was killed for their sins. Aside from that we seem to be on the same page for the most part.  

The holy spirit is a gift from God. Your God and My God are the same ...

The holy spirit is equally important to all of those who believe in God; Muslims, Christians, and Jews alike.

All scripture in Islam was written by Prophets who were inspired by God.  In the case of the Qur'an, it was written by the Prophet Muhammad...

Mohammed was illiterate and illiterate prophets can't read or write anything.

The fact that you write "holy spirit" in all lowercase letters and not as a proper noun suggests otherwise.

As I told you before, the God of the Son is not your god of the Moon.

And if we can't agree about God, then we are not on any page, period.

You are not here to learn anything save how to wage cultural jihad on a Christian website. If I did the same as a Christian while living in Saudi Arabia, I would be arrested by the Virtue & Vice Police and sentenced to hundreds of lashes.

Your Islamic faith is a distortion of both the Old and New Testaments, and I know enough about Islam, its false prophet and its uncivilized followers to never become any part of it.

q7GK4ZFk.jpg

Fatima    2
47 minutes ago, other one said:

Well I've read the Koran several times, the last two in chronological order so as to understand what is abrogated.

The doctrine of abrogation is an invented and false doctrine. 

48 minutes ago, other one said:

I've also read the entire "Reliance of the Traveller"

Unless you are a Muslim and have extensively studied Islam for many years, this book will not benefit you in any way what so ever. It would be very confusing otherwise, and it may lead you to make incorrect assumptions about Islam.

54 minutes ago, other one said:

a good part of Bukhari's hadiths and I disagree with what you post here.

As for the hadiths, there are literally tens of thousands. Even if you read all of the hadiths by Bukhari, you would have only scratched the surface. Here is what the Qur'an says.  

God has sent down the best of narrations: a Scripture consistent and paired. The skins of those who reverence their Lord shiver from it, then their skins and their hearts soften up to the remembrance of God. Such is God’s guidance; He guides with it whomever He wills. But whomever God leaves astray, for him there is no guide. (39:23)

There is no substitution for the Qur'an or the holy scriptures that preceded it. The hadiths contain contradictions and information that in many cases goes against the Qur'an and the scriptures.  

Just the same with the book Reliance of the Traveller, unless you are a Muslim and have extensively studied Islam, the hadiths will make little sense to you. There is no substitute to learning about what Islam teaches to actually talking with a Muslim. As Muslim I cannot lie about anything, especially about our religion. To lie would not be pleasing to God. You may disagree with some of what I said here, but it is what Islam teaches, and it's how I and other Muslims believe. 

1 hour ago, other one said:

Had I bought into what is written by Mohammad and his close followers I would have to say that if you really believe what you are saying here you are worse than us infidels.

Why do you call yourself an infidel? 

When push comes to shove they will kill you first then me.

Why would they want to kill us?

If you haven't read the Koran in chronological order i hesitate to tell you to do so for it will radicalized you if you buy into it the way it was meant........  as Mohammad wrote it.

The Qur'an was inspired by God and written by the Prophet Muhammad (عليه السلام) exactly as intended. 

other one    24,677

well I would disagree it was the God of the Christians that inspired it.....   actually Mohammad first thought it was a demon that visited him.....   it was his wife that convinced him it was a good angel.....     I think Mohammad was right the first time..

As far as Reliance of the Traveller, it is certified as being the true book of Sharia law and I don't see how it takes any real long time study to understand it....   other than it's about 1,200 pages and took me a week to read.     

I think you are not being up front here.

if you haven't read and use the Koran in chronological order, and just hunt and pick out what you want from the Koran, I think it is you not me that really doesn't understand your theocracy.

Fatima    2
7 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Mohammed was illiterate and illiterate prophets can't read or write anything.

Exactly. But an illiterate prophet inspired by God could don't you think? It was no mistake when God chose the Muhammad (عليه السلام) to compose the Qur'an. It was meant to be a sign to the world as it was well known at the time that the Prophet Muhammad (عليه السلام) could neither read nor write. It was seen as a miracle. 

11 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

The fact that you write "holy spirit" in all lowercase letters and not as a proper noun suggests otherwise.

That is intentional. 

12 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

As I told you before, the God of the Son is not your god of the Moon.

That is what you believe and I am fine with that :) 

13 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

And if we can't agree about God, then we are not on any page, period.

Is that the attitude the Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) would have? 

19 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

You are not here to learn anything save how to wage cultural jihad on a Christian website.

There you go again telling me what my intentions are. This is not true. Below is the first question I asked in this thread. Which I never got an answer to by the way ;)  I then went on to make some corrections to some others comments and to show my dismay that someone wants me and my family to burn in hell for eternity. I have ad to defend myself and my faith against false allegations ever since. With the exception of a few here that made me feel welcome and made comments without belittling me and my faith,  most have been hostile. 

I have joined several other Christian forums over the years, some of which I am still a member, and this is the first time I have been met with something other than love and kindness. I always felt welcome. Never have I been insulted like I have in this thread. This is the very first thread I participated in on this forum, so based on this, I doubt I will be interacting very much in the future. 

Why are there so many Christians who claim to be prophets today? Many of my Christian friends are often talking about Prophesy on Facebook and sharing things that have been said by Christian preachers that have been revealed to them. Some even have titles like Prophet or Prophetess as titles. 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/199926-the-quran-and-the-bible-revelations-of-god-part-12/?do=findComment&comment=2664834

24 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

If I did the same as a Christian while living in Saudi Arabia, I would be arrested by the Virtue & Vice Police and sentenced to hundreds of lashes.

You seem to not understand the difference between Islam and worldly governments. 

25 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Your Islamic faith is a distortion of both the Old and New Testaments, and I know enough about Islam, its false prophet and its uncivilized followers to never become any part of it.

You have based your opinion on misinformation and false assumptions.