• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

There is evidence of the post-trib view, all the scripture about the second coming is the evidence of the post-trib view. This thread is from Omegaman, so I'll be sitting here waiting on the evidence of the pre-trib view.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I don't know of one single verse that pinpoints a mid - trib, pre - wrath or post - trib position.  If God the Father is the only one who knows when the Son (Bridegroom) is coming to retrieve His Bride;  It is not revealed in Scripture.  All I know that is the John 14 says it all.  I go to prepare a place for you in my Fathers House.  I am going there (My Fathers House) to prepare a place for you (us the Bride), and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back (for the Rapture) and take you to be with me, that you maybe where I am (In My Fathers House).  Yet Post -Trib believes we will be with Christ here on earth, not with Him in Heaven.

I go by, the First 69 Weeks of Daniel were all about Israel, and so will the 70th Week;  All about Israel,  I do not see the Church mentioned anywhere in the 70 Weeks of Daniel.  I only see Israel and Jerusalem.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I don't understand why that would make your claims valid. Daniel is a Jewish book written for Jews so why would the Church be mentioned in it anyway? Name me one other OT book that mentions Christians and what they will be doing in the future?

If the Church was mentioned then Jews would have cottoned on to the fact that there would be other people around the World worshipping their God and not just them.

Maybe then, they would have accepted Christ, not just as somebody who they believed to have changed Jewish law, but somebody who did so to bring his message to other people who were outside that law.

If that were the case, Jesus would not have been betrayed, would not have died on the cross and his sacrificial mission to bring the gift of salvation would have been in vain.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Ezekiel 40 through 47 shows where... the Father's house is going to be after Christ's return. It will be on earth where Jerusalem is today. The Greek word "mansioins" in John 14 means 'abodes'. It's about the abodes of the priests at the Millennial sanctuary of Ezekiel. In other words, they are NOT... in the clouds. Those abodes are shown on the earth where the Millennial sanctuary will be.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Those abodes are being prepared as we speak, according to Jesus' own words, in the New Jerusalem which will come down to Earth.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

There is evidence of the post-trib view, all the scripture about the second coming is the evidence of the post-trib view. This thread is from Omegaman, so I'll be sitting here waiting on the evidence of the pre-trib view.

Enoch

Are you post trib Second Coming  or are you post trib Rapture.  Your quote above is really off the wall.  No substance to it.

Who are the 24 Elders in Rev 4 and who do they represent?  Are these Spirits or are they Flesh.  They have crowns (rewards).  When were these given out?

I will be looking for your response.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know of one single verse that pinpoints a mid - trib, pre - wrath or post - trib position.  If God the Father is the only one who knows when the Son (Bridegroom) is coming to retrieve His Bride;  It is not revealed in Scripture.  All I know that is the John 14 says it all.  I go to prepare a place for you in my Fathers House.  I am going there (My Fathers House) to prepare a place for you (us the Bride), and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back (for the Rapture) and take you to be with me, that you maybe where I am (In My Fathers House).  Yet Post -Trib believes we will be with Christ here on earth, not with Him in Heaven.

I go by, the First 69 Weeks of Daniel were all about Israel, and so will the 70th Week;  All about Israel,  I do not see the Church mentioned anywhere in the 70 Weeks of Daniel.  I only see Israel and Jerusalem.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I don't understand why that would make your claims valid. Daniel is a Jewish book written for Jews so why would the Church be mentioned in it anyway? Name me one other OT book that mentions Christians and what they will be doing in the future?

If the Church was mentioned then Jews would have cottoned on to the fact that there would be other people around the World worshipping their God and not just them.

Maybe then, they would have accepted Christ, not just as somebody who they believed to have changed Jewish law, but somebody who did so to bring his message to other people who were outside that law.

If that were the case, Jesus would not have been betrayed, would not have died on the cross and his sacrificial mission to bring the gift of salvation would have been in vain.

What lies between the end of the 69th Week and the beginning of the 70th Week?

In Christ

Montana Marv

In Christ

Montana Marv

What lies between the end of the 69th Week and the beginning of the 70th Week?

In Christ

Montana Marv

I don't follow you. Isn't the 70th week the Trib? Daniel would never mention the Church. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to criticise your opinion, I'm trying to understand it.

A big problem that I have with accepting the pre-Trib rapture.

Is prophecy not for those living on this Earth? It's not for the angels, nor is it for those in heaven. It was given by God to man for man's benefit.

If you think about it we have access to all the prophecies that the Jews have (because we read the OT). So in theory we should know as much about prophecy as they do.

But we have something that they don't. We have that extra set of clues.

We have the book of Revelation.

If anybody needs the book of Revelation its the Jews, but it was given to us instead.

Why on Earth do we need to know about 666, Mystery Babylon and the mark of the Beast if we're not going to be here?

Another thing:

Now some people claim that the gap in Daniel's 70 weeks symbolises the Church era, so they assume that if weeks 1-69 refer to the Jewish era (before there was a Church) then that must mean that Week 70 must also refer to a Jewish era (without a Church). I can see the logic behind that argument but I read it differently. I see it like this:

The Church is never mentioned in the OT because let's face it, the OT was written for Jews, so it's written for their point of view. Hence the book of Daniel will never mention the Church whether the Church exists or not. Of course, the Church didn't exist before Jesus came, but that's not the point - it wouldn't be mentioned anyway.

Therefore:

Daniel weeks 1-69:   Explained, because it follows a prophetic timeline (Church not mentioned whether it exists or not)

Gap:  Not explained - nothing happens. Jewish prophecy is frozen because of the Church era (Church not mentioned whether it exists or not)

Daniel Week 70: Explained, because Jewish prophecy starts again (Church not mentioned whether it exists or not)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Oakwood,

Brother in the great Commonwealth.

Now you have posed a very interesting question -

`Why on earth do we need to know about 666, Mystery Babylon & the mark of the Beast if we`re not going to be here?`

I have a few comments on this. Firstly the Body of Christ was not known by the prophets of the Old Testament for God didn`t tell them, (obviously). God kept it secret  -

`but we speak God`s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden mystery which God predestined before the ages to our glory; the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;.......`  (1 Cor. 2: 7 & 8) 

So God`s wisdom that through Christ there would be another `called out ` group called the Body of Christ. Now for this Body to come to full maturity in Christ (Eph. 4: 13 & 14) & not `tossed to & fro`....we by God`s Holy Spirit need to come into all the truth (John 16: 13 & 14) of Christ, His character & His purposes for 1. the Body of Christ. 2. Israel & 3. the Nations.

We are to grow up into Him. This involves knowing Him & what He is doing, for it does involve us. To be seated with Christ on His throne, (Rev. 3: 21) displaces where Lucifer & his order of angels ruled. Then we shall be making judgment upon those fallen angels & upon the world`s system. (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3) Thus Daniel was shown this court but not told who they are. (Dan.7: 26) To know the eternal purposes of God for the three groups gives a full understanding of Christ & how He is going to deal with all authority & power.

Lastly, the book of Revelation is about four aspects of our Lord Jesus Christ, revealed to us by His Father. If we did not have the book of Revelation we would not have a full understanding of Christ & His glorious person in the heavenly realms & how He will deal with man`s rebellion. It is the culmination of all truths expressed from Genesis to Revelation, for all scripture is centred on one purpose & that is to reveal Christ to us in all His glory.

(I think you have touched on my favourite subject Oakwood - the Eternal Purposes - hope they encourage & inspire you also.)

I don't know of one single verse that pinpoints a mid - trib, pre - wrath or post - trib position.  If God the Father is the only one who knows when the Son (Bridegroom) is coming to retrieve His Bride;  It is not revealed in Scripture.  

In Christ

Montana Marv

Actually, I think that is a good reply, even if not to the point. It suggests that you do not beleive that the bible indicates, with a single verse, the sequence of those events. So then, you cannot know it is pretrib, not with a single verse at least. Of course, I allowed for a set of verses, that even mentions a pre-trib rapture, or a secret invisible coming etc, and I expect, than none will be forthcoming. However, the fact that the Father only knew (back then 2000 years ago), does not say that no one would ever know, and more to the point, speaks to time, when it will happen, not to sequence, the order that things happen in. Post-tribbers do not claim to know when it will happen, just the order of things that will happen. Now, of course we makes some assumptions also, but when we say, Jesus comes after the tribulation, we can say that with the authority of scripture. I do not know of any verses that say He is returning at some prior time. I think we all know that is an interpretive inference, I am just asking for someone to point out why that inference, is a valid one, from scripture.

Thanks Marv, for participating.