Sign in to follow this  
Guest Omegaman

Pre-tribbers, what do you have

The debate continues, and I suppose it will until/if the church finds itself recognizing that the antichrist/man of sin/beast/son of perdition/abomination that cuases desolation/etc. has been revealed and recognized.

So, here is what I am asking, this is the question that this thread is about:

Where in the bible is it stated, or which combination of verses do you believe imply (evidentially, not wishfully) that there is either:

• a secret coming of Jesus for the church before the great tribulation
  • an invisible coming of Jesus for the church
  • a two part second advent
  • a scriptural distinction of Jesus coming for His church, versus His coming with His church

From my perspective, in case it is not obvious, the only thing invisible about Jesus coming, is that it is that the pre-trib rapture is invisible in the sense that it is no where to be found in scripture.

Some of you disagree, what I am asking then, is for the biblical basis, the scriptural evidence, for one or more of the bulleted points (•) above. Some of you are so sure that Jesus will return before the great tribulation, that certainly you must have biblical evident of the truth or likelyhood, of the pre-trib return of Christ.

To those who want to reply in this thread:

Please stick to the premise of it, scriptural evidence for a coming of Jesus to catch up His church to be with Him prior to the great tribulation.

I know that I am asking a lot of people to stay on topic. I understand that people are passionate about their eschatological beliefs. However, please exercise some self control and not start in with a statement of or defense of your own, other than pre-trib persuasion.

Let's let this thread be limited to actual scriptural evidence of a pre-trib rapture.

Opposing viewpoints are o.k., but limit those to just enough to present an answer to any posts claiming to present scriptural evidence of a pre-trib rapture, without making it about what you believe instead.

To those taking up the challenge presented here, please note that I have gone to great lengths to be specific in limiting the type of posts appropriate to this thread. For example:

• Stating that "the rapture is Jesus coming for His church before the trib" is a definition of your belief, and is not scriptural evidence, such a statement is just an opinion, and is evidence that you believe, not for your belief.
  • Stating things like "the church is not mentioned after verse such and such in Revelation", is also not evidence, it is merely an argument from silence.
  • Stating that "the church is not destined to suffer God's wrath" is also not evidence, unless you can prove that the whole to the great tribulation is in fact the wrath of God, and that if the church is present for that, that she cannot and will not be protected from God's wrath during the great tribulation

Hopefully, examples like those above, will convey the idea of what I am seeking, and that you can understand the nature of evidence as opposed to statements of faith in your doctrine. The idea here, is to present some quality reasons to believe in the pre-trib rapture. So here you have an opportunity. Please, give it a shot if you think that you have scriptural evidence.

Thanks in advance

LOOK

And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Luke 21:20-27

UP~!

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

~

Here we go again! Pretribbers, what do you have?

:thumbsup:

Pre, Mid, Post 

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
Matthew 27:50-53

They All Have The Resurrection

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John 5:22-25

Of The Blessed

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:5-6

And Beloved, I Am Blessed To Know You All

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion:

for there the LORD commanded the blessing,

even life for evermore. Psalms 133

Amen~!

Here we go again! Pretribbers, what do you have?

hope?

:soapbox::swordfightsmiles:

I do enjoy these pre-trib vs. post-trib duels.

Omegaman knows there is no evidence in the Bible for a pre-trib rapture. All they have is hope.

I don't know of one single verse that pinpoints a mid - trib, pre - wrath or post - trib position.  If God the Father is the only one who knows when the Son (Bridegroom) is coming to retrieve His Bride;  It is not revealed in Scripture.  All I know that is the John 14 says it all.  I go to prepare a place for you in my Fathers House.  I am going there (My Fathers House) to prepare a place for you (us the Bride), and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back (for the Rapture) and take you to be with me, that you maybe where I am (In My Fathers House).  Yet Post -Trib believes we will be with Christ here on earth, not with Him in Heaven.

I go by, the First 69 Weeks of Daniel were all about Israel, and so will the 70th Week;  All about Israel,  I do not see the Church mentioned anywhere in the 70 Weeks of Daniel.  I only see Israel and Jerusalem.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I don't know of one single verse that pinpoints a mid - trib, pre - wrath or post - trib position.  If God the Father is the only one who knows when the Son (Bridegroom) is coming to retrieve His Bride;  It is not revealed in Scripture.  All I know that is the John 14 says it all.  I go to prepare a place for you in my Fathers House.  I am going there (My Fathers House) to prepare a place for you (us the Bride), and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back (for the Rapture) and take you to be with me, that you maybe where I am (In My Fathers House).  Yet Post -Trib believes we will be with Christ here on earth, not with Him in Heaven.

I go by, the First 69 Weeks of Daniel were all about Israel, and so will the 70th Week;  All about Israel,  I do not see the Church mentioned anywhere in the 70 Weeks of Daniel.  I only see Israel and Jerusalem.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Amen, Montana Marv!

Omegaman knows there is no evidence in the Bible for a pre-trib rapture. All they have is hope.

But you do not?

I have more than hope, I have faith the Lord will deliver me into or out of whatever he wishes. I'm not putting my hope in a pre-trib rapture.

I have more than hope, I have faith the Lord will deliver me into or out of whatever he wishes. I'm not putting my hope in a pre-trib rapture.

Ahhh, but we share the SAME hope, but as believers, we differ about nonessentials.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Scott Free
      For the Glory of Jesus Christ the only unique Son of God. My Lord, My Savior, My All.
      "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit." Romans 14:17 
      "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." Colossians 3:12
      "Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!" I Corinthians 13:9
      "And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know." 1 Corinthians 8:2
      "Let no one deceive himself. If any of you thinks he is wise in this age, he should become a fool, so that he may become wise." 1 Corinthians 3:18

Hello, brothers and sisters in Christ. The Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ and the books of Daniel and Revelation are my teachers. I have a doctorate level education. This article is not aimed at the general assembly, it is for those who already have a background knowledge in Biblical prophecy. If you are a new Christian I strongly encourage you to ignore this and focus on the Fruits of the Spirit. An overwhelming amount of information has been summarized here. This is necessary to condense everything into a short essay. The focus of this is to provide new avenues for your study. It would take multiple books to expound upon all the details. I have tested every interpretation for the past 30 years. Putting each of them into the fire. Testing with the continuity of a holistic body of prophetic Biblical knowledge and fitting them into the reference of a comprehensive view of global secular events. Doing this without preconceived bias, along with the humility to change when faced with overwhelming hostile witness. Most interpretations were made back when no one knew of our current circumstances. We were not able to realize everything until after the mid 1980's. This information truly fits what is actually in the world today. It represents a extensive body of knowledge, taking a universal world view and without interference from cultural bias. All the separate events fit together in a holistic fashion with the full support of Biblical prophecy. 
      The focus of these statements are the events surrounding the fall of the Whore of Babylon. The first part is direct comparison to scripture. The last parts are manifestations of the Beast himself and twice removed from the scriptures that inspired their consideration. These statements are only my opinion, are subject to change and presented randomly. 
      The Antichrist is the (Maitreya .org). On web page goto: Literature/ The Plan/ Master Plan for Planet Earth (MAP)
      The Pope fits the position of the False Prophet.
      Lamb (Christian) that speaks like a dragon (Rome)
      N.Y.C. fits the the Great Whore.
      United Nations and a melting pot of all nationalities
      Dependent on maritime world commerce
      Between two rivers
      A great coastal city
      Consumer bases economy
      Media polluting world with lust
      Separate form the Dragon
      Dominates the Dragons system
      Defeats emperor style government
      The Whore is not of the Dragon but a separate city state in a secure geographical location away from the threat of invasion.
      The Great Whore "of" Babylon and Mystery Babylon are distinctly different entities. 
      5 were, 1 is and 1 is yet to come. (Rev 17:10) This scripture is from the point of view of the Whore and is putting her in historical context.
      Daniels prophecies ties into the seven hills of the Whore and the seven headed dragon.
      1)Babylon
      2)Persia
      3)Greece
      4)Rome
      5)Two divisions of Rome - Holy Rome who was defeated by Napoleon and Byzantine who's governing body relocated to Russia in the 1400's. In other words Moscow is now the seat of government in Eastern Rome having absorbed the fleeing Constantinople rulers. Czar literally means Caesar. See "Moscow is the Third Rome".
      6)Iron and clay - this is post WW I and II in Europe and Middle East. The defeat of emperors and the establishment of statehood. The U.S.A. assumes hegemony over Western Rome's historic borders. Thus the Dragons near fatal wound that will not recover until the rise of the Antichrist.
      7)10 member group, with 3 to have undisputed global military dominance. The only group to be in a position for such power is the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (S.C.O.), made in part to counteract N.A.T.O. aggression. This organization represents 50% of the worlds population. Whereas the E.U. represents only about 12%. Germany, France and the U.K.'s potential is relatively weak. It is too far of a stretch to say the E.U. will have the military personnel for world domination. Logically, the three nations are Russia, China and India. Remember, prophecy is on a global scale at this stage and no longer confined to Rome's historic borders.
      The US attack on Iran is the Pearl Harbor that will incite direct Sino-Russian engagement.
      (Rev 18:18) Osama Bin Laden and Russian officials with the help of MS-13 have planted miniaturized thermonuclear 2 kiloton bombs in the major US cities to stop this event. They are meant to be thermal, igniting large areas to create fire storms. The destructive shock wave and fallout are of secondary importance. For comprehensive details see: "Al-Qaeda nukes already in U.S." and "Al Qaeda has Nuclear Weapons-CIA". 
      (Rev 18:8) New York, Miami, Las Vegas and Los Angeles will be nuked when we attack Iran. It will not just be N.Y.C., but also places like L.A., Las Vegas, Miami and maybe Seattle. Places that pose risk to the occupying countries of Russia, China, Mexico and the "Islamic State" along with protecting the naval ports in Cuba and Alaska(annexed by Russia) See: "1984 Prophecy-Dumitru Duduman-Warning America"
      (Rev 17:16) Russia with the backing of China and India will take Europe(Germany and Vatican are already in bed with Russia) and Alaska. Mexico will have Texas to Florida. China will have California. Islam will rule over New England.  The Gulf coast is reserved for Mexico,  a starving and chaotic population will not be a match for the hardened militia and military grade weapons that are flooding across the boarder. Wisconsin will not be a problem for Canada, whose occupation will be welcome. See: "As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S."-WSJ, "Orthodox and Catholics joining forces" and "Russian-German Chamber of Commerce (ECP)". 
      (Rev 18:17) Mexico, Cuba, Nicaragua and others have been given a navy by Russia to enforce an embargo on the rest of the U.S. population. Cuba and Mexico will shut off trade to Gulf ports. Mexico, Venezuela, China and Nicaragua can halt Pacific lanes of traffic. Russia, Turkey and Iran(every Iranian vessel of trade has missiles) can halt Atlantic trade. England will be preoccupied with the Russian annexation of Europe. See: "Russia’s Goals, Strategy and Tactics in Latin America"
      40 days after the nukes the Day of Declaration will be announced to the world by Maitreya(M). The broadcast will unite world media in the process. There is an international effort to conceal M until the Day of Declaration. Over 200 network executives and world leaders meet with him and agreed upon this course of action. There are local and regional wannabes claiming Maitreya status. To see the man himself view the video "Maitreya Mission emerged out from the Baha'i Faith"
      The following is by no means an endorsement, consider the Spirit I have been writing in. Christians weak in faith be warned, this information is a segment of the line that will be drawn in front of you at the hour of your testing. I am only showing what has been hidden from you by Satan, he wants to assure you will not interfere as a political or religious organization before the time and to catch you off guard with a sudden unexpected decision. See: "Maitreya’s miraculous appearance in Nairobi"( This person was not M himself, but a demonstration of how he turned Jesus into Christ. For M claims to be the Father God himself. ((Let my personal feelings be known with sounds of physical disgust.)) Also, it has a tie to a young Obama, who would go on to push for implementing M's policies only to suffer defeat by the election of Trump.), "Maitreya's TV interviews and the Day of Declaration", "Maitreya's emergence", "Three of Maitreya's Miracles", "Healing hand of Maitreya", "Maitreya's worldwide appearances", "Miracles: Healing wells - Share International".
      (Rev 17:17) (Rev. 17:10) After the destruction of N.Y.C. the S.C.O. nations will elect M as world leader. The U.N. headquarters will move to Jerusalem. The Temple will be build and the image of a Buddha will be erected there 10 to 20 years later. (Dan 12:11) He appears to establish a social, religious and political order first. For an undisclosed amount of time he rules the world, before he is assassinated which initiates the 1290 days. Events may not happen as quick as we think.
      The purpose of the Pope is to raise the masses to meet M. 
      (Rev 13:15) M only associates with the elite and will establish the ruling class. An A.I. of his person will be created for public intercourse, for a more "wholesome" internet .
      The two will combine their forces after the Day of Declaration, together the pyramid has its cap stone. 
      (Rev 17:16) After the burning down of N.Y.C. the U.N. headquarters will move to Jerusalem. The Palestinians will still be a problem. The Elders will pack them in boats and load them down with weapons. Sending them to New England allowing the boats to pass the embargo. The Palestinians will gather up an Islamic state and will subjugate a starving and chaotic population.
      (Rev 18:6-7) The cup of the saints blood. The Whore is drunk off the saints not because of her own doing, but of events happening within her boarders. Maiterya's mother is named Sekhmet. She waits in New Mexico to receive her kingdom, because, of a dream she had. She will gather the Hispanic populations as the Mother of God. Her children will devour (Rev 17:16) the Bible Belt(Texas to Florida). The cup will runneth over (Rev. 17:6). Forgive the pagan reference it is necessary to understand this. sekhmet is the oldest god in Egypt. She is a lion goddess her titles include Annihilator of the Rebellious and Our Lady of the Bloodbath. When ra sent her to destroy his enemies she went overboard and started to kill indiscriminately. ra was fearful all mankind would perish. So, ra turned the Nile into fake blood by mixing beer and pomegranate juice for her to drink instead. When she had her fill of this mixture she got drunk and fell asleep waking to become a goddess of love, motherhood and joy. In sekhmet temple worship they had what was called the porch of drunkenness were they drank this red alcoholic mixture. 
      (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) In the valley of Hebron, Maitreya will descend in a u.f.o. with lightning and thunder.? The statement is based on Islamic teaching of the Mahdi(Antichrist). This is supported by Biblical prophecy and is tied to the new energy source M has planned. That is to draw electricity directly from the Magnetosphere using large hovering platforms connected by long cables to satellites (Rev 13:13). See: "The Space Tether Experiment"- NASA and "Ayatollah: Mahdi coming back in Space Ship"-WND
      (F.Y.I.) Revelation is seven separate letters. These documents repeat information as they overlap each other. This confuses many scholars. Both the rapture event and the 3 1/2 years are referred to in separate story lines. This gives the illusion of two different events when the book is viewed as a continuous narrative. Book divisions by chapter 3-3-3-4-3-3-3.
      For the glory of Jesus and by the power of His cross. Thank you for reading this. May you stand unmoved without fear, giving people comfort with the strength of your faith in Jesus Christ.
    • By Omegaman 3.0
      Parousia παρουσία  Strong's 3952
      The Greek word parousia ( παρουσία ) is a word translated in our English Bibles to the words coming, arrival, or presence. The word is common in eschatological contexts, and occurs 24 times. Below you can see how and where the word is used. It derives from para (alongside) and eimi (I am), thus it is a coming to be alongside. It is notable, that this is a noun,
      3952 parousía (from parōn, "be present or to arrive to enter into a situation") – properly, coming, especially arrival by an owner, who alone can deal with a situation (cf. LS).  3952 (parousia) is a "technical term with reference to the visit of a king or some other official, 'a royal visit'" (Souter) – "hence, in the NT, specifically of the Advent or Parousia of Christ" (A-S).
      [3952 (parousia) is "used in the east as a technical expression for the royal visit of a king, or emperor.  The word means literally 'the being beside,' thus, 'the personal presence'" (K. Wuest, 3, Bypaths, 33).]
      Address
      Text
      Form
      Matt 24:3
      As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

παρουσίας Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
      Matt 24:27
      “For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

παρουσία Noun -
      Nominative Feminine Singular

Matt 24:37
      “For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

παρουσία Noun -
      Matt 24:39
      and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

παρουσία Noun -
      Matt 24:42
      “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming*.

erchomai
      1 Cor 15:23
      But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      1 Cor 16:17
      I rejoice over the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus, because they have supplied what was lacking on your part.

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      2 Cor 7:6
      But God, who comforts the depressed, comforted us by the coming of Titus;

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      2 Cor 7:7
      and not only by his coming, but also by the comfort with which he was comforted in you, as he reported to us your longing, your mourning, your zeal for me; so that I rejoiced even more.

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      2 Cor 10:10
      For they say, “His letters are weighty and strong, but his personal presence is unimpressive and his speech contemptible.”

παρουσία Noun -
      Phil 1:26
      so that your proud confidence in me may abound in Christ Jesus through my coming to you again.

παρουσίας Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
      Phil 2:12
      So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      1 Thess 2:19
      For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence** of our Lord Jesus at His coming?

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      1 Thess 3:13
      so that He may establish your hearts without blame in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints.

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      1 Thess 4:15
      For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.

παρουσία Noun -
      Accusative Feminine Singular
      1 Thess 5:23
      Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      2 Thess 2:1
      Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,

παρουσία Noun -
      Genitive Feminine Singular
      2 Thess 2:8
      Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

παρουσία Noun -
      2 Thess 2:9
      that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,

παρουσία Noun -
      Jas 5:7
      Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains.
      παρουσία Noun -

*here the word is not parousia, it is erchomai, included to demonstrate that not all instances of the word coming in English, stems from the Greek word parousia
      **here the word is not parousia, it is emprosthen, usually translated “before”, as in bow down before him
      Parousia παρουσία Strong.docx
    • By SurrenderedWife
      Blessings brothers and sister,
      I was wondering what insight you might have about the usefulness of having children in these last last days. I know we don't know "the day and the hour" but we can't ignore the times. I really want children, and so does my unbelieving spouse but 2 miscarriages later and with the end approaching I'm wondering if this is the best decision for serving the Lord. I love to study and teach and have already envisioned a wonderful and comprehensive homeschooling curriculum, and will follow guides to make sure they successfully grow through their stages. My husband forbids the kids attending church or being taught Christianity as fact rather than my belief. Still, he's not against Christian friends and conversation per se... Other than this, my husband is a committed provider, supports traditional roles and most of Christian teachings, and is very affectionate to family (including our cats).
      I think will make a very good dad. So far things seem to indicate a green light from God, but I'm still interested in what you all know or think!
    • By SurrenderedWife
      Paul Wilbur's music moves my heart more than any other, I wonder why...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4HWj1jrJA

I always think of the Marriage Supper having this kind of music