• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

You ever thought about that in conjunction with "I saw Satan falling from heaven like LIGHTNING."

Could it be that Lucifer is somehow in "charge" of electricity?

Think about how electricity has influenced society.

Now, why do Amish refuse electricity?

Reliance on electricity is paramount for the survival of billions of people.

What do you think?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,674
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think your using electricity right now to post your thoughts, so for both our sakes I hope your wrong....

Ok joking aside...yeah electricity is still not evil. That is reading into scripture what is not there, Luke was simply using a metaphor to describe what he saw. Colorful imagery by a biblical author does not make electricity evil. It's simple energy, neither good nor bad, what it's used for is is completely up to the user.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

6 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

You ever thought about that in conjunction with "I saw Satan falling from heaven like LIGHTNING."

What do you think?

Yes, I have considered these things.  His name means light bearer too.  There is a great danger that lies in connecting things through the imagination because it all began with "hath God said?".  

My focus remains upon God being the father of lights whereas the other is one who transforms himself into an angel of light.  One is where all good things come from  whose end is to help us all become as he is and the other is the destroyer who desires worship to be held up as a god in the eyes of those he deceives.  

He is the spirit at work 'inside' the children of disobeience or unbelief.  The wrath of God comes down upon such revealed from heaven.

His children are as he is. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Amish choose to master technology rather than become its slave.The Amish reject the outside world. Satan falling from heaven like lightning has nothing to do with them rejecting electricity.

Guest Robert
6 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

What do you think?

I think the term "fall like lightning" was describing how rapidly Satan fell. As a point of fact, scripture has described thunderbolts as being in God's arsenal, as well as coming from the throne. So I do not think electricity falls into Satan's purview.

As for the Amish: missmuffet has the right of it. While the Amish do not consider electricity and modern technology evil, they do recognize that untamed and uncontrolled, could undermine their way of life. They seek to master it, not let it drag them into the modern world and bring foreign values into their society. That said, not all Amish settlements shun all electricity: some use batteries to power electric flashlights and other devices, depending on the community. These things are controllable and can be made to not take over their lives.

With all of that said: electricity is neither good nor evil, seeing that as much harm as it has caused, it has also prospered and benefited mankind greatly. Like any tool or device, the wickedness that comes from its' use is not inherent in the machine or technology, but in our own hearts and souls. Remember: Cain killed Abel, and the "technology" of the day was most likely stones and wood. It didn't make the rocks and branches "evil" or under Satan's direct control, but it did indicate that in a physical world, inanimate objects were subject to Man's will...

...and the soul driving that will is under the curse of sin.

Scripture has proven time and time again that GOD is in charge of the elements. HE uses thunder and lightning, hail, fire and brimstone, the oceans, fish (included whales) and animals at whim. They respond instantly to HIM, unlike us, who question everything.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

11 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

What do you think?

Actually, no, Lucifer isn't in charge of Lightning, the Holy Ghost is in charge of all things of Nature.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

No. All natural forces and laws are in God's hands.  And since every atom of the universe is ultimately electrons, and the brain functions on electrical impulses, it should be clear that Satan has nothing to do with this other than use things for his own evil purposes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

Interesting, Prince of the Power of the Air, interesting how God Himself says satan is the ruler of earth, hes basically the god of earth until he is bound for a 1000 years, yet people ignore how much power he has here.

Now I will say this, of course he has already lost, but that does not diminish his current status of ruler of this world, look at the power he has over the unbelievers.

As for believing the bible does not say what it means, as in lightning or any other such verse, I believe our own lack of faith limits the words of the bible, God does not say what He does not mean.

Just because one lacks understanding at a particular moment does not change the intended statement.

Now of course I do not only refer to this lightning verse but to many many others people claim as fanciful wording.

I mean if choose we could say that about every verse, oh it does not mean what it says, it means something else.

I believe God knew exactly what He was saying, how He said it and for what reason, in EVERY instance, as confusing or nonsensical as it may seem to a man.

Satan was the one who first changed the definitions of Gods statements, careful not to follow suit.

If we do not understand a statement it could possibly be due to a mistranslation of words, theres quite a few of those, as English and Hebrew are quite different.

Use an interlinear bible on "bible hub" you can see what the hebrew is or greek, it may help clear things up for you.

Peace.