no recovery and no post

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Some of my posts never load and post.  I just get a notice of loading.  Moreover, I can't recover the post like we used to be able to do.  It is frustrating to spend an hour researching a subject and then to lose it so it never gets posted.  Any suggestions?  Can you tell me why this occurs? 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Probably a timeout issue.  If you are posting a long reply, I suggest using WordPad or Word and copying and pasting what you wrote from Word to the forums.  I've not seen the issue, but generally I don't post long replies because in my experience the longer the reply -- the less it is read.  I usually break up long replies into 3 or 4 posts so that it's entirely read. :)

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I've had this happen quite a bit lately George....   if I have a post longer than two sentences, I just do a copy to the clip board so I have it in memory if it doesn't load......     late yesterday I had one and just got up and left and came back in an hour and it had finished loading....    I just assumed you were doing something and let it do it's thing.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Days Won:  30

I do tend to be long winded.  Hubby always tells me to get to the point.  My mind doesn't work that way!

It usually occurs after I have posted an answer to another post.  So stringing them out might not work if it doesn't allow me to post again.  

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will try them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 8/4/2016 at 5:21 PM, other one said:

late yesterday I had one and just got up and left and came back in an hour and it had finished loading....    I just assumed you were doing something and let it do it's thing.

18 hours ago, Willa said:

It usually occurs after I have posted an answer to another post.  So stringing them out might not work if it doesn't allow me to post again.  

Have had the same problem, think it has in part to do with the sometime slowness of my service provider. One trick I've learned that works is to copy the post, open the same page on a new tab, post it there and immediately hit Submit. Works well.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

On 04 August 2016 at 10:11 PM, George said:

Probably a timeout issue.  If you are posting a long reply, I suggest using WordPad or Word and copying and pasting what you wrote from Word to the forums.  I've not seen the issue, but generally I don't post long replies because in my experience the longer the reply -- the less it is read.  I usually break up long replies into 3 or 4 posts so that it's entirely read. :)

This is a phenomena of the net isn't it, I devour books, great tomes....but somehow an overlong post just phases my brain...best to break it up.