• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

10 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

We weep for those unsaved who have perished

The worst is yet to come; much, much worse.

Rev 21:3-4 . . Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

The tears, the death, the mourning, the crying, and the pain are related to the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15, which will be a public spectacle. In other words, people will have to watch as friends, family, associates, and loved ones are literally pale with terror, lips trembling, mouths too dry to speak, shrieking, sobbing, screaming, weeping, yelping, and bellowing like wounded dogs as their eyes dart about in sheer white-knuckled panic looking for someone, anyone, to help them as powerful celestial beings drag them off to death akin to a foundry worker falling into a vat of molten iron.

Paul said the greatest of all gifts is love (1Cor 13:13). But let me tell you something: Love is inconvenient. Decent folk cannot sit through a scene like the one described above and not be moved by it. The effect will be so overwhelming that nothing less than the power of God will suffice to get them over it.

/

Edited by WebersHome

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3

11 hours ago, Amore_Amibo said:

It's absolutely heartbreaking to think there are so many people dying everyday and spending eternity in such an awful place.

The number of people dying and going to hell on a daily basis is pretty amazing, but the number of living people on a road to hell is even more remarkable.

For example; as of mid 2014, worldwide there were:

7,794,000 Baha'i

515,951,000 Buddhists

451,292,000 Chinese Folk Religionists

8,424,000 Confucianists

974,597,000 Hindus

5,567,000 Jains

14,142,000 Jews

15,000,000 Mormons

1,673,590 Muslims

2,819,000 Shintoists

24,918,000 Sikhs

14,183,000 Spiritists

8,660,000 Taoists

196,000 Zoroastrians

828,594,000 Nonreligious

692,111,000 Agnostics and

136,483,000 Atheists.

The grand total of the non Christians on that list is 5,374,321,000. The population of the world in mid 2014 was approximately 7,178,722,893 people; which means that 5,374,321,000 represented roughly 75% of the world at that time; and that's not even counting all the Christians who were Christians in name only. It's my guess that the tares easily outnumbered the wheat.

Matt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Master; have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you; depart from me, you that work iniquity.

/

Edited by WebersHome

-

Judas goats are trained for use in slaughterhouses and herd control. In stockyards, they lead sheep to slaughter; and are also used to lead other animals to specific pens and on to trucks. The term is a reference to the biblical traitor Judas Iscariot.

The phrase has also been used to describe goats utilized to locate feral goats targeted for eradication. They're usually outfitted with a transmitter, painted in red and then released. The goats then locate the remaining herds of feral goats, allowing hunters with tracking devices to find and exterminate them. The red paint marks the goat with the transmitter so the hunters know which one not to shoot.

You know what can be even worse than going to hell? Your own children following you there: and they trusted you.

Here's a sort of cute story I heard once. I don't know if it's true but I guess it sure is pertinent.

A thirsty farmer went out to his barn in the dead of night after a snowfall to sneak a pull from a hidden liquor bottle. Just as he got to the barn door he heard something behind him. Turning, the farmer recognized his little boy coming towards him. In amazement he asked the little guy how he ever managed to find his way out to the barn in the dark. His son replied: It was easy; I walked in your footsteps.

Can you just imagine the anguish that parents feel in the netherworld knowing their children walked in their ideological footsteps right down to hell? How do those parents cope with something like that on their conscience?

Luke 16:27-29 . . Then he said: I beg you therefore, father [Abraham] that you would send [Lazarus] to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.

That poor man had no way to contact his surviving kin and let them know his whereabouts; but his biggest fear was that he knew them all well enough to know that all five were coming down where he was-- there was nothing he could do to prevent it. It was like the survivors of the Titanic watching their loved ones go to Davy Jones and helpless to do anything about it. (I'm speaking in the past tense because that man's kin have all joined him by now.)

For some families, the only thing they have to look forward to in the afterlife is a sad reunion in fire and despair.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 16 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 892,960 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

-

Was Jonah alive in the fish? Yes. (Jonah 2:1) The whole time? No. (Jonah 2:6)

At some time during Jonah's three-day nautical adventure, he went to a place described as the roots of the mountains. Well; the roots of the mountains aren't situated in the tummy of a fish; they're embedded in the earth. Jesus Christ said the same thing about his experience.

Matt 12:40 . . For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.

When you think about it, Christ's corpse was never in the heart of the earth. It wasn't even in the earth's soil. It was on the surface of the earth in a rock tomb. So in order for Christ to be on the surface of the earth and in its heart at the same time, he and his body had to go their separate ways.

Same with Jonah. In order for him to be in a fish's tummy and down at the roots of the mountains at the same time, Jonah and his body had to go their separate ways; which of course is not difficult for traditional Christians seeing as how they believe Christ taught that human life continues to exist beyond the human body's demise.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 18 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 1,004,580 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

You are like Jonah....sat under his broom tree waiting for God to destroy the Ninevites .... but God did not destroy the Ninevites, He had mercy instead.

14 hours ago, TehMill said:

You are like Jonah....sat under his broom tree waiting for God to destroy the Ninevites .... but God did not destroy the Ninevites, He had mercy instead.

The reason why God backed off on His threat to destroy the people of Nineveh is not because He's a soft touch; rather, because they changed their ways due to the frightful aspect of Jonah's preaching.

It's not uncommon to hear people complain that Christianity is a religion of fear. Well; their complaint is not altogether without merit.

Luke 12:4-5 . . I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: fear Him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear Him.

/

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

What if a nation does not have a Jonah to preach to them? billions have never heard the gospel...just bad luck I suppose.

-

Luke 16:25 . . Abraham said to him: Son, remember

I should think that one of the negative aspects of hell is memory. How people down there retain their memories sans the brain cells they left behind with their corpse, I don't know; but they do, just as the rich man is able to experience thirst sans a flesh and blood tongue.

The older one gets, the more memories they accumulate, and many of those memories haunt us with terrible regret. However, the people in hell not only have to cope with their bad memories, but also the good ones too, and I should think it is remembering the good things they enjoyed in life that makes their situation only worse in the heat.

They say it is better to have loved and lost, rather than not to have loved at all. I disagree. I suspect it is far better to not know what you're missing. Ignorance really would be bliss in the once-rich man's situation.

Just think: that poor man is still in anguish down there to this very day; something like 1,956 years since Luke penned his gospel. In the grand scheme of things, that man is only just getting started on eternity because 1,956 years is little more than a warm-up for the main event. To put that in perspective: 60 AD was something like 1,432 years before Columbus discovered America.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 20 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 1,116,200 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

-

Gen 6:5 . . And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

It's freaky to contemplate that humanity's designer has a way to eavesdrop His creature's mental processes on a level with which we are mostly unfamiliar.

Matt 15:18-19 . . For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts

So then, it's not how your mind works that defines you, no, it's how your heart works that defines you; and a man's heart is easily capable of hoodwinking his own consciousness.

Jer 17:9 . . The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

There is a part of us that psychology labels the subconscious; which in Freud's opinion is a repository for socially unacceptable ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, and painful emotions put out of mind by the mechanism of psychological repression. However, the contents do not necessarily have to be solely negative. In the psychoanalytic view, the subconscious is a force that can only be recognized by its effects-- in other words: your mind's thoughts can be construed not as replicas of your hearts thoughts; but rather, as symptoms of your heart's thoughts.

The key word in the above is repression. God is able to de-suppress those repressed contents and submit them as evidence in the prosecution's case against the accused. That means He will be confronting people with things that they never before really knew about themselves; and that's why I sometimes say only a fool would take their chances with the Bible's God. They have no clue the extent of the psychological tsunami they're walking into.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 22 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 1,227,820 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

• Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

2 Timothy 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Romans 8:15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.