IGNORED

Hell's Population Crunch

WebersHome

Guest Teditis
37 minutes ago, forGod1 said:

I think i'm going to hell the more i study. not good.

Realizing that it's not good is a great place to start!!

What obstacles are in the way for you to accept Jesus

as your Lord and Savior? 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

Creeping up the blind side, shinning up the wall,

stealing through the dark of the night.

Climbing through a window, stepping to the floor

checking to the left and the right.

Picking up the pieces, putting them away;

something doesn't feel quite right.

Help me someone, let me out of here.

Then out of the dark was suddenly heard:

Welcome to the Home by the Sea

Coming out the woodwork, through the open door,

pushing from above and below.

Shadows with no substance, in the shape of men;

round and down and sideways they go.

Adrift without direction, eyes that hold despair

then as one they sigh and they moan:

Help us someone, let us out of here.

Living here so long undisturbed,

dreaming of the time we were free

so many years ago

before the time when we first heard:

Welcome to the Home by the Sea

Sit down . . Sit down

As we relive our lives in what we tell you

Images of sorrow, pictures of delight

things that go to make up a life.

Endless days of summer, longer nights of gloom

waiting for the morning light.

Scenes of unimportance, photos in a frame

things that go to make up a life.

Sit down . . Sit down

Cause you won't get away,

no; with us you will stay

for the rest of your days.

So sit down as we relive our lives in what we tell you.

Let us relive our lives in what we tell you.

Home By The Sea

Genesis, 1983

Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford:

The lyrics of that song are so sad because it depicts how the only thing people have to do down in the netherworld to help pass the time is tell each other about their previous lives. There is, of course, nothing to tell about their lives in hell since the colloquialism "get a life" is a non sequitur in that place. Nobody has a life down there; nor any hope of getting one.

†. Ecc 9:10 . . Whatever your hand finds to do, verily, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in sheol where you are going.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 34 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 1,897,540 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

-

2Ths 2:11-12 . . God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

In other words: there's coming a time when God's patience will reach its reasonable limits, and He will purposely, willfully, and deliberately make sure that a certain category of people have no chance whatsoever to be spared the wrath of God.

Back when Noah was preparing the ark, no doubt his neighbors all mocked and poked fun at him like one of those deranged souls that go around with a sandwich board that reads: Repent; The End Is Near! But when the rain started, I bet those very same neighbors panicked and tried to get Noah to open up and let them in. But even had Noah wanted to; he couldn't. The hatch of the ark was sealed from the outside: and God was the only one on earth who could open it-- He chose not to.

Rev 1:18 . . I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Rev 3:7 . .These are the words of him who is holy and true: who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 36 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,009,160 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

-

Acts 2:31 . . his soul was not left in hell

The Greek word for "hell" in that verse is haides (hah'-dace) which essential means: unseen; ie: the netherworld.

Haides (a.k.a. hades) is borrowed from Greek mythology. It refers to the afterlife situation of all the dead, both the good dead and the bad dead.

Hades is divided into sections where the souls of the dead are assigned in accordance with the quality of their pre-death existence. The worst section is a deep abys called Tartarus; which is utilized in the New Testament at 2Pet 2:4.

According to Luke 23:43, the section of hades in which Christ reposed for three days and nights was Paradise.

There's only one Paradise but it consists of three sections. There's a section down in the netherworld (Matt 12:40). There's another located in a celestial region that Paul labeled the third heaven (2Cor 12:2-4). And yet another is located in a place called the paradise of God. (Rev 2:7)

CRUNCH UPDATE: 38 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,120,780 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

Edited by WebersHome

-

A forgiven sinner is still sinful, and they'll go right on sinning same as before they were forgiven unless they undergo a re-design because human nature is intrinsically bad.

Gen 6:5 . .Yhvh saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

Gen 8:21 . . Man's thoughts and actions are bent toward evil from childhood.

Jer 13:23 . . Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Then may you also do good who are accustomed to do evil.

Eph 2:3 . .We were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 40 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,232,400 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

-

Christianity is a lethal religion. It quite literally, in some supernatural way that I don't quite understand, puts Christ's followers to death.

Rom 6:3 . . Do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?

Rom 6:6 . . Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him

Gal 2:20 . . I am crucified with Christ

Col 3:3 . . For you died when Christ died

What's so good about being dead? Well; one of the good parts is: according to Rom 7:1-4 dead people are no longer under the jurisdiction of the Ten Commandments.

Rom 4:15 . . Law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

Rom 5:13 . . Sin is not imputed when there is no law.

The Greek word in that passage for "imputed" is ellogeo (el-log-eh'-o) which means (in the sense of account); to reckon in, i.e. attribute: in other words to count against someone; viz: an indictment with which to slam people at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15..

CRUNCH UPDATE: 42 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,344,020 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

Edited by WebersHome

-

COMMON ATTITUDE: I'm special; God understands me and He knows I'm only human. Although God probably may not let others off; I'm sure He will make an exception for me because I'm not like other people; I'm different.

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, the Bible's God can't do that. If He were to make exceptions, God would be neither equitable, nor honest-- and worse, it would go against His grain, compromise His integrity, sin against His conscience; and cause Him to lose the world's respect. No, God doesn't grade on a curve: everyone is treated equally in God's courtroom. In a system of divine absolutes; there is neither a curve nor an exception: nobody gets any favors, and nobody is special.

Deut 10:17 . . Yhvh shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

Acts 10:34 . .Then Peter began to speak: I now realize how true it is that God is impartial.

Rom 2:5-11 . . For there is coming a day of judgment when God, the just judge of all the world, will judge all people according to what they have done. He will give eternal life to those who persist in doing what is good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers.

. . . But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth; and practice evil deeds. There will be anguish and calamity for everyone who practices evil-- for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all practice good --for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 45 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,511,450 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

-

Q: Doesn't the Bible say that God's mercy endures forever as per Ps 100:5, Ps 106:1, Ps 107:1, and Ps 118:1, et al?

A: God's mercy is always available; but His patience sometimes wears thin. Good examples of that are the people swept away by the hand of God in the Flood, and those burned to death by the hand of God in Sodom and Gomorrah; and the firstborn of man and beast slain by the hand of God on Passover night in Egypt.

It's possible to push God too far. For example:

Hos 4:17 . . Ephraim is joined to idols; let him alone.

In other words: God instructed the prophet Hosea not to bother preaching in Ephraim. They were too far gone.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 47 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,623,070 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

-

Note the grammatical tense of the "have" verb in the statements below. It's present tense rather than future, indicating that believers have eternal life right now-- no delay and no waiting period.

John 3:36 . . He who believes in the Son has eternal life

John 5:24 . . I assure you, those who heed my message and trust in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

John 6:47 . .Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

1John 5:13 . . I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Q: If believers really do have eternal life; then why do they die just like everybody else?

A: Eternal life is often mistaken for immortality. The two are not the same. Immortality refers to the qualities of a superhuman body as per 1Cor 15:51-54; while eternal life refers to the qualities of divinity as per 2Pet 1:3-4 and 1John 1:1-2.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 49 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,734,490 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

Edited by WebersHome

-

Jonah 4:9-11 . . God said to Jonah: Do you have a right to be angry about the vine? I do; he said. I am angry enough to die. But the Lord said: You have been concerned about this vine, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. But Nineveh has more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and many cattle as well. Should I not be concerned about that great city?

Had not the adults of Nineveh repented at Jonah's preaching, 120,000 small children would have died through no fault of their own. They would have been collateral damage due to their parents' decadence.

NOTE: Though the city was spared in Jonah's day, a hundred years later in Nahum's day it was destroyed by means of war and conquest.

Just exactly how God is able to engineer such things is a bit of a mystery; but does make one wonder where else this terrifying work of His goes on. Did God somehow have a hand in the American civil war, and the first and second world wars, and the Holocaust, and in Korea and Vietnam, and in the so-called Arab Spring, and in the pandemics, the ethnic cleansings, ISIS, the housing bubble, and the genocides of the last century, and in natural events like mighty earthquakes, tsunamis, and super storms? I really have to wonder sometimes because Jonah's God is still out there somewhere.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 54 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 3,013,740 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/