• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Aug 04, 2016 @ 10:58 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 324,160,394 with a death rate of approximately one every 13 seconds; which translates to an average of 6,646 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 4,832 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,464 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 103 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 51 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,464 condemned souls per 324,160,394 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,342,269,401 people, would suggest something like 55,810 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,325 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 22 hours and 17 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 04:17 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Traditional Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or Donald Trump's wall.

If traditional Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

Matt 13:42 . . there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

It wasn't until I saw a painting by Gustave Doré depicting an impressionistic scene from Dante Alighieri's Inferno that I realized the degree of despair gripping the minds and hearts of people in hell.

People down there know it's permanent; that's what makes hell so much worse than any other source of misery one can possibly imagine. If only they could see a light at the end of the tunnel; but that's just it: there is no end of the tunnel; it loops, like the Large Hadron Collider; within which they just go round and around and around.

They say hope springs eternal in the human heart. Well; not down there. No; down there hope is futile. The fires are bad enough; but it's the permanence of hell that I would imagine hurts the most.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 2 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 111,620 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

I take it you are against 'traditional Christianity's perception'? It helps to remember that actually every single person born is deserving of hell from the moment of their conception, the amazing thing is not that God condemns sinners, no the amazing thing is that he saves sinners. I am not amazed by the numbers going to hell, I am amazed by the numbers going to heaven and I call it amazing grace upon amazing grace that God has provided a way of salvation so that Hell is not the end of all.    

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Reformed Baptist said:

I take it you are against 'traditional Christianity's perception'? It helps to remember that actually every single person born is deserving of hell from the moment of their conception, the amazing thing is not that God condemns sinners, no the amazing thing is that he saves sinners. I am not amazed by the numbers going to hell, I am amazed by the numbers going to heaven and I call it amazing grace upon amazing grace that God has provided a way of salvation so that Hell is not the end of all.    

Doent that part bother you just a little bit.  I am not saying that you are not correct, but the concept still just sticks in the craw.   I think about my own children, who are now grown adults, but from the moment I first held them in my arms God said they deserved to burn in hell for all eternity, and they had committed no transgressions yet.  Something about it just does not seem right.

2 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Doent that part bother you just a little bit.  I am not saying that you are not correct, but the concept still just sticks in the craw.  

My personal distaste is not a good enough reason for me to reject a realiltly. 

I think about my own children, who are now grown adults, but from the moment I first held them in my arms God said they deserved to burn in hell for all eternity, and they had committed no transgressions yet.  Something about it just does not seem right.

Hadn't they? What About Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. - the sin their belongs to the person conceived! 

Does it bother - yes it certainly does and that is why I try to share the gospel with people including my children.  I want to see my children going to hell, but if I allow my personal distaste for that to could my judgement I might not be quite so clear in my warnings to them of the danger they are in - imagine the scene on the day of judgement,

'dad, why didn't you tell me?' 

'Well son, it's like this, I just didn't want it to be true!'

How horrible would that be! 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, Reformed Baptist said:

My personal distaste is not a good enough reason for me to reject a realiltly. 

Hadn't they? What About Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. - the sin their belongs to the person conceived! 

Does it bother - yes it certainly does and that is why I try to share the gospel with people including my children.  I want to see my children going to hell, but if I allow my personal distaste for that to could my judgement I might not be quite so clear in my warnings to them of the danger they are in - imagine the scene on the day of judgement,

'dad, why didn't you tell me?' 

'Well son, it's like this, I just didn't want it to be true!'

How horrible would that be! 

I didn't say it should be ignored, just that it is hard to take and harder to understand. From a purely logic standpoint it makes no sense for a child conceived 6000 years after a deed to be destined for hell.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Praying~!

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:14

Maranatha~!

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/4/2016 at 9:09 PM, WebersHome said:

-

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Aug 04, 2016 @ 10:58 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 324,160,394 with a death rate of approximately one every 13 seconds; which translates to an average of 6,646 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 4,832 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,464 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 103 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 51 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,464 condemned souls per 324,160,394 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,342,269,401 people, would suggest something like 55,810 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,325 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 22 hours and 17 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 04:17 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Traditional Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or Donald Trump's wall.

If traditional Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

/

The biggest mistake ever committed is made by the God mocking person who is suddenly dead (didnt know they would be on the Obituary page today)  and is about to be judged by God for = REJECTING CHRIST......, YET,  they knew about Christ on the Cross when they were alive and decided they were just too smart,..... just too clever,..... just too sophisticated,  for "all that religious stuff".

Imagine being dead, and that is when you find out that what you were told all your life about JESUS is REAL, and you are THERE and cant have a 2nd chance because you wasted 1000 chances to be forgiven when you were alive.

So, imagine that feeling...... 

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

14 hours ago, Reformed Baptist said:

Amen !! Grace is a gift that no one deserves

17 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I didn't say it should be ignored, just that it is hard to take and harder to understand. From a purely logic standpoint it makes no sense for a child conceived 6000 years after a deed to be destined for hell.

I would be very interested in how you could argue that from 'a purely logical standpoint' it makes no sense. I think you can only do that if you redefine the term logic, logic is simply an argument where one can establish reasonable coherence between the evidence and the conclusion.  So, setting the bible aside for a moment, lets look at the evidence, consider that child - who teaches that child to cry selfishly cry for attention? Who teaches that child to tell it's first lie? In short, does that child just have some sort of innate tendency towards sinful behavior?

Let's put it another way, does that child have an innate belief and love for God, or do we look for a conversion experience?

The answers to those leads us to conclude that the child is born a sinner, and therefore we have to look for the reason for that, and as the Bible explains that such 'brokenness' is a result of Adam sin (Rom 5:12) - I have to ask how, logically speaking, such a conclusion seems far fetched?  

What else makes sense? What other, logical, alternative is there?

You see my friend, if we apply your argument logically then we have to that similarly one might argue that it makes no sense that someone could die 2000 years ago in payment for your sin. Which is, of course, the very center of the Christian faith.

How come Christians have no problem saying 'through the actions of one man many are made friends of God' but some have a problem sayings'through the actions of one man many are made enemies of God.' Surely if we apply logical properly we would have to admit that if one is true to other has to be true. If God has dealt with us through Adam, then logically he can deal with us through the second Adam? However if God hasn't dealt with us through Adam, then he cannot deal with us through the second Adam, and we are left without hope.