IGNORED

Is the 200 Million army of God and not of men ?

Revelation Man

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

So, looking forward, not from Johns perspective of the vision, why would the Euphrates need to be dried up in a modern world, where bridges exist and and the capability of crossing rivers with huge Armies was proven to be a somewhat easy chore in World War Two ? That is the logical question. And is the Army even an Army of men or is it an army of Angels/Saints ? Is this event symbolism of Israel/Judah being saved by Cyrus, the "anointed one" (Isaiah 45:1) a type of Christ/Messiah, via the drying up of the River Euphrates. 

The deliverance from the Babylonian captivity as foreseen by Isaiah becomes in itself a prophetic picture of the deliverance of the spiritual Israel, God’s remnant people, with the conquering Cyrus (Christ) as the great Deliverer for whom they have waited. The designation of Cyrus as “my Anointed” in Isaiah 45:1 is significant for in the Hebrew it is “my Messiah” and the Greek form of course is “Christ”, both forms meaning “anointed”. This, with the designation ‘My Shepherd’ (48:28) also a messianic title, marks Cyrus as a type or symbol of Christ”. Isaiah 46 and 47 continues the prophecy of Cyrus (but also adds what can only be future events) but its all linked with the description of the destruction of Babylon. In Revelation 18, the pattern is repeated in almost identical fashion concerning end time spiritual Babylon.

As concerning the Destruction of Babylon, in Daniel 5, they all drank wine out of the vessels of the temple of the Lord and praised and worshiped all of their false gods therein. (Gold, silver, brass, wood, stone) And the same hour the "finger/hand of God" wrote their destruction, "Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin" meaning God has numbered thy Kingdom, and finished it, thy Kingdom has been weighed in the balances and found wanting, and thy Kingdom is laid waste and divided. So is Revelation 9 and the Drying up of the River Euphrates a symbolic gesture of a coming Salvation unto Israel/Judah ? A defeating of "Babylon" ? It would seem so. The "Thousand" mentioned in Rev. 9 is the Greek word MURIAS G3461 meaning (1) ten thousand (2) an innumerable multitude, an unlimited number (3) innumerable hosts ----From G3463; a ten thousand; by extension a "myriad" or indefinite number:—ten thousand.

The 200 Million mentioned in Revelation 9:16. This number is expressed in the Greek as 'two myriads of myriads' or in numeric form, "two 10,000 of 10,000". There is no Hundred in the verse anywhere. I am pretty sure this means Two Myriads of people. Is this an Army of men of War attacking Israel, or an Army of Men/Saints/Angels delivering Israel ? In Revelation 9 a horde of Demons is loosed from the bottomless pit when the Fifth Angel sounds the Fifth trumpet, and is given the key to the bottomless pit. (Rev 9:1) Their "Breastplates were of Iron" but the Army of the Myriad or 2 thousand thousand, has Breastplates of What ? {breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, }  ( Two Myriads we must ask, could it be the Great Multitude and the 144,000 ? Just a thought. )  The breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue and sulfur yellow of the horsemen equate to the breastplate worn by the high priest. Exodus 28:15 You shall make the breastplate of judgment. Artistically woven according to the workmanship of the ephod you shall make it: of gold, blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine wove, linen, you shall make it.

Only in this case all 200 million (or all of the Myriad or the innumerable number) are being presented as high priests. The power of these horsemen (fire, smoke and brimstone) comes from their mouths and their tails. { The mouth represents The Holy Spirit/Word of God, and the tails represent the venomous (9:19 their tails were like unto serpents) actions against mankind they have been given the power to bring forth.)

Rev. 9:18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

So, these Myriads are placing plagues upon whom ? People that worshiped idols of gold, silver, brass, stone and wood (Just like Daniel 5 and the Judgment of Babylon) and they would not REPENT of their evil ways. This is Gods plagues, upon an evil mankind. The (200 Million ?) as they have been called are actually two Myriads of angels/men/saints or servants of God that are Judging mankind with plagues. Everyone has this backwards in my honest opinion. Where is this 200 Million pictured as coming against Israel ? The Kings of the East in Rev. 16 is a different event than the 200 million on Rev. 9, it is a Vial Judgment/event, not a Trumpet Judgment/event. I think it is the Kings of the East alright, but it is Persia ( Just like Daniel 5 ) Syria, Turkey and the hordes of Islamic Muslims, who might very well, not being a modern army, see the River Euphrates drying up, as a calling for them to attack Israel, these might actually travel across the River bed, and Turkey, who has a Dam that can block the water or Dry up the River might instigate this, more than likely it just dries up .

Lot of what ifs here, but the main thrust of the matter is, the Kings of the East and the Two Hundred Million (or Myriad and Myriad) are not the same event, at all. One is a Trumpet and the other is a Vial. The fall of Babylon was the signal for the deliverance of the Jewish remnant from their long and languishing exile under their Babylonian conquerors. Under the Persian rule, the command for their release was given, first by Cyrus the conqueror of Babylon and then by the great kings who succeeded him. Revelation again speaks of the "drying of the River of the Euphrates. Once again this needs to be connected with the deliverance of God’s remnant from the persecuting oppression of last day Babylonian overlords. (Last Beast System) The sixth Vial (Kings of the East coming against Israel) is immediately followed by the seventh which relates to the destruction of Babylon, and the following two chapters of Revelation 17 and 18 are a prophetic enlargement of what is stated in brief in chapter 16.

The drying up of Euphrates therefore must be taken in a prophetic sense, of the way being prepared for the final overthrow of the great Satanic oppression that has made the nations drunk with its wine. So attack and oppression is followed by deliverance. In Revelation 19 we see Christ, the KING of kings, riding forth with the armies (Saints and Angels) of heaven. They come to deliver God's remnant people (Israel and Christians who were left) and put an end to Babylon and the forces supporting Babylon.

Ancient Babylon a city "most proud," with "a golden cup…that made all the earth drunken…of her wine." Jeremiah 50:32; 51:7. Has a remarkable link to last day Babylon in Revelation 17-18. (False Religion and Gov. without God at its head) Yet she was to fall suddenly and be destroyed (Jeremiah 51:8). Then God would call Israel, saying, "My people, go ye out of the midst of her." Jeremiah 51:45. These exact words are repeated in the book of Revelation to Israel about the importance of coming out of modern Babylon (Revelation 17:4, 5; 18:2-8).

Jeremiah 50:29 Call together the archers against Babylon: all ye that bend the bow, camp against it round about; let none thereof escape: recompense her according to her work; according to all that she hath done, do unto her: for she hath been proud against the LORD, against the Holy One of Israel.

50:31 Behold, I am against thee, O thou most proud, saith the Lord GOD of hosts: for thy day is come, the time that I will visit thee.

51:7 Babylon [hath been] a golden cup in the LORD'S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad. 51:8 Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed.

51:45 My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD.

Amazing !! This matches up with with God coming against Babylon the Great Harlot in 17 and with Babylon the Beast in Rev. 18. The Sixth trumpet begins with the mention of a voice coming from the golden altar before God. As this altar is also called the 'altar of incense', there is an implication that this 6th trumpet event occurs in answer to prayer, Rev 5:8. In the narrative of the 6th trumpet we have a clear historical reference back to when the Chaldeans crossed the Euphrates and defeated the house of Judah. Refer 2 Chronicles 36:15-20. In the book of Zephaniah, who lived in the days immediately prior to the Chaldean invasion the Day of the LORD is clearly described as a day of trouble for the land of Judah (note verses 1:4,7,10,12,14-15,18, 2:1-3). Other nations are later mentioned, but primary attention is given to the wrath directed upon Judah.  

So, have I made a good case, am I crazy, or might I be on to something ? I been studying this a few weeks, this sprung up by accident from my studies on Babylon.  

My first thread.........Have at it........God Bless.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It is odd that there are exactly 200 million square miles of Earth surface.  This would make (One) of these destroyer angels per every square mile including all ocean and artic surfaces.  If they only appear over land it would make about (one) destroyer angel per square city block.  These destroying (Horsemen) mean they are riding (Horses) or (Something)  All the World's militaries tanks could not even match but a small percent of this number.  These destroying (horses) with riders are the beginning of Christ return..  They will be seen as (War of the worlds) UFO's from another planet the people of Earth will think and so will the World's governments. They will not think "Hey Mable, this could be the start of the 2nd coming of Christ." Because they are destroying things and do not look like biblical characters and show no love it has to be aliens in ships from another planet.  The super power of the World creates a military coalition to fight these aliens but the result is the very coalition is dismayed and turns on the superpower and makes war and pillaging in order to survive.. Christ returns and all is cut short to preserve the 144,000 elect 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 8/5/2016 at 6:28 PM, Eoreris said:

It is odd that there are exactly 200 million square miles of Earth surface.  This would make (One) of these destroyer angels per every square mile including all ocean and artic surfaces.  If they only appear over land it would make about (one) destroyer angel per square city block.  These destroying (Horsemen) mean they are riding (Horses) or (Something)  All the World's militaries tanks could not even match but a small percent of this number.  These destroying (horses) with riders are the beginning of Christ return..  They will be seen as (War of the worlds) UFO's from another planet the people of Earth will think and so will the World's governments. They will not think "Hey Mable, this could be the start of the 2nd coming of Christ." Because they are destroying things and do not look like biblical characters and show no love it has to be aliens in ships from another planet.  The super power of the World creates a military coalition to fight these aliens but the result is the very coalition is dismayed and turns on the superpower and makes war and pillaging in order to survive.. Christ returns and all is cut short to preserve the 144,000 elect 

Interesting, I never knew about the 200 million square miles. I find it odd that everyone (including me) has always assumed that the 200 Million Army and the Kings of the East were the same thing, as per the Kings of the East must lead these 200 Million. But it is different entities entirely. One is a Trumpet Judgment, the other is a Vial judgment. When I saw this I hit myself upside the head, LOL. This proves, we can be pre-conditioned and never see it. I added an interesting tid-bit I meant to add earlier, it ties in the Thousands and Ten Thousands to the 144,000 and the Great Multitude. 

Just an add-on that I need to place here to complete the thread thought I already did: Gog and Magog might be after the 1000 year reign it seems according to Revelation. Not sure if its the same event....It needs to be studied more, no doubt. God has been showing me much lately. Things just pop it seems.

I always thought is was an Army of 200 Million also, but the verses never say that, it actually says a Thousand TWICE and a Thousand is used throughout the bible as just an enormous group or a Myriad. Or Ten Thousand is used in this manner.

As per the Two [hundred] Million or Two Thousand Thousand, do we recognize the fact that throughout the bible this is used in reference to God's people ? Think about it.

Song of Solomon 8:11 Solomon had a vineyard at Baal Hamon; he leased the vineyard to keepers; everyone was to bring for its fruit a Thousand silver coins. 12 My own vineyard is before me. You, O Solomon, may have a thousand, And those who tend its fruit two hundred.

{ This implies the 200 million horsemen are reflecting a group 
which have worked tending the spiritual vineyard of God. }

The books of Revelation, Daniel and Psalms provide a further indication of the meaning of this number.

Rev 5:11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and elders; and the number of them was TEN THOUSAND TIMES TEN THOUSAND, and THOUSANDS OF THOUSANDS,

Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued And came forth from before Him. A THOUSAND THOUSAND ministered to Him; TEN THOUSAND TIME TEN THOUSAND stood before Him. The court was seated, And the books were opened.

Psalm 68:17 The chariots of God are TWENTY THOUSAND, even THOUSANDS OF THOUSANDS; the Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place. ( Seeing a pattern yet? )

These verses describe two groups present before God;
1) thousands of thousands (144,000 is thousands of thousands)
2) ten thousands times ten thousands. (Great Multitude 10 x 10)

These two groups seems to mimic the two groups presented in chapter seven of the book of Revelation;
1) 144,000
2) Great Multitude

This implies the great multitude is composed either entirely (or mostly) of those represented by the 200 million horsemen. Still, it does not clearly identify the horsemen.

To establish the identity of the horsemen it is necessary to consider the promises made by God to Abraham.

22:17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; 

These promises were later passed down to their descendants.

Gen 24:60 And they blessed Rebekah and said to her: "Our sister, may you become The mother of THOUSANDS OF TEN THOUSANDS;  

Deuteronomy 33:17 ... They are the TEN THOUSANDS of Ephraim, And they are the THOUSANDS of Manasseh.

The son's of Joseph, Ephraim and Manasseh, were prophesied to become a company of nations and a nation respectively. These son's were to develop into the TEN THOUSAND of Ephraim and the THOUSANDS of Manasseh. So it was that, in type, developed the house of Judah and the multi-tribe house of Israel. These being in turn types of the spiritual nation of Judah and the spiritual nations of Israel.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I saw this I hit myself upside the head, LOL. This proves, we can be pre-conditioned and never see it. I added an interesting tid-bit I meant to add earlier, it ties in the Thousands and Ten Thousands to the 144,000 and the Great Multitude. 

We are in contact with a (Father God) that has no beginning..  So by this he has been creating forever..   When you see the 144,000 seem to turn into an unnumeral  great multitude that tells us something..  The new Earth coming not only has no oceans but it also must be probably hundreds of times larger than this earth so the new temple will sit (Flat) like a regular house on this Earth so the new Earth.s circumference will not put the middle of the new temple below the surface of the curvature..  Being at this part of the end John sees great multitudes that cannot be numbered must mean there are other Earths that are used as this one (Ours) as (Farms) for human fruit crops to be reaped that make the cut.  It is made clear that only the good fruit makes it.. The bad and the (Thorns- sown by an enemy overnight) are thrown away and burned..  All of the saved enter into this new much huger Earth. The 200 million destroying angels kill one third of humans on Earth thus you might say they are hoeing the earth to clear a better path for the reaper that thrust his sickle in to reap the acceptable fruit (humans) and be able to get them reaped without being damaged by the enemy thorns and stickers and weeds..  God like something on a star trek episode goes to each of his Earths as a humble Son born as a baby to adulthood in order to populate the cream of each crop and save a top of the crop to be kings and priest in the overall kingdom of God..