• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings....

I was reading a Thread here about God is Light   the OP speaks asks about the nature of light,light from the Solar Sun, but what is the nature of that light from a scientific standpoint?  He says light makes up both visible and invisible attributes.  Doesn't God have both visible and invisible attributes?  Anyway, I started to think about the opposite,darkness,the outer darkness..........out of the Presence of God....     What is the nature of darkness & "outer darkness" from a scientific standpoint? Gods Word says this is the place that the unprofitable servant will go,where?The fallen angels left their first estate,Heaven....the Presence of God,right? But God is everywhere,isn't He?

I have some thoughts I will share later but I'm wondering what y'all have to contribute,I know Saved.One & post will offer much-lol     Praise Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Where are you guys?lol    Doesn't anyone have any opinion,I thought they were plentiful (just kidding)                      Love,Peace-Praise Jesus!   Kwik

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

We need the scientists for this one.  Is God even in a black hole?  He won't be in hell.  But yes, I have meditated on this and upon the spiritual analogy as well.  It boggles me puny brain.

Blessings Beloved

:24:We do need them,where are they when you want to hear their "theories" & all that "Greek"-lol    Seriously,there are many Scripture verses than suggest the expansion of this universe is still going on,right(I don't want to go off Topic so I won't quote them) & then we get an idea that GOd is very very BIG,He measure the waters with His Hand,the dust of the earth in a hand basket,etc,,,etc,,,,plus His Word tells us He is EVERYWHERE(omnipresent)

Psalm 139:7-12

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, read more.

Jeremiah 23:23-24

"Am I a God who is near," declares the LORD, "And not a God far off? "Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth

Are these just the places He told us about because our finite minds cannot grasp other realms,obviously there are other realms that are invisible to us where He,His Spirit ,the Angels & Jesus in His Glorified Body are,another dimension that is invisible to us & yet it is right here with us......or are there also far far away places that we cannot see ,what some call deep outer space......apparently IF God so chooses He can be anywhere He wants to be or not,He does not want anything defiled by sin near Him.......Anyway,since the universe may be expanding & God is not bound by space or time can it be that these places are not yet here because we are bound by time & they are not yet made by God even though He has made them because He is outside of the confines of "time".....lol,Oh dear,see what I mean? Before I go on a "what if" journey I want to hear from the others.....so they can verify I flipped my lid                                                                        Love you Sis,Kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I heard it said one time that God is not in the universe but rather the universe is in Him.  That boggled my mind.  When I look up at the desert sky I can see stars from one end to the other.  To realize this is just a speck in what is really out there and then to know that it is all IN HIM.... well I cannot even begin to grasp it with my mind.

As to outer darkness the thought is to terrifying to even entertain.  Where I live in Southern California, the upper desert it can get very, very dark.  I"m about 7 miles from the town. Yes I can see lights from other homes but  I have also seen it when we have lost power up here at night and the darkness absolutely swallows you up.  So to try and imagine anything darker then that is downright scary.

I have in my mind at times tried to imagine that " outer darkness" the Bible speaks of and it makes me shake all over. Then to add all the other things, the torment, the fire that will be there, it just makes me understand even more how we have to try and reach a dying world before it's to late.  

Anyway that is my two cents, and it may not even be what you are looking for.  But there it is...

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

heres something along those lines-- I have always thought that the angels where created at the same time that God created light-- ( they are beings of energy like light) same stuff------ and the bottomless pit is a black hole--- light can not escape a black hole and technically the bottom of a black hole would be the center- so in reality its bottomless--- since light cant escape a black hole neither could a fallen angel~~~~~~ well maybe thats my 2 cents~~~~~

Wow,that's a pretty cool perception,I liked it

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

I don't want to derail this thread, but there is something that's not being considered here.  We can say God is light, personified.  But by saying that we have limited God to visible light.  What about the light we cannot perceive without instrumentation.  To take this a couple of steps further, I believe God is responsible for the eleven dimensions predicted by the Big Bang Theory.  That's what our knowledge of mathematics and physics implies.  Knowing God can exist in and out of this universe He created, the dimension of space-time cannot begin to define or limit God.  What if there were hundred, or thousands of dimensions we cannot even conceive of, outside of our universe.  Has our pride put limits on God that are really just limits on our abilities to reason?  Darkness is only dark because of our limited perception.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Kwikphilly,

I suppose from a scientific standpoint, darkness is the absence of light - i.e. unlike light, darkness is a condition rather than an entity itself.

I'm not sure how far to stretch the analogy between God and light. I’ve noticed ideas quickly become paradoxical when trying to narrow down finite conceptions of God's eternal existence (Trinity is a good example). There is, of course, no rule stating that our finite minds should be able to fully comprehend the eternal nature of God.

So we are taught that God is omnipresent/everywhere. Does that mean that God is in hell (which could technically be defined as absence from God - see 2 Thessalonians 1:2)? Does that mean God/light is in darkness – then how is there darkness when light overcomes darkness?

God is the Creator of the physical universe – including all of space and time. Since we are currently confined to that universe, it is likely impossible for us to conceive of an existence beyond time and space (especially a reality devoid of time). As God is eternal/infinite, the physical universe must exist within the ‘boundaries’ of His own existence. As becomes quickly evident, our finite language is ill-equipped to deal with such concepts (i.e. an eternal/infinite God has no “boundaries”, and without time, it is logically inconsistent to speak of an existence ‘before’ time).

I wonder if omnipresence only applies to the natural, physical created universe. The concept of ‘everywhere’ can only be applied within a context where “where” makes sense. Outside of the natural universe, there is no “where” for God to fill. There is the reality of God’s eternal, unending existence, but no physical space (i.e. “where”) for Him to be present in.

Sorry, I appear to have raised more questions than answered.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Indeed God is everywhere, even hell, Psa 139:8. If you read about the encounters of God with mankind, you'll see that in moments of intense importance, God appears in a darkened cloud. Genesis 15:12; Exodus 20:21. So I asked the Lord, "You are Light, what's with all the darkness surrounding You?" I received the answer: the darkness is our sin, our DNA saturated with Adam's sin. While our Spirit and our Souls are free, our DNA, our bodies are not. So, when these are cast out into "outer darkness", they are surrounded by God's "mirror" (1 Cor 13:12) (His Holiness) reflected back on them to the degree of their sin. The brighter God is, the darker they are. So it's not God "in" darkness, but man "in" God's full presence having their sin reflected back on them as God sees sin. That's what He did to the Egyptians too, a darkness that could be felt!

Exodus 10:21 (KJV)

And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness [which] may be felt.  

That's how I see it and understand it. I hope this helps.

Hi Abdicate,

I appreciated your comments there, bro. very interesting. Also the `darkness which may be felt.` I would say that that is what will also happen in the great trib.

`Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, & his kingdom became full of darkness; & they gnawed their tongues because of the pain. And they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains & their sores & did not repent of their deeds.` (Rev. 16: 10 & 11)

Marilyn.