IGNORED

1. GOD`S PROPHETIC CALENDAR. A. The Day of Christ.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I believe the Bible quite clearly presents an obvious & unmistakable sequence. I see that it unfolds naturally & logically as an outworking of the Divine purpose for the three classes of people recognized by God.

A. THE DAY OF CHRIST. (for the Body of Christ)

There is a time for events that relate to the Body of Christ culminating in the glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus.

B. THE DAY OF THE LORD. (for the Nations & Israel)

There is a time for world events, affecting the nations, leading up to the supreme dictator who will gather all people to the great battle of Armageddon.

C. THE DAY OF GOD. (for the Eternal Purposes)

Finally with the ultimate restitution of all things time will be absorbed into the eternal purposes.

I see that it is vital to distinguish to which time-zone prophecies are scheduled. Also, I believe God`s word shows a significant grouping of all related prophetical predictions under specific `Days.` These prophecies are put in their respective categories & the resultant calendar reveals events shortly to affect the entire world.

As this is a big subject I will post it in stages on different threads, for a more profitable discussion.

A. THE DAY OF CHRIST.

This relates, I believe, solely to the Body of Christ, & its removal from the earth. Paul is the only one who mentions this day and he is distinctly the Apostle to the Body of Christ.

`….so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.` (1 Cor. 1:7 & 8)

`…being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 1: 6)

1. Gathering together unto Him.

a)The Lord Himself shall descend. (1 Thess. 4: 16)

b) The Body of Christ `caught up` to Him. (1 Thess. 4: 16 – 17,  Eph. 5: 27)

c) Changed into His likeness. (Phil. 3: 20 - 21,  1 Cor. 15: 51 - 57,   1 John 3: 2)

2. The Judgment Seat of Christ.

a) Every Christian examined. (1 Cor. 4: 5,  2 Cor. 5: 10,  Rom. 14: 10 – 12)

b) Rewards or Loss. (1 Cor. 3:11 – 15,  2 Jn. 8)

c) Crowns allocated. (1 Cor. 9: 25,   2 Tim. 4: 8,  James 1: 12, 1 Peter 5: 4  Rev. 2: 10)

3. Restitution of All Things.

Commencement.  (Acts 3: 21)

This is the first part of what I see as God`s prophetic calendar, so now what are your thoughts on this section.

regards, Marilyn.                               

Edited by Marilyn C

The Day of Christ. What a wonderful hope we have as the Body of Christ, that one day the Lord Himself will come to connect `physically` with His `Body of believers.`  The Lord, as we know is building & maturing His Body & then when He has brought us to the Unity of Faith in what we believe of Him & His purposes, then we will be `caught up` to meet Him in the air.

`…till we are all come to the unity of the faith & the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect (mature) man, to the measure of the fullness of Christ.` (Eph. 4: 13)

`…when He, the Spirit of truth has come, He will guide you into all truth…` (John 16: 13)

How wonderful to know that He who has begun a good work within us will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

`…being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 1: 6)

This is how I see the first section of the Day of Christ.

a) Gathering together unto Him. The Lord Himself shall descend.

` For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, & with the trumpet of God. `(1 Thess. 4: 16)

God does not send an angel but His very Son to bring the Body of Christ to their eternal setting in glory. The Lord has been at the right hand of the Father interceding for the believers, but in God`s appointed time he will leave there & come for His Body. Then the Head (Christ) & His Body, (believers) will be forever united.

b) The Body of Christ `caught up` to Him.

` Then we who are alive & remain shall be caught up together with them (dead in Christ) in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.` (1 Thess. 4: 17)

` …that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that it should be holy & without blemish.` (Eph. 5: 27)

The Lord Himself by His Holy Spirit will have brought the believers to maturity, as one Body, united together, in their belief of the Lord & His purposes. What a glorious hope & confident expectancy.

Marilyn.                                

Edited by Marilyn C

c) Changed into His likeness. (Phil. 3: 20 & 21,  1 Cor. 15; 51 – 57.  1. John 3: 2)

`Behold, I tell you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed – in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, & the dead will be raised incorruptible. & we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, & this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, & this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” …thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.` (1 Cor. 15: 51 – 57)

What an absolutely amazing hope – new bodies. It fills me with wonder as I think upon being changed from this mortal body to a supernatural body.

`It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, & there is a spiritual body.` (1 Cor. 15: 44)

Spiritual – Gk. `pneumatikos`  meaning divinely supernatural.

Our bodies will not be like Adam`s body in that it came from the dust of the earth. Our bodies will be of a heavenly, divine substance.

`The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; & is the heavenly man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly man.` (1 Cor. 15: 47 & 48)

Our new bodies, immortal, incorruptible, divinely supernatural will have flesh & bones but will not have blood. Since the life is in the blood, it follows that a new life principle must animate that body.  And since it is an immortal, incorruptible body it will be of divine substance.

`Behold my hands & my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me & see, for a spirit (ethereal) does not have flesh & bones as you see I have.` (Luke 24: 39)

And wonder of wonders, we will be like our precious Lord.

`For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.` (Phil. 3: 20 & 21)

`Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.` (1 John 3: 2)

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Here is Eph 4:13 in a fuller context and I just don't see it as a condition of Christ's return/rapture.

No, it is not a condition for the Rapture. I believe the condition would be that the Church be completed, and "the fulness of the Gentiles be come in" (Rom 11:25).

Hi Yowm,

Thank you for entering the conversation. You have focused on an important point, I believe, which as we discuss will bring out more truth, I pray, by the Holy Spirit.

I see in God`s word a distinction between the individual believer growing to maturity in Christ, & the Body of Christ corporately coming to the maturity of faith – understanding Christ character  his purposes.

Now you said `many (believers) have gone to be with the Lord who hopefully have `come to the unity of the faith.` This I believe would be according to the revelation they received. Many believers of the past only understood being saved through Jesus` sacrifice. Others came to the understanding of baptism, full immersion in water, dying with Christ, while across the Body in the last century many believers of all denominations received the revelation of the infilling of the Holy Spirit & understanding of His giftings.  

The Lord Himself revealed that it was the Holy Spirit who would lead the individual & the Body corporate into all truth. Yes we are in the `tossed to & fro` stage of the final clarification of truth, (eschatology) however, as the Holy Spirit has led us (individually & corporately) into many truths we can trust that He will complete the work & bring the Body of Christ to full maturity of the Faith, - `until we all attain to the unity of the Faith…`  (Eph. 4: 13 & 14)

The Body of Christ, as we know is a living organism, growing by the Holy Spirit as `each part does its share…` & being careful `holding fast to the Head from whom all the Body, nourished & knit together by joints & ligaments, grows with the increase which is from God.` (Col. 2: 19)

So I see that whatever revelation of Christ & His purposes believers have stood for, then that is part of the process of the corporate Body coming to the fullness of the revelation of Christ & his purposes. One day, by the Holy Spirit the Body of Christ will not be `tossed to & fro,` but will have come to maturity of the Faith, the full understanding of what the Holy Spirit reveals – Christ the Head & His purpose for it.

Thus I see there is an individual maturing of character & understanding of Christ, however there is a Body maturing, a Body of believers who together across the world understand the fullness of revelation of Christ & His purposes. When Christ`s love is burning within one to another, then the Head will come & receive His Body unto Himself.

What force can go against gravity. None but Christ`s love within the individual & the Body corporate. It is Christ`s love that will `draw,` from the earth the `functional organ` from the realm of time into its eternal setting.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

John the apostle says that we do not know what He will be like but when He appears we shall be like Him. Also Paul says that we shall all be changed in the twinking of an eye, this corruptible must put on incorruptibility, this mortal shall put on immortality....flesh and blood does not inherit the Kingdom of God so these new bodies are spiritual bodies...we put them on.

It all leads me to think that we shall be made perfect in an instant at the coming of the Lord.

9 hours ago, TehMill said:

John the apostle says that we do not know what He will be like but when He appears we shall be like Him. Also Paul says that we shall all be changed in the twinking of an eye, this corruptible must put on incorruptibility, this mortal shall put on immortality....flesh and blood does not inherit the Kingdom of God so these new bodies are spiritual bodies...we put them on.

It all leads me to think that we shall be made perfect in an instant at the coming of the Lord.

Hi TehMill,

Pleased to meet you & thank you for joining in the discussion.  Now I certainly agree with you, what a glorious hope we have, in Christ.

Marilyn.

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Marilyn. I appreciate the graciousness with which you come across both to those you are addressing and to those who read your posts. I saw a good example in one of your Soapbox dialogues you had. I wish I were half as gracious in my delivery as you but I'll try :)

Yes, I do see the corporate angle in that Christ is preparing His Body the Church who will be presented not having spot or wrinkle. That work of sanctification continues until we are found in His Presence. Even during the rapture at the twinkling of an eye, whatever is still lacking in the Body will be made ready.

If I read you correctly, and I might not  have, it seems you were saying Christ would not come back until His Church had fully prepared herself. That sounds to me a bit post millennial. I may be wrong.

Blessings in Christ.

Hi Yowm,

How kind of you to be so encouraging. I certainly think you are a gentleman in your responses. It is the Lord, isn`t it who is changing us & so great that others see His work. I`m sorry if you got that impression - that the Church has to prepare itself, for I believe (& actually said a few times in my post) that it is by the Holy Spirit that the Body corporately is brought to maturity regarding knowing Christ & His purposes, (the unity of the Faith.)

I personally have seen many moves of the Holy Spirit in my life time. I was brought up in an Apostolic fellowship, which came from the Welsh revival. We believed in the infilling of the Holy Spirit & the (5) ascension ministries of Christ. However at that time (mid last century) not many others believed this. Then came the `60`s & `70`s when people across the Body in all denominations received the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Ministers of main line churches came to my father to use his baptismal font for their people. It was a wonderful time when barriers were broken down all across the Body. Other moves came & then in the `90`s & on people started to receive the revelation that Christ had given of Himself in Prophets & Apostles. (Of course there are false ones) This was amazing to me as we used to get laughed at for believing & operating in such ministries. So again the Holy Spirit has broken through all man made structures & those willing to receive came into further revelation of Christ.

Thus I am confident that the Holy Spirit will complete the work of bringing the Body to full maturity of revelation in Christ. The last clarification of truth that I see needs to come is the understanding of the eternal purposes of God.

regards, Marilyn. 

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 2:48 AM, Ezra said:

No, it is not a condition for the Rapture. I believe the condition would be that the Church be completed, and "the fulness of the Gentiles be come in" (Rom 11:25).

Hi Ezra,

So...let`s look at what God`s word means by complete, -

complete - Gk. `teleios,` meaning complete, growth, mental & moral character, completeness, of full age, perfect.

`...till we all come to the unity of the faith, & the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect (teleious) man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:...` (Eph. 4: 13)

I think that is quite clear. The Holy Spirit will bring the Body of Christ to a full understanding of Christ & His purposes.

Marilyn.