• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have been following shiloh and his teachings for quite some time and I don't see this post.

why don't you stop thinking about shiloh, think about Jesus Christ instead, and try thinking about what i asked, and see if you understand what the answers to those questions are? 

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, post said:

why don't you think about what i asked, and see if you can't come up with a consistent answer? 

possibly one that lifts up the Son of God?  

I have no incentive to answer your questions because all you are doing is picking a fight and I really have no desire to engage in that.

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You need to stop attacking me and adjust your response so that it addresses the general readership.   Your questions really take a backseat to that.

why don't you stop thinking about yourself, and try to see if you can come up with an answer to those questions? 

good grief dude, i'm not talking about you at all. but you think it is always about you. 

all i did was ask some questions. 

this is why you never understand what i say. 

Edited by post

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, post said:

why don't you stop thinking about yourself, and try to see if you can come up with an answer to those questions? 

good grief dude, i'm not talking about you at all. but you think it is always about you. 

all i did was ask some questions. 

this is why you never understand what i say. 

I understand what you say.   I understand your questions.   I simply did not understand what your questions had to do with what I was saying earlier.   My issue here is not with understanding you.   My issue here is that you seem unwilling to adjust your original questions so that they reflect the general readership.   Stop assigning false values to me, while you're at it.   I don't think it is all about me. 

I have already reported your personal attacks on me here and if you keep being unnecessarily combative, I will report that as well.   Maybe other people in your life put up with your breathless rants, but I am not one of those people, Post.  I am not one of those people.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, post said:

why don't you think about what i asked, and see if you can't come up with a consistent answer? 

Seriously, this is not needed.  I don't want to remove you from this thread, but if you can't stick to the issues at hand - then you leave me no choice. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

OK, not being mean or dismissive at all but I have a few questions for the flat earth folks. First, if the earth is a flat disc what is on the other side? Second, wouldn't the sunrise be immediate? I mean wouldn't it just pop up all at once? Third, why is it dark in some parts of the world when it's daylight in others? Shouldn't it all be in light or dark at the same time? And last, have you ever seen a ship sail away? Again, no disrespect intended. Thank you in advance for the answers.

2 hours ago, George said:

Seriously, this is not needed.  I don't want to remove you from this thread, but if you can't stick to the issues at hand - then you leave me no choice. :)

lifting up the Son of God is not needed?!? 

what??

:o

what does a person abandon when they turn virtually every thread they participate in into a 'flat earth' argument? 
what does a person abandon when they turn virtually every thread they participate in into an 'evolution' argument? 
what does a person abandon when they turn virtually every thread they participate in into a 'KJV Bible' argument?
what does a person abandon when they turn virtually every thread they participate in into a 'liberals' argument?
what does a person abandon when they think virtually every post another person makes is a personal attack on them? 

what is the basic fallacy and dead-giveaway of 'Hebrew Roots' fanatics? 
isn't it that preaching Torah at all times, they neglect and ignore the gospel of Christ? 

isn't the issue with so much of this that people call themselves 'christian' and then talk so little of Christ? 
that they do not lift up the Son of God? 

we must lift up the Son of God. 
that is what we were chosen for, if we are in Him. 
for His glory -- and to glorify Him. 

who will hear the gospel of His life and death and resurrection, of who He is and what He has done, if we never talk about Him? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, post said:

what does a person abandon when they turn virtually every thread they participate in into a 'flat earth' argument? 
what does a person abandon when they turn virtually every thread they participate in into an 'evolution' argument? 
what does a person abandon when they turn virtually every thread they participate in into a 'KJV Bible' argument?
what does a person abandon when they turn virtually every thread they participate in into a 'liberals' argument?
what does a person abandon when they think virtually every post another person makes is a personal attack on them? 

what is the basic fallacy and dead-giveaway of 'Hebrew Roots' fanatics? 
isn't it that preaching Torah at all times, they neglect and ignore the gospel of Christ? 

isn't the issue with so much of this that people call themselves 'christian' and then talk so little of Christ? 
that they do not lift up the Son of God? 

we must lift up the Son of God. 
that is what we were chosen for, if we are in Him. 
for His glory -- and to glorify Him. 

who will hear the gospel of His life and death and resurrection, of who He is and what He has done, if we never talk about Him? 

Well, it's a forum so it's kind of a place where people can pose differing views....just sayin.

3 hours ago, George said:
4 hours ago, post said:

what, George, has shiloh bewitched you? 
did he tell you this is all about him? 
it's not. it never has been. he doesn't understand what i am saying at all.
it's about the issue at hand, which doesn't happen to be shiloh.
((though the way he reacted, he's made my point apply to him just as well)) 

lifting up the Son of God is exactly what is needed. 
it is exactly what is missing when a person makes his thousandth thread about flat earth. 
or his thousandth thread about evolution. 
or his thousandth thread about republicans and democrats. 
or his thousandth thread about . . whatever. 

((or his thousandth complaint about some totally mis-perceived slight)) 

it is exactly the issue at hand. 

this should be 'doctrinal questions' section, right? 
right doctrine lifts up Christ. 
not some crackpot theory of the shape of the earth that the Church has never endorsed. 
'flat earth' is not a doctrinal question, and it does not lift up the Son of God. 

would you think a thread about flying saucers or dinosaurs at the center of the earth belongs in 'doctrinal issues' ? 
but this thread is pretty obviously not about Christ at all, not about doctrine at all, not about Matthew 4:8 at all. it's just another angle Oakwood thought of to try to argue the earth is flat again. 

how is it that we define 'idols' these days? 
"things that take the place of God in our lives" or something, right?