• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

14 minutes ago, Flsnookman said:

Well, it's a forum so it's kind of a place where people can pose differing views....just sayin.

well this is my view. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city.
(Ezekiel 40:2) 

And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.
(Revelation 21:10) 

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
(Matthew 4:8) 

----------------------------------------------------------------

You who bring good news to Zion, go up on a high mountain.
You who bring good news to Jerusalem, lift up your voice with a shout, lift it up, do not be afraid;
say to the towns of Judah, "Here is your God!"

(Isaiah 40:9) 

go up on a high mountain! 
shout to the whole earth, 
"
Jesus is Lord! the Son of God made flesh!
who died for the sins of man, and rose the third day!

these are not about the shape of the earth at all
and the proclamation is not to go up on this mountain, 
and shout "the earth is flat!"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, post said:

why don't you stop thinking about shiloh, think about Jesus Christ instead, and try thinking about what i asked, and see if you understand what the answers to those questions are? 

I made a true statement. Please think about my answer.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 8/7/2016 at 6:20 PM, OakWood said:

A panoramic vision?

HOW EXACTLY DOES THAT WORK IF WE LIVE ON A GLOBE?

:emot-heartbeat:

Exactly

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

20 hours ago, post said:

what....
has.... bewitched you....
did he tell you this is all about him....

:sherlock:

Beloved

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Hebrews 1:3 (English Standard Version)

Sure Enough

One called to another, and said, "Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts. The whole earth is full of his glory." Isaiah 6:3 (New Heart English Bible)

It IS All About HIM

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Revelation 5:11-13 (King James Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother  Joe

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 8/14/2016 at 6:50 AM, post said:

lifting up the Son of God is not needed?!? 

what??

:o

Nope the sarcasm is not needed. :)  I wasn't seeing how the Lord was being debased in any way.  And even this was a sarcastic remark. :)

Guest shiloh357
On 8/14/2016 at 6:25 AM, post said:

what, George, has shiloh bewitched you? 
did he tell you this is all about him? 
it's not. it never has been. he doesn't understand what i am saying at all.
it's about the issue at hand, which doesn't happen to be shiloh.
((though the way he reacted, he's made my point apply to him just as well)) 

lifting up the Son of God is exactly what is needed. 
it is exactly what is missing when a person makes his thousandth thread about flat earth. 
or his thousandth thread about evolution. 
or his thousandth thread about republicans and democrats. 
or his thousandth thread about . . whatever. 

((or his thousandth complaint about some totally mis-perceived slight)) 

it is exactly the issue at hand. 

this should be 'doctrinal questions' section, right? 
right doctrine lifts up Christ. 
not some crackpot theory of the shape of the earth that the Church has never endorsed. 
'flat earth' is not a doctrinal question, and it does not lift up the Son of God. 

would you think a thread about flying saucers or dinosaurs at the center of the earth belongs in 'doctrinal issues' ? 
but this thread is pretty obviously not about Christ at all, not about doctrine at all, not about Matthew 4:8 at all. it's just another angle Oakwood thought of to try to argue the earth is flat again. 

how is it that we define 'idols' these days? 
"things that take the place of God in our lives" or something, right?

And there is nothing in that breathless rant that lifts up or glorifies God.   This is a message board and we talk about of lot of things, and we really don't need your approval of what we talk about.   Jesus is lifted up all over these boards, anyone who has been here long enough knows that. 

The questions you asked were not really questions, but accusations being leveled in the form of questions.  That's probably why no one has any incentive to take them seriously enough to answer.   All  they would get is a  lot of blow back from you and this perception you have of the rest of us that we are operating on a lower spiritual plain than you are and that you are the only one who wants to lift up Jesus.  As long as you have that perception of us, then why should anyone really take your posts seriously?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Dear brothers and sisters,

Grace and peace of our lord Jesus Christ.

In the first place, I would like to suggest that we, in honour, prefer one another (Rom 12.10). After all, the one who knows everything is Jesus and the reason this forum exists is:

·         “But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [ even ] Christ: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.” (Eph 4.15,16).

That we can learn to earnestly defend the faith that God has entrusted to us with love, respect e wisdom (see Colossians 4.6; 2Timothy 2.15; Titus 1.9; 1Peter 3.15).

In the second place, again I suggest that we concentrate ourselves in the theme board. If each one seeking to complete response from one another, the profit will be much more. Also, I believe that we ought to focus on what is really important:

·         “But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.” (Titus 3.9).

I am not saying that is wrong talk about earth’s shape. But it have things more important to learn through this passage. After all, the fact of the earth to be round, square, triangular, flat, etc. isn't going to determine where we will go to pass the eternity.

Anyway, as you make a point, behold two vesicles that prove that the earth is round and it is floating in the outer space, this is wrote in:

·         “[ It is ] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [ are ] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:” (Isaiah 40.22).

·         “He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [ and ] hangeth the earth upon nothing.” (Job 26.7).

On the question of high mountain, even if the earth was flat, only would it be possible to see one of the faces of the earth. It is good remember that the notion of “upward” and “downward” is relative. For who live in the southern hemisphere, the sky that they see is downward (of point of view of who live in the northern hemisphere). Even if the earth was flat, what would be the top (each one claim that is the other one that is seeing downward)?

Besides, even all the reigns of earth was in only one face of the earth, would be impossible to see all the reigns AND THE GLORY OF THEM from the top of the mountain. Remember that Jesus was 100% man when was here (although He also was 100% God). That is, to naked eye, nobody would see the glory of all kingdoms.

Thus, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain in vision, and not physically. (note the expression “In a moment of time” in Luke 4.5).

What Ha-Satan wanted was to make a booby trap with Jesus. If Jesus would worship Ha-Satan, even if all kingdoms was delivered to Jesus, all that follow Jesus would be bound to worship Ha-Satan too. At the end, all things would belong to Ha-Satan.

In the same way, always when we give in to the temptation, even if the object of the temptation was in our hands, at the end it belongs to Ha-Satan and he, certainly, would use it against us as he wished.

Eventually, Ha-Satan took Jesus up, in vision, into an exceeding high mountain because he know the desire of all human beings of growing above the stars of God (Isaiah 14.13). If he promised to give Jesus all kingdoms of earth without take him up into an high mountain, the temptation wouldn’t be complete. Jesus would have access e acceptance in all world, but of equal to equal.

Although this be a pleasant thing, the aspiration of all human beings is total control over everything and everyone. After all, nobody wish to be one more in life of somebody, but to have each person available whenever they want. The human beings want to make sure that will not go to lose the privilege that have. Thus, they want to be lonely in the top, without having to share the power with anyone (where he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil! – Habakkuk 2.9), without risking.

In other words, what Ha-Satan promise to Jesus is the same that, unfortunately, each couple require of your spouse: absolute exclusivity. Not only access to everything e everyone (flat vision), but total control over them, supremacy (high mountain vision).

But, finally, what did Ha-Satan show to Jesus?

·         All the kingdoms of the world. It’s literal. They are not only the kingdoms near to Jerusalem, but ALL the kingdoms, without exception.

·         The glory of them, that is, all that such kingdoms became after his work (2Ts 2.9).

The exceeding high mountain mean try to make of Jesus the god of this world (exactly what Ha-Satan is – 2Cor 4.3,4). Although Jesus is God, however He isn’t the god of system that lead this world (see John 18.36; Luke 17.20,21).

The mission of Jesus wasn’t governing physically (trying to increase the world), but establish the peace through of His body, that is, linking one another into His Word. In other words, what Jesus desire isn’t people cooperating with each other in their interests, but yes all perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment (1Cor 1.10), seek together what is best for all, namely, Jesus and His will.

If Jesus had given in to the temptation, he would be a mere political. Even Jesus being perfect, in this way He would not save the world, because the problem of humanity aren’t the adversities, but the sin that prevents us from doing good (Rom 7.13-21) and, of course, of reaping this (Gal 6.7-9).

Understand: the problem isn’t only Ha-Satan’s system itself, but the inside of every human being. The sin hinders everybody of having pleasure in all that is good for the neighbour (unless this is good for them). The sin make, even the best of all laws (the Sacred Scripture), some extremely impossible of fulfillment (a torture – see Hosea 8.12).

Summarizing: Ha-Satan wished that Christ made exactly what the antichrist is going to do. His desire was to bring the antichrist’s kingdom in that generation by Jesus Christ Himself.

Other point to be observed is what Ha-Satan wanted of Jesus:

·         Fall down – emptying himself (give up of his identity) for devote himself totally to him and his system.

·         Worship – Ardently love, like that cultivating, inside yourself, all that Ha-Satan was, is and always will be. In other words, to be full of his knowledge.

In the end, the Ha-Satan’s desire was that Jesus carry inside himself the image of all that he and his world was.

Moreover, Jesus bless you.

Leonardo Von Dolinger de Brito.