IGNORED

What is the meaning of Matthew 4:8 ?

OakWood

Guest Robert
3 hours ago, OakWood said:

Because it's the truth.

To believe in the globe is to deny what scripture says.

That reminds me of an interesting story I heard the other day. Did you know that when the Apollo 11 astronauts set off on their mission, they had no sooner reached the upper levels of the Earth's atmosphere when the rocket came to a halt as it smashed into some sort of ceiling?  Nevertheless they managed to drill their way through this ceiling only to find themselves passing through a vast ocean of water. Yes, that's right - the spaceship was swimming through a vast ocean of water just like a submarine.

Actually no, none of that was true. I just made it up.

What really happened was they left the Earth's atmosphere and travelled through the vast empty vacuum of Outer Space.

Because we all know that nothing in the Book of Genesis is actually true - it's just a metaphor - right?

1) You have never proved that.

2) This is about Matthew 4:8, not your pet theories that you cannot prove.

3) Believing in a globe does not disprove scripture; it only disproves your pet theory that you fell in love with.

4) You are so desperate to prove it that you'll turn any topic into a platform for it, even ones you started on a different topic.

5) If you're going to come up with a story mocking your own "belief" (when you previously took offense at a pic I did depicting what you just described, and claiming I insulted scripture), then what you committed is hypocrisy writ large. But then, wisdom is known by her children, isn't she?

The Book of Genesis is true and does not preclude a round earth. No amount of posting by you is ever going to change the fact that the earth is a globe, and all your theory does is to make unbelievers laugh at us Christians when even scripture doesn't claim the Earth to be flat.

As for the OP, Shiloh357 said it best:

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

He was enticing Jesus with a possible means of achieving his goal without going to the cross.  Jesus came for the nations, to redeem them.   Satan made Jesus an empty promise that he would give the nations to Jesus in exchange for worship.   He offered Jesus an easy way, painless way out, or at least it seemed that way.   Actually it would have doomed man for eternity had Jesus gave into the temptation.

You'd do well to consider what was said here, rather than wasting your time with theories that discredit Christianity. The preaching of the cross is to those that perish foolishness, but to us who are saved, it is the power of God. That doesn't mean that foolish theories without support are protected by scripture.

Don't bother replying to me: I won't be reading it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The Bible does not teach a globe. My theories are proven and I have proven them time and time again but you won't listen. You're obviously scared of the truth.

Genesis tells us that there is a firmament above us and water above that. This does not describe Outer Space which is said to be a vacuum..

You can lie as much as you like but the Bible disagrees with you.

14 hours ago, OakWood said:

To show him all that God has created - what even Australia and New Zealand.? That's not possible on a globe!

You are talking about the supernatural here. It could have been possible for Satan to created a vision of the planet for Christ to see. Or, maybe he was just showing Christ the known world, which was the Middle East at the time. The "Nations" were everyone other than Israel.

4 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

You are talking about the supernatural here. It could have been possible for Satan to created a vision of the planet for Christ to see. Or, maybe he was just showing Christ the known world, which was the Middle East at the time. The "Nations" were everyone other than Israel.

So why take him to the top of a mountain? Why not just show him the supernatural on low ground?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak

Getting back to your OP about Matthew 4:8....

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;                              King James Version Matt4:8

This verse of Scripture does not say that Jesus was taken up an exceedingly high mountain to be shown the world or the entire world,so whether it is flat or a globe has absolutely no relevance here  -satan took Jesus up the mountain to show him "the kingdoms" of the world,at that time there were no "kingdoms in Australia or New Zealand or anyplace except the kingdoms that are spoken about in Gods Word.....every place that was a "kingdom" in that time could have been seen from a very high place because  they were in the center of them all,Jerusalem,etc,,,, Roman Empire,Assyria,Babylon,Persia etc....   & I'm just mentioning "kingdoms" off the top of my head.....you don't have to be a geographical scholar to figure this out.....KINGDOMS of THEIR world AT THAT TIME......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Oak

Getting back to your OP about Matthew 4:8....

This verse of Scripture does not say that Jesus was taken up an exceedingly high mountain to be shown the world or the entire world,so whether it is flat or a globe has absolutely no relevance here  -satan took Jesus up the mountain to show him "the kingdoms" of the world,at that time there were no "kingdoms in Australia or New Zealand or anyplace except the kingdoms that are spoken about in Gods Word.....every place that was a "kingdom" in that time could have been seen from a very high place because  they were in the center of them all,Jerusalem,etc,,,, Roman Empire,Assyria,Babylon,Persia etc....   & I'm just mentioning "kingdoms" off the top of my head.....you don't have to be a geographical scholar to figure this out.....KINGDOMS of THEIR world AT THAT TIME......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

There were kingdoms in South America at the time,the kingdoms of the Aztecs and the Incas. There was a kingdom in Rome and a kingdom in China. They would be impossible to see if the Earth was curved. Now if Satan ruled the entire World had he suddenly forgotten that these kingdoms existed?

The only sense in describing Jesus being taken to the top of a mountain is so that he could get a panoramic view of the World. This is obvious in context, but people wish to deny it as soon as I bring the Flat Earth into it. I should have kept my mouth shut and never mentioned the Flat Earth. I already had one poster admitting that Jesus was taken to a high mountain to get a panoramic vision, but as soon as I mention the word 'globe', he denies what he said and claimed that he actually said something else. He even lies to himself, such is the power of a stubborn mind.

It's amazing how cognitive dissonance kicks in when people are faced with a truth that they can't swallow. What is really disturbing is that this truth is to be found in the Bible which clearly describes an Earth set on pillars with a firmament above it and water above that. There is no mention of the vacuum of Outer Space  because above us there is water. Think about what that means. There is water above us!

Why do people who claim to be Christians deny what scripture says? Why do they claim that Adam Eve really existed and that there really was a flood around 4,000 years ago, yet they deny the truth of the firmament? Does Genesis only tell us the truth when it fits in with our worldview, and lie to us when it doesn't? People can't cherry-pick what they wish to believe.

The number of people who tell me not to bother to reply to them when they make a comment reveals the truth about their nature. You don't have to be a psychologist to know when people are running away from a truth that they can't handle. If my arguments are false then they would be easy to destroy and people would stay around to discuss them with me, but because I speak the truth and God's word cannot be defeated these same people would rather run away from me and scuttle back into the darkness. In fact it's so predictable now that I know as soon as somebody says that he is abandoning the discussion that he is too cowardly to stand up to the truth of scripture.

The globe is a lie, it was devised by heretics who wish to push their propaganda onto us. The Heliocentric model was created to invent the false notion of Outer Space, the falsity of the Big Bang (which denies the existence of a creator)and the fib of Evolution. God does not lie to us, but some people here are claiming that he does. They would rather worship the lies of Man than worship the true God. It's been proven time and again that NASA and all the other space agencies are lying to us, yet some people love the lie so much that they refuse to abandon it.

I have offered empirical proof of the Flat Earth on numerous threads, yet some people still wish to deny it. They blaspheme the word of God and claim that the Bible describes a globe Earth when it does no such thing. Where is the water above us? Where is the firmament? Where are the pillars of the Earth? The Earth is stationary and it does not move, yet people are so addicted to the lie that they are willing to claim that we are on a spinning ball that orbits the Sun. This is in complete violation of scripture.

I can be mocked, I've learned to live with it, but God will not be mocked!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

wow--- never heard that before~~~~~~~

Veni, vedi, veici

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak

Okay,so if you want to talk about the flat earth theory then talk about that & I am not running away into darkness about anything nor do I 'claim" to be a Christian,,,,I am a Christian,a Jesus Loving,preaching,proclaiming,Spirit Filled,Born Again Christian that does not believe the earth is flat,,,,,as a matter of fact ,I'm not too sure about what I believe about this temporal,corrupted,dying & decaying planet I live on and I don't really care that much  It is really very unfair,judgemental & not very nice of you to be questioning anyone's FAITH because they do not believe what you believe about the earth,you see it as what is described in Genesis & as literal.....personally,I believe the Word is literal and what is Written in Genesis seems perfectly fine for me if the earth is a globe.....or if it's flat & it does not matter to me,so according to you I live in darkness,really? I think you need to re-think the way you are speaking to your Brothers & Sisters,I am surprised by your responses,this is not what I expect from you dear Brother!

The same for what you are saying about China & South America,that is YOUR perception & interpretation,not mine   I don't believe those were significant "kingdoms" in Jesus day on earth back then.....I think the kingdoms of the world that was relevant to that verse of Scripture were the ones centered around that location....that is MY interpretation,is it a problem that I don't think as you do?   Now you know I love you & there are plenty of times we see things differently & it has never been a problem so this should not be any different                                                  Let us give God Glory & love one another always                                       Love Kwik

1 hour ago, OakWood said:

So why take him to the top of a mountain? Why not just show him the supernatural on low ground?

See Kwik's response.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

If you consider that "mountains" in scripture frequently refers to kingdoms, and in my opinion, the unseen aspect of kingdoms, its not a stretch to consider that Jesus was taken to Satan's own  seat of power, since his would be the highest of all.