• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, ghtan said:

Dan 2:44 says the rock is a kingdom.

True...it also says "In the days of these kings.....". When Christ comes are those kings still alive? I believe 'kings' and 'kingdoms' are used interchangeably for one cannot be without the other. When Christ comes, all the kingdoms of the earth will be destroyed...all the remaining vestige of those empires, the traces of which can still be seen and heard even from modern pulpits, will come to their end. I shall repeat the words of Jesus Himself...."My kingdom is not of this world". This planet shall never see the establishment of God's kingdom in its fullness while it is in its corrupt state. We must wait for the new heavens and the new earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/27/2016 at 9:48 PM, brakelite said:

I appreciate your perspective, and indeed it presents problems if it be accepted in the manner you have presented it. May I offer an alternative? Let us assume on your own suggestion that Rome coming from the winds, is unacceptable, and that whatever entity the little horn may be, it must arise from one of the original four. You appear to be a much more scholarly person than myself, so I am sure you are aware that nations and empires as such are in prophecy for only one reason...they all in some way directly impacted God's people....whether Israel in the OT, or the church in the new. So with that in mind, may I suggest that Rome, rather than arbitrarily being introduced out of thin air as you suggested,   may justifiably introduced into the mix here, because of the famous "Jewish League" compact between Rome and Israel in 161BC. It was 7 years prior to this that Rome conquered Macedonia, the last remaining vestige of Antigonus' kingdom. So from Daniel's perspective, the horn he saw impacting His people and His nation may have very well looked to have grown from one of the four horns, that of Antigonus.

If however we were relying solely upon that one aspect of prophecy in identifying the little horn, then I would agree that the evidence thereof would be rather thin. But that is not the case. There are at least 10 significant other identifying features, all of which point unmistakably to first, pagan Rome, and second, the church of Rome, thus the one horn in two distinct phases, as being the only viable candidate on offer to meet all the criteria of the prophecies. But as you will see, more on that later. I have no doubt you will offer more alternatives as we progress through the study, but that is fine. Its great to discuss these things, and flesh them out. Could be a very long thread.

Not my perspective. Not my suggestion. Not my opinion. I don't do that. The angel says the little horn comes from the four notable that arose toward the four winds. How is this in any way opinion or suggestion? If you are going to use compacts, accords, treaties, or agreements between Israel and other countries as proof of the identity of the little horn, then there are dozens of problems. How many countries did Israel make compacts with over the years? Again Rome is introduced here because some just have to believe it's Rome. I mean the Empire. Not the church. And it's not necessarily true this agreement even existed. No Roman sources corroborate this agreement. I have my doubts as well.

And again you bring up personal perspective. Do you really claim special knowledge into Daniel's mind to know this prophecy was his perspective? When this knowledge of the end of the age comes from God in a dream, then God sends and angel to give Daniel the interpretation of the dream, the truth of the actors in the prophecy is from God through his messenger, the angel(hence the name), and given to Daniel to record. Not perspective, opinion, or suggestion of man, but direct revelation by God. And another problem you have to deal with is timing. Daniel wrote all this during the Babylonian reign. 200 years before Greece came and went. 500 years before Christ was born and died. Almost 700 years before the supposed Jewish-Roman alliance. Daniel would not have had any Grecian perspective as all the actors in the prophecy weren't even born, Greece was small, and Rome was little more than a village with mud walls and thatched roofs. The only possible perspective in prophecy is from the prophecy giver, God, in every case. Just so you know, prophecy is only prophecy if the word of prophecy comes before the events of the prophecy. Even better if it's centuries removed. How would the scribe, Daniel, see a perspective from events that never happened and people that had not been born? 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, brakelite said:

True...it also says "In the days of these kings.....". When Christ comes are those kings still alive? I believe 'kings' and 'kingdoms' are used interchangeably for one cannot be without the other. When Christ comes, all the kingdoms of the earth will be destroyed...all the remaining vestige of those empires, the traces of which can still be seen and heard even from modern pulpits, will come to their end. I shall repeat the words of Jesus Himself...."My kingdom is not of this world". This planet shall never see the establishment of God's kingdom in its fullness while it is in its corrupt state. We must wait for the new heavens and the new earth.

When you consider that those kings and kingdoms were spawned by their respective fallen angel "princes" it adds a new consideration to Daniel 2 when it says that in the days of those kings all those kingdoms will be destroyed at the same time.  Could it be that the "princes", who spawned those kings and kingdoms, are responsible for another "end time" spawning?  Could it be that the statue presents a succession of kingdoms and that in the end times they (the evil angels) are all active simultaneously, not necessarily within the same geographical area, but causing certain other nations to exercise power?

When Jesus returns He will smash them all simultaneously and there will be no trace remaining.  He will destroy the kingdom of darkness and with it.  His kingdom is not of this world in the sense that it does not employ the ways of the world.  Its a different, spiritual kingdom that worships God, not self.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, brakelite said:

Thankyou for a well written and lucid response, and reflection of your thoughts. I do not however concur with them, regardless of the fact that you have supported your view with a number of texts, albeit taken from different parts of scripture seemingly to suit your argument. The 1000 years, otherwise known as the "millenium" is spoken of in scripture with reference to the resurrection only. The first at te beginning of the 1000 years, that being for the righteous, the second fr the wicked at the end of the 1000 years. Anything else that goes on in between is man's interpolation. There are other scriptures that would appear to contradict that which you have given, such as ....

Hi brakelite

Sorry my reply is so long.  I hope you take the time to read...

Yes the different parts taken from scripture do suit my argument, but for only one reason....they all agree to a certain place in time that has never happened before.  A time of restoration, and a time of peace involving Israel and the gentiles.  We must "discern" the scriptures.  Line upon line, precept upon precept.  This is where the deep things are hidden.  Discern is to separate and know what is past, present and future and slot them into the right places to form a picture.  We can see the picture at the end of it, if we know the prophesies and exactly what order they come. 

Also if I printed the whole chapter it would be too much to read.  It's easier to give the main verses proving my point and you can look up the rest at your own leisure.

Jeremiah 25:29  For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

You see this as a contradiction, I see it as a prophesy leading up to the coming.  When the trouble starts (tribulation), it will start with Jerusalem.  They have something standing there on holy ground that has to be "removed", so that their temple can be built and the abomination of desolation set up.  The king of the North will be the one to do this job.  The millennium has not started yet...and as for all those "inhabitants of the earth", their punishment will follow shortly after, as WAR is coming... and all the nations will be involved, with all the inhabitants who are spiritually part of Babylon.

Revelation 9:16   And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

Revelation 9:18   By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

30 ¶  Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

The whole earth are those joined to Babylon, and yes they will be punished. First they have all the plagues from the seven angels and many will die, and then more will die during the war of "nation against nation" where a third of men die (that war is held in Israel), then all the armies will die when they war the Lamb in the valley of Jehosophat (just outside Jersualem), and then when the Lord comes he will "punish" all the inhabitants of the earth and more will die.  But please note; not everyone will die, but punished with torment, sorrow, and loss. Everyone joined to Babylon will experience this.  Affliction comes, but not necessarily death to all.  There will be "remnants" left of the gentiles and Jews.  Not many, but remnants.

31  A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

Do you see that word "wicked" there?  For example, my very lovely extended family who don't know the Lord may not appreciate his grace, or how important it is to seek the Lord, but I would hardly call them "wicked".  Many of them have very good hearts, and are not murderers or thieves, they don't oppress the poor, and would give the shirts of their backs to help someone in need.  So because they have a certain amount of love inside them, and do no harm to their neighbour, I would hardly call them "wicked".  What I would call "wicked" are those who love a bribe, those who kill, those those who rape, who steal, who rob the poor, who commit adultery, who bear false witness and oppress others...those types. These ones, God will make sure will be killed during "war".  This eliminates the very bad, for the sake of the few good "of heart" who know not the Lord.  But those good of heart will still experience punishment to a great degree but not all will experience death.

32  Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
33  And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

This is still the lead up to the Millennium.  There will be a lot of death that's for sure...but not everyone.

Isaiah 24:1 ¶  Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
2  And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
3  The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word......

The land of "Babylon" shall be utterly emptied.  All joined to her come from all walks of life. Everything Babylon has produced, even all her merchandise will be taken off her.  This will affect everyone remaining.  All the things that they have lived for are now taken away and destroyed.  No homes, no cars, no telephones, no internet, no electricity, no planes, no buses, no boats, no shopping malls, no hairdressers, no toilet paper even unless you want to go through the rubble.

.....19  The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20  The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

The earth is clean dissolved now of "Babylon".  Her system is no longer.  Her  wicked ones are destroyed.  Her buildings all gone, her factories no more.  Everything she has produced will be finally be destroyed by the big earthquake, and fire and brimstone, and hailstones, and she "Babylon" will never rise again, for the Lord will take dominion, and will rule with fairness and truth from here on ruling with a different system not based on greed but truth.

Do you agree this is the coming? 

21  And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22  And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

These high ones, and kings will be put in prison. These are not the 10 kings of Rev (the beast) because they will be thrown into the lake of fire at the coming with the false prophet.  These are the others who have ruled unfairly and allowed God's people to be killed, who helped with the job.  These are the other oppressors.  They will live to see everything being taken off them and will be oppressed themselves serving time in prison.  So hopefully you can see that not all are killed at the coming, even these very wicked ones, who will feel what it's like to be abased and put in prison for their crimes against God and man and they will be wailing.

23  Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

(Until the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven at the end of the 1000 years, the old Jerusalem lies in waste, as the rest of the planet does. God reigns from heaven, the true Zion.)

The New Jerusalem is the "City of Truth".  A heavenly city built of truth.  The saints at the resurrection become one with the city as they are wearing her righteousness.  This is what comes down, the same laws of holiness in heaven will be done here on the earth.  It's a spiritual city consisting of "truth".  Christ will bring this down, a holy system and will rule by this system.  It's not a building made out of stone, it's not heaven, but it's a spiritual building made up of truth.  Heaven's laws come down and will be established on the earth, and all men have to abide by it now.

Zechariah 8:3   Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Jerusalem lies in waste because of the two wars there.  She is flattened which is why she will be restored.  She will become like Eden again.  It will be cleaned up.  The cities of the nations however will not be allowed for future dwellings.  They will become out of bound areas and will not be cleaned up.  They are full of the dead, and destroyed buildings, and wild animals will live there.  Over time it will become like a forest with grass and trees covering the ruins.  Man will start again and build houses outside of the cities.

Isaiah 13:19   And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Isaiah 13:20   It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

Isaiah 13:21   But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

Isaiah 13:22   And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Jeremiah 4:26   I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27   For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Jeremiah 4:28   For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

I hope I have shown you how all this does not contradict the millennial kingdom on earth, because most of the above is the lead up to it.

• Group:  Senior Member

11 hours ago, Diaste said:

Not my perspective. Not my suggestion. Not my opinion. I don't do that. The angel says the little horn comes from the four notable that arose toward the four winds. How is this in any way opinion or suggestion? If you are going to use compacts, accords, treaties, or agreements between Israel and other countries as proof of the identity of the little horn, then there are dozens of problems. How many countries did Israel make compacts with over the years? Again Rome is introduced here because some just have to believe it's Rome. I mean the Empire. Not the church. And it's not necessarily true this agreement even existed. No Roman sources corroborate this agreement. I have my doubts as well.

And again you bring up personal perspective. Do you really claim special knowledge into Daniel's mind to know this prophecy was his perspective? When this knowledge of the end of the age comes from God in a dream, then God sends and angel to give Daniel the interpretation of the dream, the truth of the actors in the prophecy is from God through his messenger, the angel(hence the name), and given to Daniel to record. Not perspective, opinion, or suggestion of man, but direct revelation by God. And another problem you have to deal with is timing. Daniel wrote all this during the Babylonian reign. 200 years before Greece came and went. 500 years before Christ was born and died. Almost 700 years before the supposed Jewish-Roman alliance. Daniel would not have had any Grecian perspective as all the actors in the prophecy weren't even born, Greece was small, and Rome was little more than a village with mud walls and thatched roofs. The only possible perspective in prophecy is from the prophecy giver, God, in every case. Just so you know, prophecy is only prophecy if the word of prophecy comes before the events of the prophecy. Even better if it's centuries removed. How would the scribe, Daniel, see a perspective from events that never happened and people that had not been born? 

Actually, what you have offered is your perspective....the angel did not say that the little horn came from the 'four notable ones', as you suggest. I will quote the text....

8  Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.
9  And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

"Out of one of them"....came the little horn. Out of one of the four horns, or out of one of the four winds, or points of the compass? We must take into consideration every clue we have if we are going to accurately identify this 'little horn', and before we decide if it came from the horns, or the winds. To do this,   we must start with Daniel 2, continue with Daniel 7, and not deviate from the picture thus far formed. Through Daniel God is revealing a panorama of history from the time of Daniel, stretching all the way down to the end of time. He is doing this for our admonition, for our sakes, that we who are living in these last days may be able to look back into history, be able to compare history with prophecy, and therefore accurately deduce where we are in the great timeline thus revealed. Prophecy is not given to turn us into clairvoyants or progosticators of future events. (Not that I am charging you with this). Knowing the past hwever does inform us to a limited extent to what we can expect in the future, for history does repeat. Thus if we can accurately understand past prophetic events, we may be wise to better understand future events. If we get the past wrong, we will I believe find ourselves looking in the wrong direction when it comes to future threats to ourselves and the church today. And futurism, that based on Schofield and Darby and the false prophets of televangelism all of whose teachings originated in the Jesuit counter-reformation, clouds and blinds miliions today from the reality of current events and the role of Israel, and the Antichrist.

You said yourself that some obscure treaty with Israel cannot be used as evidence for prophecy. I agree, that is why I discard it and cleave to the four winds as being the source of Rome as opposed to the horns. Likewise, basing the reign of a future "antichrist" from Jerusalem for 3 and 1/2 years on an even more obscure treaty or 'covenant' from Daniel 9 is equally untenable, and one which I reject. After replying to some others on this thread, I will post another article on the Antichrist, which will clarify my position and explain why I reject Islam as being the focus of prophecy. Good conversing with you though. I appreciate your taking part in this discussion, and the way in which you present your arguments....with respect and dignity. I pray we may continue in that vein, and please feel welcome to rebuke me if I get personal or begin to sound too opinionated. We all have our reasons for believing the way we do...we all have our particular hermeuetic we use in the way we look at  scripture and our different conclusions reflect that. I am an historicist. Some have charged me with being preterist, but that is because they misunderstand what historicism is.

11 hours ago, Last Daze said:

When you consider that those kings and kingdoms were spawned by their respective fallen angel "princes" it adds a new consideration to Daniel 2 when it says that in the days of those kings all those kingdoms will be destroyed at the same time.  Could it be that the "princes", who spawned those kings and kingdoms, are responsible for another "end time" spawning?  Could it be that the statue presents a succession of kingdoms and that in the end times they (the evil angels) are all active simultaneously, not necessarily within the same geographical area, but causing certain other nations to exercise power?

When Jesus returns He will smash them all simultaneously and there will be no trace remaining.  He will destroy the kingdom of darkness and with it.  His kingdom is not of this world in the sense that it does not employ the ways of the world.  Its a different, spiritual kingdom that worships God, not self.

Agree in part I think with what you are saying. I see the prophecies of Daniel as an unbroken timeline from his day to the second coming. The kingdoms which Daniel spoke of changed their character from the time of Christ. In the OT, they were literal kingdoms. But as Israel from the cros onards became a spiritual entity, and prophecy regarding the NT people of God foocusing upon the church, so the 'kingdoms' or 'beasts' of prophecy in NT times such as those depicted in Revelation, are spritual kingdoms. Pagan secular literal Rome morphed into papal Rome. Atheism/Communism had its roots in Revelation 11, and apostate Protestantism in the second beast of Revelation 13. The little horn of Daniel 7:24,25 even changed direction, operating first on a horzontal plane then to a vertical plane, refleting the change from literal to spiritual. The four empires that remain at the end of time aren't literal or a reinvention, but they are spiritual reflections of the philosophies and teachings of those empires that remain today particularly in the apostate churches.

19 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi brakelite

Sorry my reply is so long.  I hope you take the time to read...

Yes the different parts taken from scripture do suit my argument, but for only one reason....they all agree to a certain place in time that has never happened before.  A time of restoration, and a time of peace involving Israel and the gentiles.  We must "discern" the scriptures.  Line upon line, precept upon precept.  This is where the deep things are hidden.  Discern is to separate and know what is past, present and future and slot them into the right places to form a picture.  We can see the picture at the end of it, if we know the prophesies and exactly what order they come. 

Also if I printed the whole chapter it would be too much to read.  It's easier to give the main verses proving my point and you can look up the rest at your own leisure.

You see this as a contradiction, I see it as a prophesy leading up to the coming.  When the trouble starts (tribulation), it will start with Jerusalem.  They have something standing there on holy ground that has to be "removed", so that their temple can be built and the abomination of desolation set up.  The king of the North will be the one to do this job.  The millennium has not started yet...and as for all those "inhabitants of the earth", their punishment will follow shortly after, as WAR is coming... and all the nations will be involved, with all the inhabitants who are spiritually part of Babylon.

Revelation 9:16   And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

Revelation 9:18   By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

The whole earth are those joined to Babylon, and yes they will be punished. First they have all the plagues from the seven angels and many will die, and then more will die during the war of "nation against nation" where a third of men die (that war is held in Israel), then all the armies will die when they war the Lamb in the valley of Jehosophat (just outside Jersualem), and then when the Lord comes he will "punish" all the inhabitants of the earth and more will die.  But please note; not everyone will die, but punished with torment, sorrow, and loss. Everyone joined to Babylon will experience this.  Affliction comes, but not necessarily death to all.  There will be "remnants" left of the gentiles and Jews.  Not many, but remnants.

Do you see that word "wicked" there?  For example, my very lovely extended family who don't know the Lord may not appreciate his grace, or how important it is to seek the Lord, but I would hardly call them "wicked".  Many of them have very good hearts, and are not murderers or thieves, they don't oppress the poor, and would give the shirts of their backs to help someone in need.  So because they have a certain amount of love inside them, and do no harm to their neighbour, I would hardly call them "wicked".  What I would call "wicked" are those who love a bribe, those who kill, those those who rape, who steal, who rob the poor, who commit adultery, who bear false witness and oppress others...those types. These ones, God will make sure will be killed during "war".  This eliminates the very bad, for the sake of the few good "of heart" who know not the Lord.  But those good of heart will still experience punishment to a great degree but not all will experience death.

This is still the lead up to the Millennium.  There will be a lot of death that's for sure...but not everyone.

The land of "Babylon" shall be utterly emptied.  All joined to her come from all walks of life. Everything Babylon has produced, even all her merchandise will be taken off her.  This will affect everyone remaining.  All the things that they have lived for are now taken away and destroyed.  No homes, no cars, no telephones, no internet, no electricity, no planes, no buses, no boats, no shopping malls, no hairdressers, no toilet paper even unless you want to go through the rubble.

The earth is clean dissolved now of "Babylon".  Her system is no longer.  Her  wicked ones are destroyed.  Her buildings all gone, her factories no more.  Everything she has produced will be finally be destroyed by the big earthquake, and fire and brimstone, and hailstones, and she "Babylon" will never rise again, for the Lord will take dominion, and will rule with fairness and truth from here on ruling with a different system not based on greed but truth.

Do you agree this is the coming? 

These high ones, and kings will be put in prison. These are not the 10 kings of Rev (the beast) because they will be thrown into the lake of fire at the coming with the false prophet.  These are the others who have ruled unfairly and allowed God's people to be killed, who helped with the job.  These are the other oppressors.  They will live to see everything being taken off them and will be oppressed themselves serving time in prison.  So hopefully you can see that not all are killed at the coming, even these very wicked ones, who will feel what it's like to be abased and put in prison for their crimes against God and man and they will be wailing.

The New Jerusalem is the "City of Truth".  A heavenly city built of truth.  The saints at the resurrection become one with the city as they are wearing her righteousness.  This is what comes down, the same laws of holiness in heaven will be done here on the earth.  It's a spiritual city consisting of "truth".  Christ will bring this down, a holy system and will rule by this system.  It's not a building made out of stone, it's not heaven, but it's a spiritual building made up of truth.  Heaven's laws come down and will be established on the earth, and all men have to abide by it now.

Zechariah 8:3   Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Jerusalem lies in waste because of the two wars there.  She is flattened which is why she will be restored.  She will become like Eden again.  It will be cleaned up.  The cities of the nations however will not be allowed for future dwellings.  They will become out of bound areas and will not be cleaned up.  They are full of the dead, and destroyed buildings, and wild animals will live there.  Over time it will become like a forest with grass and trees covering the ruins.  Man will start again and build houses outside of the cities.

Isaiah 13:19   And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Isaiah 13:20   It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

Isaiah 13:21   But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

Isaiah 13:22   And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Jeremiah 4:26   I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27   For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Jeremiah 4:28   For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

I hope I have shown you how all this does not contradict the millennial kingdom on earth, because most of the above is the lead up to it.

Hi Sister. Yep, read it all. I can see that yes, all the scriptures you quoted can be fitted into a millenial paradigm. The fact that they can be fitted into such a space in time, does it however mean that God intended that they be so? For example, the scriptures immediately above from Jeremiah 427,28. Compare those with the scripture in Revealtion which declares Satan is going to be bound for 1000 years (between the 2 resurrections) and the place of his bondage. The text says .... 2  And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

That phrase, bottomless pit, is in the Greek the precise same word 'abyss' , the same word used for the earth before creation...'darkness was upon the face of the deep'. If the entire planet is plunged into darkness (The heavens above be black Jer.4:28) and a complete and utter ruin (desolate Jer. 4:27) then Satan will most certainly be bound by a chain of circumstances (you cannot literally chain a spirit) and cannot tempt the nations anymore because everyone who wasn't saved is dead, and the rest are in heaven. (Yet I will not make a full end Jer. 4:27) will be fulfilled with the creation of the new heavens and the new earth. Do you recognize the typology? Peter said to the Lord a 1000 years is as a day....6 days of creation after a period of darkness and lifeless desolation then a day of rest. 6000 years of labor has rendered this planet tired and dying. Even scientists know this. The earth has not celebrated its sabbaths as the law asked.

Exodus 23:10 ¶  And six years thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather in the fruits thereof:
11  But the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still; that the poor of thy people may eat: and what they leave the beasts of the field shall eat. In like manner thou shalt deal with thy vineyard, and with thy oliveyard.
It has had no opportunity to replenish itself. God Himself is going to see His law honored, and is going to rest His land for the final 1000 years. It will be left dormant, then after the New Jerusalem descends from heaven onto the earth (and flattens the Mount of Olives), the wicked are raised and the devil manages to convince them that attacking the city and defeating God!! Himself is their only hope (and it is...sort of if any hope can be found in that proposition...the hope of the desperate I suppose). However that said, I am sure Satan has more weapons at his disposal than an expectation just to trow rocks at the walls. Nuclear weapons maybe?

9  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
That same fire, which will obviously encompass the entire planet, will destroy every last remains of pollution, and ruins left from the previous occupations, and the new heavens and earth will be raised from the destruction. Malachi 4:3  And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Let me tell you one thing more, of great importance. Those people you know, who aren't truly 'wicked', will not get a second chance in the millenium. Their opportunity...their probation...is now. There is no opportunity after the second coming. Before Jesus returns, it is declared in heaven, 10  And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18  For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 ¶  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

MARANATHA!!!!!

The following is a study on the "Antichrist". This is extra material to the present study on Daniel, but certainly compliments it.

Before we look at the antichrist, I want to look at the real Christ. Who is He? Let us go to the scriptures to find out what and Who Jesus Christ claimed to be.

Mathew 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple...

The temple, the priesthood, and the religious system including all the ceremonies, the sacrifices, and the law of the Jewish nation go hand in hand. It was the mainstay and focal point of the life of Israel. Yet Jesus claimed to be greater. Greater even than the very High priest who no doubt would take great interest in hearing a report of these words. Greater even than the law itself, because He was the lawgiver.

….38 ¶ Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here…

Jonah was the most powerful and successful of all OT prophets. In all 40 odd chapters of Jeremiah, there is no record of anyone at anytime taking the slightest bit of notice of anything Jeremiah said. Yet Jonah, on the strength of just one or two sermons, converted the entire city of Nineveh of the children of Ishmael totaling maybe 60,000 people.  By any standards, that has got to be recorded as a very successful evangelistic campaign. Yet Jesus claimed to be greater than Jonah.

…42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Solomon was the wisest and wealthiest and most successful of any ruler of the ancient world. Yet Jesus claimed to be greater even than Solomon.

He claimed to be a greater priest than the current high priest of Israel, He claimed to be a greater prophet than Jonah, and He claimed to be a greater King than Solomon. In these three startling claims, we have before us the threefold ministry of Jesus.

Priest,

Prophet,

and King.

Many believe perhaps wisely, that the Bible must be understood grammatically before it can be understood theologically. Anti– as in antichrist, according to Strong’s concordance, and like other words having the prefix ‘anti’, means at it’s most basic form “in the room of”, “instead of”, or “in the place of”.
In other words, ‘antichrist’ stands as a substitute. We all know that Satan works by deception. Yet many  claim the ‘antichrist’ will be one who will charge in on a black horse guns blazing with fury and hatred directed at all things Christian and opposing with great force the church. Pray tell me, how will the world be deceived by such a tactic as this?
In 2 Thess. 2:1 we are told that there was to be a falling away first, which will reveal the antichrist, or as Paul describes him, the man of sin or son of perdition. Now falling away in this instance is a falling into apostasy; divorce.
Any divorce necessitates a prior favorable relationship. The only other example of a ‘son of perdition’ is Judas Iscariot. Did Judas openly and with force oppose Christ? Did he attack His teachings and disagree with Jesus claims to divinity? Did he argue and debate everything Jesus stood for and seek the destruction of His followers? No. Not by any means. Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss. He betrayed Him with an act of apparent love, fellowship, and friendship. He undermined and betrayed Jesus at the same time as claiming Him to be his friend!! This squares perfectly with the meaning of antichrist. He is not an opposer, but a subtle impostor. A counterfeit. An impostor of Jesus Christ. A false copy, or forgery of the true. Thus would it logical to accept that if the Antichrist is a false Christ, then wouldn't his followers be false Christians?
Antichrist is therefore a person or power who impersonates the offices of
a. Priesthood of Christ (who now ministers in the heavenly sanctuary)...
b. the Prophet or spokesmanship of Christ (takes the place of scripture, or at least claims the sole prerogative to interpret it)....
c. and the Kingly rule of Christ.(As sovereign ruler over all men).
Thus the Antichrist is an entity that assumes the office that ministers for God, speaks for God, and rules for God.

The falling away that Paul spoke indeed did take place just as he said. Jesus’ letter to the church of Ephesus (Revelation 2) reveals the beginning of this process. During the ensuing centuries, political instability within the Roman Empire resulted in Germanic barbarian tribes taking over the former territories of the western portion of the empire. Constantine moved the capital to the east, and Rome was left without a leader. This void was filled by the bishops of Rome, many of whom were more politically minded than religious. Power corrupted them, and by the 6th century the apostasy was well under way, the formation of a church/state union which was the vehicle for the introduction of many pagan superstitions and practices entering the church.

Satan has many counterfeits. Now counterfeits are almost identical to the true. You do not get counterfeit 99$ notes. You get counterfeit 100$ notes. And unless you get trained and disciplined to know intimately the true 100$ note, you will not recognize the false. It has been estimated that every person in America who has regularly handled 100$ notes, has had pass through their hands a counterfeit at least 4 times a year! And not known it!!!! Unless you are intimately acquainted with the true Jesus, how will you recognize the counterfeit?

In Revelation 14:6-12 God has the final message of warning that His people must deliver before He comes. It is shown as being preached by 3 angels. This is figurative, for it is the responsibility of the church to preach the gospel. It however can be understood that angels are directing and overseeing the preaching. Satan however has a counterfeit message. We see this in Revelation 16:13,14. “And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.”

This is a threefold message of demons opposing and deceiving the world at the time of the end.

The following is not intended as evidence for the concept of a ‘Christian trinity’, however, the following does make for very interesting comparisons.

Dragon/Satan.

1. His place in heaven (Rev 12:3,7,8.)
  2. He has a throne. (Rev 13:2, 2:13)
  3. Gives throne, power, and authority to sea-beast. (13:2,4.)
  4. He is worshiped. (13:4a)
  5. Destroyed forever. (20:9,10)

Now compare:
God the Father

1. Dwelling in heaven (Rev 4,5)
  2. He has a throne. (4:5; 7:9-15; 19:4)
  3. Gives throne, power and authority to Jesus. (Math 28:18 Rev 2:27; 3:21; chapters 4,5.)
  4. Is worshiped. (Rev 4:10; 15:4)
  5. Lives and reign forever. (4:9; 5:13; 11:15)

The Land-beast or false prophet.

1. Called the false prophet because he decieves people with regards to religious matters. (16:13; 19:20; 20:10)
  2. Lamb-like. (13:11)
  3. Exercises all authority of sea-beast. (13:12a)
  4. Directs worship to sea-beast. (13:12b,15)
  5. Performs signs. (13:13; 19:20)
  6. Brings fire down from heaven (13:13)
  7. Gives breath/life to beasts image (13:15)
  8. Applies mark of beast. (13:16)

Now compare:
The Holy Spirit

1. Called the Spirit of truth guiding people. (Jn 16:13 Rev 22:17)
  2. Christ-like. (Jn 1426; 16:14)
  3. Exercises authority of Christ (Jn 16:13,14)
  4. Directs peoples attention to Christ (Acts 5:29-32)
  5. Grants gifts..gift of miracles eg.(1 Cor. 12:8-11)
  6. Fire from heaven at Pentecost (Acts 2)
  7. Instills life to us, the image of Christ, ‘Christ in us the hope of glory’… (Romans8:8-11,29)
  8. Applies seal of God. (2 Cor 1:22 Eph 1:13 4:30 Rev 7:3,4.)

The sea-beast or antichrist.

1. Comes from water to begin activity. (13:1)
  2. Resembles dragon. (12:13 13:1)
  3. Ten diadems. (13:1)
  4. Ten horns (13:1)
  5. Receives power throne and authority from dragon/Satan. (13:2,4)
  6. 42 months of activity in first phase. (13:5)
  7. Was slain (13:3)
  8. Resurrected (13:3)
  9. Receives worship after healing (13:3,4,8)

Now compare:
Jesus Christ

1. Comes from water to begin ministry (Luke 3:21-23)
  2. Resembles Father (Jn 14:19)
  3. Many diadems (Rev 19:12)
  4. Lamb has 7 horns (5:6)
  5. Receives power throne and authority from His Father (Math 28:18 Rev 2:27 Chapters 4,5)
  6. 42 months of ministry in initial phase. (Gospel of John)
  7. Was slain (Rev 5:6)
  8. Was resurrected (Rev1:18)
  9. Received worship after resurrection (Math 28:17)

Note how very similar the prophetic characteristics of antichrist are to Jesus.

So do the above attributes of the sea beast match any entity or individual in the world today? How does the above sea-beast or antichrist counterfeit the threefold ministry of the true Christ, as Priest, Prophet and King? Is there an entity in the world today who claims to do just this? Is there one like Judas who is betraying the Master with a kiss, all the while claiming to be a friend? Is there in the world today a religious system or religious ruler who claims to be the earthly representative of Christ as His priest, claiming to be a mediator between God and man? Claiming to forgive sin even, which is the sole prerogative of God, and Biblically and in particular applying to Jesus?
Does this entity also claim the prerogatives of a prophet? Does it claim to speak for God in spiritual matters? Does it claim to stand as God’s spokesman on earth and claim that only through it’s authority can salvation be found, and that when speaking officially is considered on a par with scripture, that is infallible?
And finally, does this entity also claim to be a king? Does it claim authority as a secular power? Does it exercise authority and power within the auspices of a church/state relationship?

The answer my friends to all the above questions is a firm yes.There is an entity in the world today who claims all the above Godly prerogatives which belong only to Jesus Christ. Priest, prophet and king.This entity has set itself up as counterfeit and thus can be affirmatively identified as the Antichrist, the impostor and impersonator of the true. And this entity can be found only in the Roman Catholic church system.

As I progress through the prophecies of Daniel, further evidence will be presented which will explain clearly why every reformer pointed their collective fingers at Rome accusing either the papal system or the pope in particular as being the Antichrist. In fact, I will show how every criteria that scripture presents as evidence or characteristic of the Antichrist, is uniquely met in the Roman Catholic system.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, brakelite said:

Hi Sister. Yep, read it all. I can see that yes, all the scriptures you quoted can be fitted into a millenial paradigm. The fact that they can be fitted into such a space in time, does it however mean that God intended that they be so? For example, the scriptures immediately above from Jeremiah 427,28. Compare those with the scripture in Revealtion which declares Satan is going to be bound for 1000 years (between the 2 resurrections) and the place of his bondage. The text says .... 2  And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

That phrase, bottomless pit, is in the Greek the precise same word 'abyss' , the same word used for the earth before creation...'darkness was upon the face of the deep'. If the entire planet is plunged into darkness (The heavens above be black Jer.4:28) and a complete and utter ruin (desolate Jer. 4:27) then Satan will most certainly be bound by a chain of circumstances (you cannot literally chain a spirit) and cannot tempt the nations anymore because everyone who wasn't saved is dead, and the rest are in heaven. (Yet I will not make a full end Jer. 4:27) will be fulfilled with the creation of the new heavens and the new earth. Do you recognize the typology?

Hi Brakelite

When the Lord returns, the heavens will indeed be black.  Because just prior to that we have all the nations warring.  This will cause a significant amount of smoke the air, and put that together with the smoke caused by the the 1st angel (1/3 of trees and grass burnt).....we have an atmosphere so polluted, and black caused from men alone.  This blackness of smoke is not caused from God but from our own doings.  This is how it ends up, what man did to the earth.

Man cannot spiritually imprison an angel, but Christ can. Were not the angels of genesis imprisoned?  Those who went into the daughters of men?  Will they not be let out again during the 5th trumpet, ....and their chiefs at the 6th trumpet?  Where have they been all these years?  In a spiritual prison put inside the earth,...(the deep) that only he who has the keys can open and shut.

If Satan is locked up because God does not want him to deceive the nations until the 1000 years expire, the there must be nations still about?  I can see you are picturing an empty earth with no inhabitants, and Satan being punished by just being there in a black earth all alone...but what about when Satan gets released?

Revelation 20:7   And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8   And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

It says the nations are in the four quarters of the earth when Satan is released from his prison.  There are nations still around.  I don't see how the nations can disappear, then reappear again?

Words in red italics are mine, please consider.

Ezekiel 38:8   After many days thou shalt be visited (Satan): in the latter years (after the 1000 years of rest) thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword (recovered from war), and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Satan will do it all over again when he is released.  He will attack that Camp of the Saints where Israel is dwelling safely.  He will wage another war, using a man again of his choice called Gog, and Magog his armies.

Ezekiel 38:9   Thou shalt ascend (rise up from the abyss) and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:10   Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:

Ezekiel 38:11   And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

Ezekiel 38:12   To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

Satan has been locked up for a thousand years.  The nations have been living without wars, and the kingdom on earth, Holy Jerusalem is dwelling safely because Christ is with them, and the saints, and those dwelling in the kingdom (Israel) have been taught truth.  They are protected, but Satan does not know much, because he has been put away for a thousand years. He gets released and he sees certain nations that have had no rain, people are hungry, because God has not blessed them....they are helpless to do anything,.....then he sees this other kingdom he knew nothing about. The last he saw of it, he had turned it into a wasteland, through war, but now it's changed, it's borders are lengthened, it's landscape is different, the land is restored to a beautiful paradise, and the people living inside there are all dwelling in peace.  This kingdom he never saw before is rich in all things.  Food in abundance, cattle, goods, ....and all those riches, the gold and silver I told you about before is in there.  So that's the idea he gets in his head.  To stir up the afflicted, and gather them to make war, to attack the kingdom with no walls, and take a great booty.  All this happens after the thousand years.  Satan must be so surprised to see all the Jews in there, because last he knew, he destroyed most of them spiritually and physically, but here they are thriving.

There are some exciting times ahead my friend.  Do not let Satan rob us of our treasures (truth).  Satan knows his time is short, but knowledge has been blocked from him concerning all of God's plan.  God has shown his plan to those who love him and seek truth, but not Satan.  He's got some surprises coming his way. There are hundreds of scriptures that give us a glimpse of what will happen during those 1000 years, and after - concerning that last final war. Please do not write them off, because they have been given to us to seek, and understand.

Only after all this has taken place, will God bring on the second judgement, all the goats into the Lake of fire, and the sheep will be "changed" to spirit.  All we have left now are converted souls, who are just like the angels, spirit.  No flesh is left.  Only after this can the earth be melted and re-made.  Heaven and earth will be as one.  No division.

God bless.

Edited by Sister

4 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Brakelite

When the Lord returns, the heavens will indeed be black.  Because just prior to that we have all the nations warring.  This will cause a significant amount of smoke the air, and put that together with the smoke caused by the the 1st angel (1/3 of trees and grass burnt).....we have an atmosphere so polluted, and black caused from men alone.  This blackness of smoke is not caused from God but from our own doings.  This is how it ends up, what man did to the earth.

Man cannot spiritually imprison an angel, but Christ can. Were not the angels of genesis imprisoned?  Those who went into the daughters of men?  Will they not be let out again during the 5th trumpet, ....and their chiefs at the 6th trumpet?  Where have they been all these years?  In a spiritual prison put inside the earth,...(the deep) that only he who has the keys can open and shut.

If Satan is locked up because God does not want him to deceive the nations until the 1000 years expire, the there must be nations still about?  I can see you are picturing an empty earth with no inhabitants, and Satan being punished by just being there in a black earth all alone...but what about when Satan gets released?

Revelation 20:7   And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8   And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

It says the nations are in the four quarters of the earth when Satan is released from his prison.  There are nations still around.  I don't see how the nations can disappear, then reappear again?

Words in red italics are mine, please consider.

Ezekiel 38:8   After many days thou shalt be visited (Satan): in the latter years (after the 1000 years of rest) thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword (recovered from war), and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Satan will do it all over again when he is released.  He will attack that Camp of the Saints where Israel is dwelling safely.  He will wage another war, using a man again of his choice called Gog, and Magog his armies.

Ezekiel 38:9   Thou shalt ascend (rise up from the abyss) and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:10   Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:

Ezekiel 38:11   And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

Ezekiel 38:12   To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

Satan has been locked up for a thousand years.  The nations have been living without wars, and the kingdom on earth, Holy Jerusalem is dwelling safely because Christ is with them, and the saints, and those dwelling in the kingdom (Israel) have been taught truth.  They are protected, but Satan does not know much, because he has been put away for a thousand years. He gets released and he sees certain nations that have had no rain, people are hungry, because God has not blessed them....they are helpless to do anything,.....then he sees this other kingdom he knew nothing about. The last he saw of it, he had turned it into a wasteland, through war, but now it's changed, it's borders are lengthened, it's landscape is different, the land is restored to a beautiful paradise, and the people living inside there are all dwelling in peace.  This kingdom he never saw before is rich in all things.  Food in abundance, cattle, goods, ....and all those riches, the gold and silver I told you about before is in there.  So that's the idea he gets in his head.  To stir up the afflicted, and gather them to make war, to attack the kingdom with no walls, and take a great booty.  All this happens after the thousand years.  Satan must be so surprised to see all the Jews in there, because last he knew, he destroyed most of them spiritually and physically, but here they are thriving.

There are some exciting times ahead my friend.  Do not let Satan rob us of our treasures (truth).  Satan knows his time is short, but knowledge has been blocked from him concerning all of God's plan.  God has shown his plan to those who love him and seek truth, but not Satan.  He's got some surprises coming his way. There are hundreds of scriptures that give us a glimpse of what will happen during those 1000 years, and after - concerning that last final war. Please do not write them off, because they have been given to us to seek, and understand.

Only after all this has taken place, will God bring on the second judgement, all the goats into the Lake of fire, and the sheep will be "changed" to spirit.  All we have left now are converted souls, who are just like the angels, spirit.  No flesh is left.  Only after this can the earth be melted and re-made.  Heaven and earth will be as one.  No division.

God bless.

40 years ago I believed as you do. Hal Lindsay's book The Late Great Planet Earth was my second Bible. I lapped up every book, movie, andd article that related to prophecy and the coming antichrist, the rapture, and the futuristic paradigm that was in its infancy in the 1970s, but is now mainstream Christian belief. It is singularly the most effective act of duplicity and deception ever perpetrated by man in the last 2000 years. Futurism, as a means by which to interpret and understand Bible prophecy, has, while purporting to reveal truth, successfully hidden the truth from millions of sincere Christians, and set them up to be completely deceived into accepting the Antichrist to the point of unknowingly promoting him to his position of power. Our current discussion on the millennium has diverted us away from the topic of the thread,  so I am going to leave that particular subject and allow you to read on and learn why I have come out so strongly in this post against what is now accepted orthodoxy in eschatological teaching.