• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Really? No one paid a penny in taxes to make that possible? Cool! Here in the states, doctors and hospitals expect to get paid, and so do insurance companies and pharmaceutical and equipment manufacturers - so many greedy people!

You should watch the Micheal Moore movie sicko it's a good. I watched it and I think it was in France that the doctors don't get paid until the patient is well enough to leave the hospital and before the patient leaves the hospital they issues them a card with money on it to help them get back on their feet.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,655
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  218
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Silly O man  we pay via national insurance ..a tax paid only by those who work but the treatment is the same for everyone no matter how much or how little they have contributed or used so yes some get it free of all charges. I don't mind that when it comes to those who have lived and tried to work in this country but I DO object to the visitors who come her just to use the hospitals and never intend to pay and have put the whole NHS in dire straights. Just last month some woman who had fertility treatment in her own country came here to have her babies as she was expecting quads ( it is illegal to use more than two transplanted eggs in this country to minimise the risks associated with multiple births ) So far it has cost us over half a million pounds and she has no intention of paying a penny as she says her children are worth more than money ????? YES children are priceless BUT not without cost to someone !!!!!!

There will always be those who steal and that is what she and others like her are doing ..they take away the chances of the sick and elderly of this country to benefit their own desires

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I heard in a Mickelson Jagger interview where he was asked why the Rolling Stones never do a concert in Britain ans he said that it was because the government would take 98% of the money they would make and they couldn't really cover the expenses they get.  They would loose money doing so.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 2/9/2017 at 7:35 AM, other one said:

I heard in a Mickelson Jagger interview where he was asked why the Rolling Stones never do a concert in Britain ans he said that it was because the government would take 98% of the money they would make and they couldn't really cover the expenses they get.  They would loose money doing so.

The Beatles had a similar complaint:

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

Lyrics from their song "Taxman"

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 2:07 PM, missmuffet said:

I had a recent 5 hour stay at the ER. They did not do anything elaborate. The bill? Over $4,000.00.

http://health.costhelper.com/emergency-room.html

That's sad

Guest BacKaran

Wow, prices have skyrocketed. I had an ambulance ride that was$500, I thought next time I'll get a cab, the ambulance ride was horrible as I was suffering from back problems....

Looking at my recent bill

Without insurance,$17,000 just for the procedure by the Dr.

Insurance paid $4000 and my pay was$950. Why wasn't the price just $4000 to begin with, I'd have paid$950...

Get government out of the health Care business and let the competition for patients be the reason for cheaper prices.

I'm trying to get my health better before I need Medicare, I've heard horror stories that I can live without!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

54 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Wow, prices have skyrocketed. I had an ambulance ride that was$500, I thought next time I'll get a cab, the ambulance ride was horrible as I was suffering from back problems....

Insurance paid $4000 and my pay was$950. Why wasn't the price just $4000 to begin with, I'd have paid$950...

Get government out of the health Care business and let the competition for patients be the reason for cheaper prices.

I'm trying to get my health better before I need Medicare, I've heard horror stories that I can live without!

I have ridden in a ambulance once. But I don't know how much it was since insurance covered the whole thing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/8/2016 at 1:07 PM, missmuffet said:

I had a recent 5 hour stay at the ER. They did not do anything elaborate. The bill? Over $4,000.00.

http://health.costhelper.com/emergency-room.html

$12,000 for neighbors kidney stone. Did not include treatment only diagnosis and comfort and referal.

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 3/11/2017 at 5:50 PM, BacKaran said:

Wow!! That's way too high!!