• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Michael37
      When we compare the descriptions of Himself Jesus gives John to write in the letters to the seven churches (ekklesias), with the observations and mentions John makes of his initial experience in the Spirit with the ascended Christ, we notice how readily they match, along with some other passages for the sixth and seventh letters. 
      Rev 2:1
      (1)  Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
      Rev 2:8
      (8)  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
      Rev 2:12
      (12)  "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:
      Rev 2:18
      (18)  "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:
      Rev 3:1
      (1)  "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "
      Rev 3:7
      (7)  "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, he that has the key of David, he that opens, and no man shuts; and shuts, and no man opens;

Rev 3:14
      (14)  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
      I hope you have enjoyed these matching passages as much as I have, especially in contemplating the differences between Christ as John observed and experienced Him whilst He was on earth, and as we read of Him after He ascended. 
      Blessings from Michael37.
    • By Omegaman 3.0
      We had recently here as Worthy had a spirited discussion about homosexuality and discrimination in the church. The nature of the discussion did not allow for too much thoroughness in related issues, and the theology around them. I was cruising YouTube this morning, and coincidentally, this topic came up in the recommended for you suggestions, probably because I have watched some Walter Martin videos.
      Anyway, I found them informational and helpful, in understanding some of the issues and background to these topics. There are several views represented, and they are moderated, so it does not get out of control. So, for you consideration are the following four videos:

• By RarexxRose
      How do you know if you're hearing from the Holy Spirit or if its just other people's frequencies that you're tapping into? How do you know it's not other people's spirit that you're connecting with?
    • By Behold
      I wanted to talk to you about your Salvation, which is your  personal and private relationship with God.
      Maybe you are not enjoying it.  Maybe its become a dead weight in your heart, that gives no joy, no life, and no hope.
      Many Christians are exactly like this.   They have long ago trusted the Lord, they are born again, and yet, over time, what use to be LIFE in them is now a slow torture.   Almost a misery.
      So, let me talk to you about this, and lets easily solve this so that you can once again know how it use to be when you were first saved, and life was BRAND NEW, and all you wanted to do was have more of God.
      Remember ?
      To get back THERE........is very easy to do.   Its not a slow progression back.  And in fact, i want you to see this picture in your mind....
      Take a look...
       You see a path that is leading across a  pretty field, and at the end of the path is a yard, and a small white cottage stands in the yard.  Its in the early evening, not quite dark, its Springtime and there are candles burning in the windows. In all the windows, there are candles glowing a golden glow.   The brown wooden front door is wide open, and standing on the porch, by the open door, all dressed in white is Jesus.  Its Jesus.  He is standing there.  He is looking across the yard, and into the path.   He is looking at you because you stopped just before you walked across the yard to Him.   You can see His face.    He is smiling gently at you.  You notice that His arms are open as if to give you a warm hug.   Then you see what you really didnt expect.   You see that Jesus has tears in His Eyes.   In His eyes are tears.   These tears are for you.  These are tears of longing, and hope, and joy,  because He has wanted you to come home, and has been waiting, and waiting, and waiting....    And now you are there.      So... Go to the Lord.     Go Home.
      -
      -
      Ok, if you are away from the Lord for a while, there are generally  only a few reasons.
      One, is that you have been sinning, and you feel so guilty and condemned in your heart.
      Two, is that you have some bitterness in your life.   Maybe a divorce.  Maybe someone you loved died.   Maybe you are just very unhappy with your life.  Its such a struggle.  But what you are feeling is that you blame God.  You blame Jesus.    You are angry at them..
      Three,  Maybe a Christian has hurt you.   Maybe a church has greatly disappointed you.   Maybe both, and you are just not wanting to be a part of any of this, anymore.
      Now there are other things i can list, but, ive learned that most of us, when we are not close to the Lord, ... its because of those 3, so, no matter what your reason might be, ..being away from the Lord is the same empty feeling, its the same sense of no direction and no hope, yet its so very easy to solve this situation, whatever it is, that is keeping you away from God who loves you.

So, How do you get back?   Well this is very simple.   You see that picture i gave you?   You see that Jesus?   He is there all the time, just like that.   And yet what we do sometimes, is we dont see Him like this when we are not close to God and Christ.    Instead we see our feelings, our disappointments...... we feel our  guilty condemnation... and our bad feelings lead us to believe that God is upset with us, and in fact, He is not.     God is Love, you see.    And the only thing He will ever do or feel, towards His Child, which you are, is to feel Love towards you.   God's only thoughts toward you, His Child, are good thoughts.  God only and always wants the best for you.   God is love, and that is all He ever has to give you.    And this love, is expressed into your life and into your heart as His favor, blessing, peace, hope, power, self control, and Love.   
      Now, i listed 3 reasons that might be the reason you are not as close to the Lord as you were once.  And if you are reading this, it could be because you are someone who feels that God is so distant and you are so unworthy.       And.... no matter the reason, or the reasons, and no matter how you feel...... God is always at the door, waiting for you.  Jesus is never going to turn you away.   He will never require you to do anything so that He would accept you or love you.   God's love is REAL LOVE, because it is unconditional.     You see, God loves you, because that is what He does....That is who He is.... And His Love's only requirement is that you Let Him Love You.   And THAT, my brother or my sister,..... is how you return to God and Christ.    You realize His Love and you allow It for yourself.   You allow it for yourself....  And when you do, and as soon as you do, you will feel His presence, and you will know it.   And no matter what you have done, or what you have felt,   if you will just see Jesus, standing at the door, looking at you, ... then you can understand How God Loves YOU.
      Let God love you.    Allow God to Love you......   He is still waiting...... always.

<B><

• By Behold
      Lets define "legalism" as defined by Paul, as Webster is not using the NT as context.
      "Legalism" is Galatians 1:8  ""there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. [8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let them be accursed. """"
      Notice that Legalism, taught or preached, "perverts" the Gospel.  It subverts the Blood Atonement.  It actually attacks the Cross, by denying Jesus full credit do for saving you and keeping you saved.  It offends God, and that is why he curses the person and the message.
      Legalism, is the teaching that "faith + works" is what saves you and keeps you saved.   And this "gospel" is a perversion of the truth.  Its actually a denial of the Lord's words..spoken from the Cross = "it is Finished"....meaning The Blood Atonement.....Salvation.
      Let me explain it more clearly....
      This verse is referring to a person (Legalist) who is preaching a gospel that is a blend of Jesus, the Cross, and their Works. (commandment keeping, enduring to the end, holding onto their faith.....etc, etc, etc.)
      Legalism, a Legalist, will give lip service, = a false presentation of the Gospel.
      And the way they always do it, is by adding 10 commandment keeping, and lifestyle, as a PART of the Blood Atonement.
      In other words, the Legalist, who is usually not actually born again, but is very apt at speaking "christianese", and uses bible verses, and goes to different Christian fourms to annoy and create chaos......will always defend the LAW and 10 Commandments as "necessary" to be saved, instead of giving FULL CREDIT DUE, to the One who died on the Cross, who HIMSELF is Grace and Salvation.

Here is how you spot a lying legalist on a Christian forum.
      Its so easy.
      THis is how they "sound".

"Yes, i know that Christ is the savior......BUT".

"yes, i know that Jesus saves......BUT"

See that "but"? That is the sign of the Legalist.
      They can never EVER agree that Jesus and the Blood of Christ is all that God accepts to save you and keep you saved.
      They can't agree with this, because they do not believe it.

A Legalist, will always, add WORKS, 10 commandments", TO THE CROSS, and then they will all add LIFESTYLE, as well.., as this is how they are "working out their own salvation".
      The gospel of the legalist, is "faith + works".
      The Gospel of God is "The Cross".

See their problem?
      Its a BIG One.

A legalist sounds like this when they teach or preach....>."""now we know that Jesus saves, but, you ALSO have to ..........1. 2. ....3. 4.. 40.....do all this""

See all that?
      THAT IS Galatians 1:8
      THat is "cursed of GOD" theology and PERSON, because it is adding to the Cross, self righteous works, and this denies The Lord His full credit due, for Salvation.
      This offends God, who is Jesus on the Cross, and that is why there is a literal CURSE on anyone who teaches or preaches that ... "The Cross + Works, commandments, lifestyle" is the Gospel.....is Salvation.

How do YOU discover if you have fallen from Grace, and you are become a legalist. ??
      Very simple.
      You just answer this simple question.
      Q.) Do you believe that Jesus Christ keeps you saved?

I didnt ask you if He saved you.
      I asked you if you believe that He KEEPS You saved?

A Legalist is not being honest if they say yes, because a legalist believes that enduring to the end, keeping your faith, living a holy life, keeping the law and the 10 commandments, is what is keeping THEM saved., so that is why they preach this cursed of God gospel to others.
      So, be careful reader, as a legalist has deceived themselves, so, that is what they will also offer you.

B