• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I visited a new church on my (Church Adventure). During the sermon the pastor was talking about Salvation. And the one thing that threw me off guard was the fact that he said "Revelation IS Salvation" I know that when it comes to the book of Revelation. There is lots of symbolism, and meaning to the end of days with the rapture and the mark of the beast. He tried explaining Salvation in Revelation. But it is impossible for me to see Jesus giving Salvation when he returns since he is going to bring justice for his people and finish the wicked. I wanted to know your opinion on Salvation and if it in any way relates to the book of Revelation?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

The Book of Revelation is primarily (chapter 4 onward) about God's End Time judgments, and consequent reward or punishment, of all the various classes of people and spirits. Therefore, it primarily concerns those who have, or have not, obtained salvation. A far lesser number of people will obtain salvation during the era of judgments.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only source of salvation.

Hope this answers your question.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

14 hours ago, ChristianGirl7770 said:

But it is impossible for me to see Jesus giving Salvation when he returns since he is going to bring justice for his people and finish the wicked.

The Second Coming of Christ is yet future.  And He will indeed destroy the unbelieving and ungodly when He comes.  In the meantime, Revelation offers salvation to all who will believe and repent.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (Rev 1:3).

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. (Rev 22:17).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Perhaps he was speaking in terms of revelation as in God opening our understanding to His Word by His Holy Spirit and not so much as the last book of the Bible? This would be  at least a needed thing in bringing us to saving faith.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The last book of the Bible is entitled The Revelation of Jesus Christ.   It reveals Jesus in the first chapter as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the risen and glorified Son of God.  He is no longer a babe in the manger.  So it is seeing Jesus for Whom He is.   He also starts by judging the churches and admonishing them.   Then in Chapter 4 we see Him as the Lamb of God Who is worthy to open the seals.  When we look for Jesus in the Revelation of Jesus, it takes on a different slant.  We see Him as all powerful and triumphant.  In the end we see Him completely as our source and ruling in the new heavens, the new earth and the new Jerusalem.  It becomes a book of hope and salvation, not doom and gloom.  But I am not sure it is speaking of personal salvation here as much as Savior of the worlds including all who will come to Him.  Do I make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/8/2016 at 9:29 PM, ChristianGirl7770 said:

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I visited a new church on my (Church Adventure). During the sermon the pastor was talking about Salvation. And the one thing that threw me off guard was the fact that he said "Revelation IS Salvation" I know that when it comes to the book of Revelation. There is lots of symbolism, and meaning to the end of days with the rapture and the mark of the beast. He tried explaining Salvation in Revelation. But it is impossible for me to see Jesus giving Salvation when he returns since he is going to bring justice for his people and finish the wicked. I wanted to know your opinion on Salvation and if it in any way relates to the book of Revelation?

Salvation is given to us by divine Revelation of Jesus Christ revealing to us who the Son of God is as the eyes of our understanding on a personal level become open to what he did for us on the cross.  Being the sacrificial lamb who was slain for the sins of mankind on the cross and then accepting Christ body and shed blood as the sacrifice and atonement for our sins.  There are different time periods or dispensation to which God has divinely revealed his will to mankind.  Today we live in the dispensation of grace where we are saved through faith in Jesus work on the cross.  During Moses time under the dispensation of law people were saved by keeping the law of Moses in which God gave to them.   God divinely reveals his plan throughout the ages so they can be saved in those time periods on the earth such as the things recorded in the book of Revelation.   If a person takes the mark of the beast for example during the seven year tribulation period in their right hand or forehead or worships the beast they will be eternally doomed so one must resist the plans of the Anti-Christ and trust only in the God who made the heavens above and the earth beneath being Christ Jesus Himself. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 8/8/2016 at 8:29 PM, ChristianGirl7770 said:

Hey everyone,

There will be people saved during the tribulation.