• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, miracles said:

Nothing....I doubt Jesus would spare a thought re; the worldly T shirt but I think he would feel compassion for the wearer...:b:

That about sums it up.  It is not as bad as the daily use of "Jesus" and "Oh my God!" by those who don't know better.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

He might say Mark 12:17  And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The problem with using those verses were that Jesus was addressing completely different issues than what this t-shirt is doing.

There were times that people asked Jesus for something, expecting them to be as upset about the issue as they were, and He brushed it off.

One advantage that Jesus had in situation is that He knew the heart of the individual and knew how to direct His words into their heart.

So, I would like to know what is in this man's heart with regards to his belief about Jesus that he would promote a message like this? Dumping a pile of Scriptures on him that have no relevance to where his heart is at won't do any good. If I was less shy, I would want to talk to him about where he is with Jesus, and then converse with him about that. If he is a believer, then I'd point out the verses about how Jesus does live for you. If he is a partial believer, then a good Gospel message that would instruct him on the full measure of faith might do him some good. Etc.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 8/10/2016 at 8:33 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings

I tend to agree with Davida on the "What would Jesus say?".....We do have the heart & mind of Christ and by the Power of the Holy Spirit each on of us are of like mind & judgement ,it is not something WE would do or wear,it cannot possibly sit right with any one of us because our REDEEMER LIVES,He lives IN us & WITH us and FOR US......I think the T-Shirt is both irreverent & the message is not even good.......What would Jesus say?He just said it in 3 pages!

The Scriptures tell us that it is very wrong to peddle Scriptures for self gain or profit,in my opinion this is just as bad......I can appreciate what Jade had to contribute-"This Christian votes for Trump" ....... anyway,my 2 cents.......                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

And this Christian too Kwik. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 8/9/2016 at 3:32 PM, missmuffet said:

What would Jesus say about this t-shirt?

jesus-and-trump.png

Personally I don't think Jesus would say anything about it.  I think the Church however should be upset with comparing a mere mortal man with a "Resurrected Christ"  whoever the person or politician maybe.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1 hour ago, Thomas Kelly said:

If there is a need to say, I didn't say anything wrong, I put "What may you think after looking at what you may compare below ?"  I was testing.

Sorry, but I am not following your train of thought.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Thomas Kelly has been banned from this thread and will be issued a warning point for mockery and disruption.

God bless,

Steve

Edited by Steve_S