WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,084
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Millions of Americans may be drinking water with unsafe levels of industrial chemicals, according to a study published Tuesday in the journal Environmental Science & Technology Letters. These chemicals, known as polyfluoroalkyl and perfluoroalkyl substances or PFASs, have been linked to high cholesterol, obesity, hormone suppression -- and even cancer.

Introduced more than 60 years ago, PFASs are a category of man-made chemicals that degrade very slowly, if at all, in the environment.

"I do think that Americans should be concerned about these chemicals," said Susan M. Pinney, a professor in the department of environmental health at University of Cincinnati. Pinney, who did not participate in the new research, explained that not enough time has elapsed to understand all the long-term health effects of these toxins. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Oh great now if we drink the water were all going to die :blink:  wait  :13: I already knew this :thumbsup: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

My son and I have not drank tap water for quite some time. We only drink purified water with reverse osmosis and micro filtered. I only cook with this water as well.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Statistics show that 100% of people and animals that drink water in any form or purity dies.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

we are living about 15 years longer than when these things were first put to use in public....    Maybe they cause problems and maybe they let us live longer.....    who knows.  Our city water has a lot of particulates in it from the lakes we use to store it so we do filter our drinking water.

Guest shiloh357

Our water from the tap is pretty good, actually.  I still filter it and I save some up for emergencies.  I keep it treated so that it will be ready to drink.  One gallon per day per person for drinking purposes is a good rule of thumb.  Two gallons a day for drinking and hygene.  Pray it never comes to that.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Our water from the tap is pretty good, actually.  I still filter it and I save some up for emergencies.  I keep it treated so that it will be ready to drink.  One gallon per day per person for drinking purposes is a good rule of thumb.  Two gallons a day for drinking and hygene.  Pray it never comes to that.

we have a sixty gallon hot water tank we can use....   and Berkey Black filters for drinking and cooking use.   Those will even take viruses out of the water, but not liquids.  

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, other one said:

we have a sixty gallon hot water tank we can use....   and Berkey Black filters for drinking and cooking use.   Those will even take viruses out of the water, but not liquids.  

That's  a good idea.  I wish I had room for a good water tank.  I use 6 gallon water cans I got at Walmart.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

That's  a good idea.  I wish I had room for a good water tank.  I use 6 gallon water cans I got at Walmart.

those will work well if you keep the water treated....    some of those that are not made specifically for water storage get that plastic taste to them and I've always wondered how safe that is.....   Most bottled water gets that if you keep them for a long time...