is God impossible

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I want to believe in God, but there always one question that no one can answer. If God exists, who created God. How would it be possible for something to always exist? Everything must have a beginning. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

God is not only possible He is!  God had no beginning and He has no end.  That is what makes Him God.

The Bible tells us to walk by faith and not by sight.  I cannot explain it but I do know for a fact is HE IS and ALWAYS WILL BE.

I am totally secure in my knowledge of Him.  It's a matter of faith and fact for me.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Halderdon

Welcome to Worthy,glad you are here & I'm very glad to know that you WANT to Believe in God.....Praise Jesus,that is a great beginning

You are absolutely right,no one can answer the question"How could God AlWAYS HAVE EXISTED?" Impossible for us to give you an explanation ,especially with our finite minds.....how can we even begin to comprehend infinity? God is evident in all of His Creation,I am guessing this is how you see it,this amazing inexplicable vast universe and how everything worked so perfectly MUST have Grand Designer,the Creator.....that is the easy part,right?

It is indeed by FAITH that we know & are so sure without a shadow of doubt and very simply,Faith comes by Hearing the Word of God.....as we Believe every God Inspired Word of the Bible(by Faith) we know & trust our Lord,He Says He is the Great "I AM".....He is the Alfa & the Omega,there are heaps of Scriptures where He tells us exactly Who He is,the Infinite & Eternal God of ALL....Creator of everything

Have you ever read the Bible,can I ask WHY you want to Believe in God.....Do you know that by Believing in Him that you can get to know Him personally through Jesus Christ & really have a Relationship with Him?   He loves you & He Believes in you(He made you)!                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Halderdon21 said:

I want to believe in God, but there always one question that no one can answer. If God exists, who created God. How would it be possible for something to always exist? Everything must have a beginning. 

Logically, there must be an uncaused cause.   If not, then you have an infinite regression of causes and that is logically untenable.   God is the uncaused cause.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

But

And the same day, when the even was come, he said to them, Let us pass over to the other side. And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say to him, Master, care you not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said to them, Why are you so fearful? how is it that you have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him? Mark 4:35-41 (American King James Version)

With God

Jesus therefore again groaning in himself comes to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay on it. Jesus said, Take you away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, said to him, Lord, by this time he stinks: for he has been dead four days. Jesus said to her, Said I not to you, that, if you would believe, you should see the glory of God? Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank you that you have heard me. And I knew that you hear me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that you have sent me. And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with grave clothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus said to them, Loose him, and let him go. John 11:38-44 (American King James Version)

Nothing Is Impossible

Then said Jesus to his disciples, Truly I say to you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:23-26 (American King James Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

On 8/11/2016 at 8:44 AM, Halderdon21 said:

If God exists, who created God. How would it be possible for something to always exist? Everything must have a beginning. 

If God was created, who or what created God? And if something or someone created God, who or what was that created by? 

Trying to make sense out of God having no beginning is no more difficult than trying to make sense out of that.

• 11 months later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 Timothy 1:17 Now to the eternal king, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen.

Psa 90:2  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. 

Rev 1:8  "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." 

Draw a circle.  Pick a point on the circle follow it around and around -- forwards and backwards.  Where is its beginning -- where is its end?  Probably the simplest way to comprehend the eternal God we serve.

• Loved it! 2