IGNORED

The Elijah List -- Genuine Prophecies or Something Else?

Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Christians have been warned by the Lord Jesus Christ and His apostles that there will be many false prophets before the Second Coming of Christ.  But what of those who claim to speak *prophetically* when all they are really doing is expounding on Scripture (and sometimes misapplying it)?  While they cannot be called false prophets, they can be seen as Christians who misuse the term *prophecy* (which is direct revelation from God).

The Elijah List can be found on the internet, but when you go through these so-called *prophecies* what you find is simply thoughts which any Christian could have simply by reading the Word and observing world events.

So one lady recently claimed that she had a vision of the Eiffel tower being swallowed up by the earth prior to Bastille Day.  Had this been a true prophecy, the Eiffel tower should have literally been swallowed up (or at the very least totally demolished).  But that is not what happened, so this was not a true prophecy.

What was reported is that it was seriously damaged.  But the authorities and the media deliberately played this down as an accident, whereas in fact it was a terrorist attack meant to coincide with that in Nice. ISIS claimed responsibility, but that was dismissed as propaganda.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-propaganda-claims-bastille-day-8436376

Guest shiloh357

Modern Christians tend to glorify the office of prophet, but biblical prophets had a short life-expectancy.   It was never a desirable office in Bible times.  Prophets only showed up with bad news.  And it was really bad, bad news.   Bad enough that were often killed for their message.

Add to that, that anyone claiming to have a word from the Lord had better make sure their "word"  is 100% accurate and true.

I was reading an article by Rick Joyner (a self-proclaimed "prophet) who dismissed the requirement of 100% accuracy.   He argued that if modern prophets had to be 100% correct, they would be able to say anything at all.    To which I say, YES!  That's the point!   God does not inspire or transmit error, so if a "word" from the Lord isn't 100% accurate, it isn't from God. 

It would be far, far better to not say anything at all than to give a false word from the Lord.  You will be accountable for what you say in Jesus' Name and you don't want to give a false word in His Name.   I can't imagine standing before the Lord and having to be accountable for THAT.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,181
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Ezra,

Having been brought up is a fellowship from out of the Welsh revival, we believed in the 5 ascension ministries of Christ in His Body. Thus I am used to the ministry of the Prophet. These men of the Lord brought forth great prophetic words which revealed Christ in the midst revealing Himself to the Body. It was all about the Lord. Thus I see these so called Elijah prophets elevating themselves & actually exposing their own hearts - prophesying of their imaginations.

Note the OT Prophets were to the nations of Israel while the Prophets to the Body of Christ are for building up, edifying the Body to stimulate the Christ life within the believer. 

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,059
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I would not want to lift myself up to be something by term prophet... as Ezra and Shiloh have said the
responsibility level goes way up and accountability to the perverting of 'thus says The Lord' goes way
down :blink: way, way, down....

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Modern Christians tend to glorify the office of prophet...

This is even more so in Africa, where prophets come out of the woodwork all the time and are elevated beyond measure.  There was a incident back in 1991 where an African prophet decided that he would replicate Daniel in the lion's den.  He entered a zoo and went into the lion's den only to be torn to pieces. Had he not provoked the lions (and Daniel certainly would not have done so) he might have been spared.

As to what Marilyn mentioned regarding modern prophets, I believe that would be more akin to what pastors and teachers do today. Since the close of the book of Revelation, there can be no more actual prophecies as given to the prophets and apostles.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When Jesus said many will come and say "I am christ"  He did not mean people like Jim Jones or David Koresh that led people to believe that they themselves were the Christ..  What Jesus meant was that many will come that will confess that (Jesus) is the christ and will lead many astray.  What he meant was that at the (end) there will be preachers that will be (all about Jesus) and confessing that (He- Jesus of the bible is the Christ) ---- (BUT)  they will be instead of the (Devil) ..  They will preach about love and rapture before tribulation telling you a (Lie) so that you will be unprepared to escape it by prepping.  Any preacher that is teaching you to not worry if you confess Jesus as savior you will be transformed before a tribulation is the son of the father of lies..  You need to flee that church.. even if you have to sit (alone) by yourself and hold a church service of (one) in your home..  Even if you have family that say (You are crazy) and they go off to that church to worship anyway and listen to that preacher of satan-- You stay home and worship God..  the right way..   In the day of judgement many will be perplexed as they see (Those) they thought were certain to be saved - instead grabbed by destroying angels and cast before your eyes into the lake of fire...  Only a (Few) will make it into eternal life...  There will be a combination of weeping and repenting and also those cursing God and spitting and alll sorts of vile things by those who do not make it... The door will be closed when the 2 witnesses ressurect from the broadway square of the new city..  Anyone who tries to repent after that will not be allowed in

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, Eoreris said:

When Jesus said many will come and say "I am christ"  He did not mean people like Jim Jones or David Koresh that led people to believe that they themselves were the Christ..  What Jesus meant was that many will come that will confess that (Jesus) is the christ and will lead many astray.  What he meant was that at the (end) there will be preachers that will be (all about Jesus) and confessing that (He- Jesus of the bible is the Christ) ---- (BUT)  they will be instead of the (Devil) ..  They will preach about love and rapture before tribulation telling you a (Lie) so that you will be unprepared to escape it by prepping.  Any preacher that is teaching you to not worry if you confess Jesus as savior you will be transformed before a tribulation is the son of the father of lies..  You need to flee that church.. even if you have to sit (alone) by yourself and hold a church service of (one) in your home..  Even if you have family that say (You are crazy) and they go off to that church to worship anyway and listen to that preacher of satan-- You stay home and worship God..  the right way..   In the day of judgement many will be perplexed as they see (Those) they thought were certain to be saved - instead grabbed by destroying angels and cast before your eyes into the lake of fire...  Only a (Few) will make it into eternal life...  There will be a combination of weeping and repenting and also those cursing God and spitting and alll sorts of vile things by those who do not make it... The door will be closed when the 2 witnesses ressurect from the broadway square of the new city..  Anyone who tries to repent after that will not be allowed in

I agree.  You can't come in someone's name and also claim to be that person.  That's like saying, "I am here in the name of Jesus, and by the way, I am Jesus."  It doesn't make sense.

Essential preparation is knowing Jesus.  Its hearing His words and acting on them.  That's what gives wisdom and discernment.

• Followers:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 8/12/2016 at 11:48 AM, Ezra said:

Since the close of the book of Revelation, there can be no more actual prophecies as given to the prophets and apostles.

Surely you do not deny the return of Elijah the prophet, and the prophesying of the Two Witnesses, so perhaps you might want to explain this statement. It is certainly not biblical as it stands.

Said to John the Apostle:

Rev. 10:11 And he said to me, “You must prophesy again before many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.”

Hasn't happened yet so far as I know.

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Surely you do not deny the return of Elijah the prophet, and the prophesying of the Two Witnesses, so perhaps you might want to explain this statement.

You will note that I said "as given to the apostles and prophets". They received direct, authoritative revelations from God (whether foretelling or forth-telling). Their words in turn became Holy Writ. The return of Moses and Elijah would be the return of two witnesses who were ALREADY prophets in the true sense of the word.

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Hasn't happened yet so far as I know.

As applicable to the apostle John, this has been happening for about 2,000 years through the book of Revelation.

• Followers:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

14 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Said to John the Apostle:

Rev. 10:11 And he said to me, “You must prophesy again before many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.”

11 hours ago, Ezra said:

As applicable to the apostle John, this has been happening for about 2,000 years through the book of Revelation.

Bit of a stretch to say that "You must prophesy again" refers to the Book of Revelation.