ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

INSIDE -- Those born-again by the Holy Spirit (who comes inside) are not anointed.
John 14:16-23, Rom 8:11, 1 Cor 3:16, Gal 4:6, 2 Tim 1:14, 1 John 3:24, 1 John 4:12-16

UPON -- Those believers whom Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit (coming upon) are anointed.
Jesus anoints certain born-again believers with special spiritually-powerful ministries
(even such unheralded ones as prayer warriors, intercessors, etc.).
Such specially-anointed born-again believers have at least 1 of the 9 "spiritual power gifts"

in 1 Corinthians 12. (Throughout history, most church leaders without this baptism and power gifts have chosen to ignore them!)

Jesus promised this “baptism with the Holy Spirit” to the first believers
Luke 24:49 • “Behold, I send the Promise of My Father UPON you;
but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”

The translators assumed Jesus meant that “the Promise” (capital “P”) is the Holy Spirit,
but really Jesus was referring to this special baptism (see the small “p” in Acts 2:33 and 2:38).
Acts 1:4-8 • “He commanded them … to wait for the Promise of the Father …
‘you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now …
you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come UPON you’ ”

On the Day of Pentecost
Acts 2:3-4 • “Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire,
and one sat UPON each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit
and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave utterance.”

A few words (at least) spoken in tongues is the evidence of receiving this special baptism.

Peter explained what had just happened
Acts 2:33 • “Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from
the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.”

Notice the small “p” (here and below) refers to the baptism (and not the Holy Spirit).

Peter explains how people can have the same experience
Acts 2:38 • “Repent, and let every one of you be (water) baptized in the name of Jesus
Christ for the remission of sins: and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off …”

There is no mention at all in Acts up to this point about water baptism.
Both “the promise” and “the gift” refer to this “baptism with the Holy Spirit”,

re: the Day of Pentecost.
Peter, at this point, had NO understanding of the Holy Spirit coming INSIDE of believers.
There is no mention at all anywhere in Acts to my knowledge about the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Actually, Peter had NO idea of what had just happened ... for it was all in the spirit realm.

These Samarians had believed and had been water baptized
Acts 8:14-19 • “Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received
the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, who, when they had come down, prayed for
them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For as yet He had fallen UPON none of them. They had only been (water) baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. And when Simon saw that thru the laying on of the apostles'
hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, saying, “Give me this power also …”
Know anyone who showed spiritual power when they received the Holy Spirit and were born again?

Peter is involved in the first experience of Gentiles receiving the gift of the baptism with the Holy Spirit
Acts 10:44-48 • “the Holy Spirit fell UPON all those who heard the word. And the Jews who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out ON the Gentiles also. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then Peter answered, ‘Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?’ And he commanded them to be (water) baptized in the name of the Lord.”
These believers were infilled with the Holy Spirit at the same time as they were Spirit-baptized.
And to follow along after this experience, here we have the first mention of water baptism.

Peter recalls his experience with the Gentiles (above)
Acts 11:15 • “… the Holy Spirit fell UPON them, as UPON us at the beginning.
Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water,
but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ ”

Paul helps some disciples at Ephesus receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit
Acts 19:5-6 • “… they were (water) baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
And when Paul had laid hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came UPON them,
and they spoke with tongues and prophesied …”

In the 7 passages where it is specifically mentioned that the Holy Spirit came UPON believers,
these other items are also mentioned in various of the passages:
the promise, the gift, the baptism with the Holy Spirit, power, filled with the Holy Spirit,
speaking in tongues, laying on of hands, prophecy
Such things are not involved when believers receive the Holy Spirit INSIDE and are born-again.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

The "gift of the holy spirit", is simply a phrase that means we, the believers,  are given the Holy Spirit when we become born again, as it is the HS that actually regenerates our spirit man.

Its all a part of Salvation.....and the NT says that if you dont have the HSpirit, "you are none of his", (God's)....So, all believers, all born again believers have the HS inside you, as you are become the "temple of the Holy Spirit".

So, all believers receive the HS as a gift, just like the atonement is a gift, just like being born again is a gift, just like being redeemed is a Gift.... Its all given by God as a gift., as Salvation is a GIFT.

>THEN<, there is the "enabling for service", that is a secondary anointing that God gives to those He calls into the Ministry.

Not everyone gets this, as not everyone is called into the "5-fold ministry".

There is a secondary anointing required to be a Pastor or Evangelist or Apostle, etc.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Behold said:

The "gift of the holy spirit", is simply a phrase that means we, the believers,  are given the Holy Spirit when we become born again, as it is the HS that actually regenerates our spirit man.

Its all a part of Salvation.....and the NT says that if you dont have the HSpirit, "you are none of his", (God's)....So, all believers, all born again believers have the HS inside you, as you are become the "temple of the Holy Spirit".

So, all believers receive the HS as a gift, just like the atonement is a gift, just like being born again is a gift, just like being redeemed is a Gift.... Its all given by God as a gift., as Salvation is a GIFT.

>THEN<, there is the "enabling for service", that is a secondary anointing that God gives to those He calls into the Ministry.

There is a secondary anointing required to be a Pastor or Evangelist or Apostle, etc.

I agree :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

So does our New Testament !!

=

Thumbs-up-thumb-up-clip-art-at-vector-clip-art-2.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Behold said:

... there is the "enabling for service", that is a secondary anointing

that God gives to those He calls into the Ministry.

Yes, this has always God's Plan for His church.

But, this was squashed by the early mega-churches, the RCC and EOC.

Reason: some of the would-be leaders were NOT called by God

to be leaders or to have this baptism or to have any of the power gifts,

so they ignored all of this critically-important information for the church.

Of course, all of this was orchestrated by Satan himself.

If God's NT plan (preaching with signs and wonders) had been followed

... the whole world would have been evangelized centuries ago!

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The minute you are Born Again you are filled with the Holy Spirit.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Me too!

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

We used to say, We get all of Him, but does He have all of you?  A total surrender of every area of our lives is also necessary for service.  For some people this happens immediately.  But I gave God my problem areas, and when I saw how well He did with those I totally surrendered the rest of my life, which I only manage to make a mess of anyway.  That is when God gifted me for service and I was filled with overwhelming thanksgiving and joy.  For days I would awake at dawn and go outside with my Bible trying to find psalms and other passages that expressed the joy of knowing God so intimately.  

We are meant to produce rivers of Living Water which flow out from us to bless others.  We are not meant to be a pool or reservoir which can grow stagnant.  We are to bless others as we have been blessed and help others as we have been helped in our trials.  We are to love and forgive others out of the abundance of Christ's life within us.

Each of us is an individual and God deals with us according to our unique personalities.  Perhaps that is why Jesus compared the Holy Spirit with the wind.  We can see the effects of it but He the Holy Spirit has a mind of His own, moving when and where He pleases.  So He can't be put into a formula or a ritual as men are so prone to do.