IGNORED

More Than 20,000 Rescued, 6 Dead From Catastrophic Louisiana Floods; Federal Emergency Declared

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,080
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - More than 20,000 Louisiana residents have been rescued from their homes, and 12,000 are in shelters in the wake of historic, devastating flash flooding that led President Barack Obama on Sunday evening to declare a federal emergency in the state, authorities said. At least six people have died in the disaster.

Gov. John Bel Edwards said that 40,000 businesses and homes are without power and that rescue workers are still "bringing people out of homes to safety," particularly in the hardest-hit areas around Baton Rouge. More than 500 pets have also been rescued, according to authorities.

More than 30 inches of rain fell in southern Louisiana over the past week, causing waterways to surge, Manzo said. The biggest amount was in Watson, which was deluged with 31.4 inches of rain, according to the National Weather Service. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

33 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

14051806_1300776596608802_4593505046699011093_n.jpg

Soros' BLM money comes with stipulations on how it is to be spent, don't you see? And spending it on helping citizens of Baton Rouge doesn't advance his agenda.

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357
31 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Soros' BLM money comes with stipulations on how it is to be spent, don't you see? And spending it on helping citizens of Baton Rouge doesn't advance his agenda.

Blessings,

-Ed

Yes.  Black lives matter to everyone except the Black Lives Matter movement and their puppetmaster.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Changing the topic back to the OP - 

Having recently lived beside a catastrophic flash flood that wiped out the historic downtown of my county seat, I'm feeling a bit more sensitive to floods right now.

I am thinking of our flood, I am thinking of the state-wide West Virginia floods last month, and I am thinking of this Louisiana flood.

Someone I'm FB friends with shared a post written by someone living down there, rebuking the news media for sensationalism reporting and neglecting to tell the stories of residents helping each other. (He proceeded to list a bunch of specifics.)

I wish we all could focus on and share more of these stories. 

That's not to say I'm against people posting political stuff - after all, I do it too. But it would be nice if there could be more "bringing us together" stories. There's way too much division going on. :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Three or four years ago, my area had a catastrophic flood. I have never seen flooding like that in all my decades in this state.

The governor called a state of emergency. Obama administration denied funding it. My state is still being punished by the feds for john mccain running against him. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sad how the news media is always outraged at GOP injustices, failures, and the like, but never Democratic.

Sigh.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/20/2016 at 1:05 PM, nebula said:

Changing the topic back to the OP - 

Having recently lived beside a catastrophic flash flood that wiped out the historic downtown of my county seat, I'm feeling a bit more sensitive to floods right now.

I am thinking of our flood, I am thinking of the state-wide West Virginia floods last month, and I am thinking of this Louisiana flood.

Someone I'm FB friends with shared a post written by someone living down there, rebuking the news media for sensationalism reporting and neglecting to tell the stories of residents helping each other. (He proceeded to list a bunch of specifics.)

I wish we all could focus on and share more of these stories. 

That's not to say I'm against people posting political stuff - after all, I do it too. But it would be nice if there could be more "bringing us together" stories. There's way too much division going on. :(

Neb, I haven't seen these stories, even on my facebook feed....   I've looked for them but no one I have found is mentioning them....  I heard  Donald talking about how the people were helping each other but not a lot of stories that I assumed would be happening.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The story I posted about how blm is not helping folks in louisiana mentions how folks, black and white are helping their neighbors there. 

If it bleeds, it leads. Nice stories dont sell papers or ads. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

but this nation needs some really feel good news soooooo bad.