WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - The greater the persecution, the greater the revival. It’s a phrase Chinese Christians are using these days, and with good reason.

You’ve probably heard a lot about China in the news lately: How it’s threatening peace in the Pacific by building military bases on artificial islands. You’ve heard presidential candidates warn that China may soon overtake the U.S. as the leading global economic power. But what you probably didn’t realize is that China is ready to overtake the U.S. in another area: the size of its Christian population.

You see, despite years of often savage oppression, the church in China is growing by leaps and bounds.

Yu Jie, a writer and dissident from China, tells the story powerfully in the August issue of First Things magazine. Yu reports that since 1949, when the communists took over and Christian missionaries were expelled, the number of Christians in China has multiplied from half a million to more than 60 million today. If current growth rates continue, “by 2030, Christians in China will exceed 200 million … making China the country with the largest Christian population in the world.” [ Source ]

View the full article

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

Blame the Rapture

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I would think cause more evil in the world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If Hillary wins the election there may not be a US...  replaced with a North American Union

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

7 minutes ago, other one said:

If Hillary wins the election there may not be a US...  replaced with a North American Union

Mexico would latch on to us fast, if for no other reason than to get money. But what incentive is there for canada to latch on to us? Especially if mexico is part of the deal. Why would anyone want a union with a country that is in shambles with civil war (not that the media has noticed), drug cartels killing people in the thousands, and an economy so bad it makes other third world nations look rich?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

If our world is still around as we know it by then. I can not imagine the way it will look then by the way our world is going now :unsure:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, other one said:

That may be true but it is in God's hands. :D

Guest Robert
5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Mexico would latch on to us fast, if for no other reason than to get money. But what incentive is there for canada to latch on to us? Especially if mexico is part of the deal. Why would anyone want a union with a country that is in shambles with civil war (not that the media has noticed), drug cartels killing people in the thousands, and an economy so bad it makes other third world nations look rich?

Answer: rampant mass insanity? :lol:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

hi

Some personal thoughts :

And .... Please please understand that I mean no offence to anyone.  But I think that maybe I might be reading this article a bit differently than some perhaps.

To me I think it is wonderful that Christianity is growing around the world ..and that more people in China.. many of whom perhaps might have never heard the gospel before.. are finally hearing the gospel ..and hopefully getting to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.  To me this is wonderful news!

Also on a side note :  In terms of population.. some countries such as China have a much larger population than the USA....  So even if sometime in the future the number of Christians in China reach 200 million .. that is still a minority out of more than 1 billion population....  However regardless of statistics.. it is still wonderful news that more people are finally hearing the gospel !

However when I read the title of the thread - I wonder if the emphasis in the title almost seems like being on the USA not being number 1?   Rather than more specific about China?  Or maybe it is just how the title is phrased to catch attention ?  I dunno.  But it is a bit confusing to me. 

To me I think it would be wonderful if more people in both countries .. both the USA and China ..were to finally know the Lord.  Surely Christians would be happy for their brethren in both countries?

Just my personal thoughts and opinions.  Once again no offence intended to anyone truly.  And thank you.

-

Edited by just_abc

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

15 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Mexico and Canada have already agreed to the concept when Bush was pushing it.  All part of the globalists view of a world government.  They divided the world up into ten areas and started doing whatever to make it happen.......  and announced it in 1972.  GAT-NAFTA all part of it....  totally open borders and conforming laws and regulations to all match.

The new age part of it makes no bones about telling you that the tribal are setting up the structure for the Antichrist....  we'll if they think you are an insider or seriously thinking about joining them.