• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Amore_Amibo said:

God created us as spiritual beings. However, to what extent do unbelievers have a spirit, if they even have one at all? Are they basically alive on the outside (flesh/body), but completely dead and empty on the inside (spirit)?

Good Question, how about rephrasing it just a tiny bit?  Why do Regimes of Genocide typically have strong religious ties to the cult or other non-christian religions (weather that is historical holocaust, or modern day terrorism) ... ... ... ... Humans are the only Creatures, created with "Spirituality" (Brain Wave Associations to specific Logical Thought Patterns, connected to a Unified Theological Set, such as the Bible).  Because we are created with "Spirituality", it becomes unproductive to identify with that "Spirituality", and remove mercy from the Human Condition and Human Experience.

(Unforgivable Sin of Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit .................... First All Sin of Man or People are not Arbitrarily Paid for, Jesus withered the Fig Tree ....................... Secondarily, The Temple is Holy (Human Experience and Human Condition), when God condemns people of destroying his temple, he refuses payment for their sin with Jesus, Jesus claimed God would destroyed the Holy Temple before he was crucified.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

Everyone has a spirit

Ecclesiastes 12:7King James Version (KJV)

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

1 Corinthians 2:11King James Version (KJV)

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Yes

The soul and the spirit are connected, but separable (Hebrews 4:12). The soul is the essence of humanity’s being; it is who we are. The spirit is the aspect of humanity that connects with God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

i agree that they have one.

• 5 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  30
  • Birthday:  03/13/1965

On 8/17/2016 at 0:21 PM, Amore_Amibo said:

God created us as spiritual beings. However, to what extent do unbelievers have a spirit, if they even have one at all? Are they basically alive on the outside (flesh/body), but completely dead and empty on the inside (spirit)?

Yes to all. Unbelievers have a spirit as well but it is dead. Taking in the living Word brings life to that spirit and reconnects us with God since the original sin severed that connection .

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 8/17/2016 at 6:21 PM, Amore_Amibo said:

They have a spirit, but not the Holy Spirit

We receive the Spirit once we believe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 8/17/2016 at 1:21 PM, Amore_Amibo said:

There was a similar question i replied to when i first joined here and as i was browsing through the thread, i decided  to reply as i had read a book that gave some insights in depth which i thought was a good read.  I did not pay attention to the date of the thread as it was about three years old and someone had brought it back.  In my reply i mentioned that book and let;s say the thread took a different turn as the person i replied to objected to books and said all he needed was the bible.  Sometimes commentaries and concordance and authors helps one to understand or enlightens him to see something that he has missed or give a different view of a study subject.  It's the reader that has to come to a conclusion if it lines up with scripture.

Well i am going to mention the same book here and take an excerpt from one of the chapter.   I will mention the book and who wants to have a read , it is available free on the web pdf format to download.  People should realize, it is a choice, you can either reject, ignore or have a read.  There should be no arguments about reading a book, you can browse and comment , this is what freedom of speech is all about.  If  it contains errors, then it should be pointed out .  Some has varied opinions of the author below, but that is left up to him and he can make his point known or point our why. 

Title of the book is   

The Spiritual Man 

by
WATCHMAN NEE

It is imperative that a believer know he has a spirit, since, as we shall soon learn, every communication of God with man occurs there. If the believer does not discern his own spirit he invariably is ignorant of how to commune with God in the spirit. He easily substitutes the thoughts or emotions of the soul for the works of the spirit. Thus he confines himself to the outer realm, unable ever to reach the spiritual realm.
1 Corinthians 2.11 speaks of “the spirit of the man which is in him.”
1 Corinthians 5.4 mentions “my spirit.”
Romans 8.16 says “our spirit”
1 Corinthians 14.14 uses “my spirit.”
1 Corinthians 14.32 tells of the “spirits of prophets.”
Proverbs 25.28 refers to “his own spirit.” Darby
Hebrews 12.23 record “the spirits of just men.”
Zechariah 12.1 states that “the Lord . . . formed the spirit of man within him.”
The above Scripture verses sufficiently prove that we human beings do possess a human spirit. This spirit is not synonymous with our soul nor is it the same as the Holy Spirit. We worship God in this spirit.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

When you look in a mirror you see a reflection. That reflection is your physical body, it's not the you living in that body, the part of you that has feelings like joy, sorrow, excitement, love etc. That part is what is often referred to in the bible as your spirit. This is where you need to understand that sometimes it is referring to your spirit as opposed to your physical body in that sense it is referring to your spiritual side. 

Within your spiritual side you have a soul and a spirit where you make specific decisions, this is where you get a second understanding of what the word "spirit" is referring to. The only way to understand the difference between these two meanings of spirit is to read the context in which the word is being used. Again, one is referring to the spiritual side of a human in general compared to the other referring to something specific within that spiritual side.

1 Corinthians 2: 11 gives us a good insight to the difference between the spirit and the soul It is telling us that our spirit knows our thoughts, there is a separation between our thoughts and our spirit, our soul and our spirit.

You will also see in that verse that the same thing applies to God, only his Spirit (note the capital S, this is a 3rd reference to spirit but to God) knows the thoughts of God.

God created us in His image and we work the same way.

As we see in the first of Genesis, God thought to create, his Spirit knew what He wanted to do, and shared it with the Son who brought it into existence.

We do the same thing, we have a thought, we choose how we are going to create something through our spirit then we physically create it.

Here's my answer to your question and it has been alluded to in some of the other answers here;

The next verse in the Corinthians passage talks about Christians, people that have accepted Christ as Lord and savior, they receive God's SPIRIT and as a result a "new" spirit, a new born Spirit...they are born again. There is a new life in them, and if you go on to read the rest of the Corinthians passage you will see that they are then able to understand the things of God.

Gods Spirit within me has opened my communication with him and has given me new choices, rather than responding to things the way the world around me tells me to, I now have a connection to the thoughts of God through his Holy spirit LIVING within me and I can seek Him to guide me as a true loving Lord. I am now alive in relationship with God.

Before that, as being separated from and not being in the family of God, my spirit was dead, only knowing to follow the world, unable to enjoy the blessings of knowing I am comfortably in the loving hands of God. 

In Romans 7:15 Paul talks about the struggle he has trying to follow God and do what he knows is right and desires to do. His spirit, where he is making his decisions, every once in a while seeks to do things in a worldly and selfish way rather than follow what Gods Spirit is telling him is right. Paul gets rather exasperated, as we all do.

Thing is....you can't help but grow spiritually and become more Christ like when you have Gods Spirit in you.

Mike

Edited by Mike 2

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15

Yes Antichrist spirit until their saved and it's replaced with the holy spirit

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

All things (including all people) are a manifestation of things on high - meaning: all things (including all people) are spirit. But that is not the real question. The real question is, are unbelievers "alive" or "living spiritually?" And the answer is, No.