• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/18/2016 at 1:10 PM, ScarletStormBreaker said:

I have a Bible, it's the New Kings James Version in hardcover with big font. I also have an app that has an audio version of the Bible built in. But, I am having some trouble understanding it on my own. 

That's what the spirit is for, we are told to ask for it.

• 1 month later...
Guest BacKaran

Hi Scarlett

John MacArthur has a great study bible too.

The evidence bible by Ray Comfort is also good, enjoy!

Blessings

Karan?

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:01 AM, ScarletStormBreaker said:

Hello, I just joined this site and I am looking for someone to discuss and teach me about Christianity. I'm a seventeen year old female who is soon to be a high school senior. Growing up I never had much time to hear about God and Jesus, right now I'm not sure if I would consider myself Christian either. I am looking for someone to help learn and discuss with me Christianity. I ask only that you be open to me asking questions, and try to be patient if there are things I don't quite understand. I will be respectful as long as you are also respectful to me. I'm looking to learn, so I really hope someone is willing to lend me a helping hand. I will give out my email address if you request it, so long as I believe you will not send, me spam or malware. Thank you for reading my post and I hope you will respond.

I know this was posted in August but I hope you are still here.

I wanted to suggest a couple of youtube sites that you can also learn a lot from. Look up stuff on Chuck Swindoll and Charles Stanley (both very strong spirit filled Christians who are very knowledgeable) and there is also a good site called the Trinity Channel with hundreds of shows posted on its Youtube channels.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, abram said:

That's what the spirit is for, we are told to ask for it.

Yes but that is also what God put US here for too, to help guide the seekers. So don't brush her off

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Matrix

I think Scarlet may have brushed us off,I do hope she comes back,.,,,,,its been a while                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

On 8/18/2016 at 3:01 AM, ScarletStormBreaker said:

Hello, I just joined this site and I am looking for someone to discuss and teach me about Christianity. I'm a seventeen year old female who is soon to be a high school senior. Growing up I never had much time to hear about God and Jesus, right now I'm not sure if I would consider myself Christian either. I am looking for someone to help learn and discuss with me Christianity. I ask only that you be open to me asking questions, and try to be patient if there are things I don't quite understand. I will be respectful as long as you are also respectful to me. I'm looking to learn, so I really hope someone is willing to lend me a helping hand. I will give out my email address if you request it, so long as I believe you will not send, me spam or malware. Thank you for reading my post and I hope you will respond.

I don't know if your still following the thread but I'm always happy to discuss the gospel and the Scriptures with those interested in learning more. I was what they call 'unchurched' when I became a Christian, learned a lot about the Bible simply from reading it. In my mind there are two requirements for being a Christian, first God must bring you under conviction for sin. Once that is established then you must hear, understand and receive the gospel. Someone advised you to try Ephesians 1 and that is perhaps the best doctrinal statement in a concise form, John 3 is commonly understood as the gospel in a nut shell. There is just one thing I would advise and this is from personal experience, you should simply pray God if this is real I need to you show me. If you wholeheartedly want to know the truth God will show it to you.

I would suggest that the best introduction to the life and work of Christ that John's Gospel is perhaps the most personal and direct. It's mostly discussions of Jesus with individuals and groups. Admired for it's theology John's Gospel is about as close as you going to get to a dialogue with Jesus. Books like the Psalms and Job have some pretty interesting things for someone new to the Scriptures but Esther and Daniel have some pretty straightforward story lines, fairly interesting reading and loaded with all kinds of insights into the work of God during redemptive history.

Any questions or concerns feel free to contact me, it's always very interesting to get a new perspective on Scripture from someone being exposed to it for the first time.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Edited by thilipsis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Hey Scarlet,

The most powerful physical thing you can have is the bible. May I suggest you find a store that sells bibles....it would be nice if they had some chairs there. Grab a bible off the shelf and read some of it, if you're not comfortable with it, put it back and grab another version. I took 4 hours choosing my 1st bible comparing the different ones and what I liked until I picked the one I still have to this day. I'm not saying it will take that long for you but I am saying find one you are comfortable with.

My wife would not read a bible until I got her a copy of THE MESSAGE. it is worded in modern English and is able to get the main point across. Other people prefer different additions....FIND THE ONE THAT HELPS YOU GET INTO READING IT. 

The last thing, while you are reading seek to keep God in your thoughts asking Him for understanding.

May I suggest the first thing you look up is James 1:5-6. Its not an if or a maybe, you just have to want.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Still no Scarlett guys(September)..............I hope your're reading Scarlett