• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1999

Hello, I just joined this site and I am looking for someone to discuss and teach me about Christianity. I'm a seventeen year old female who is soon to be a high school senior. Growing up I never had much time to hear about God and Jesus, right now I'm not sure if I would consider myself Christian either. I am looking for someone to help learn and discuss with me Christianity. I ask only that you be open to me asking questions, and try to be patient if there are things I don't quite understand. I will be respectful as long as you are also respectful to me. I'm looking to learn, so I really hope someone is willing to lend me a helping hand. I will give out my email address if you request it, so long as I believe you will not send, me spam or malware. Thank you for reading my post and I hope you will respond.

Edited by ScarletStormBreaker

Guest Robert

Welcome to worthy, ScarletStormBreaker. :) Please feel free to ask; we have a Q &A forum here and we'll do our best to answer your questions.

Thank you, I'm still learning how to use this site 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Scarlet welcome to worthy. While you can find much help here, can I recommend that you get a good Bible and a good marker and do a lot of reading yourself.  Personally I get more out of things by listening to mp3 files. If you want to email I can do that, my address is in my profile.

I have a Bible, it's the New Kings James Version in hardcover with big font. I also have an app that has an audio version of the Bible built in. But, I am having some trouble understanding it on my own. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

10 hours ago, ScarletStormBreaker said:

Hello, I just joined this site and I am looking for someone to discuss and teach me about Christianity. I'm a seventeen year old female who is soon to be a high school senior. Growing up I never had much time to hear about God and Jesus, right now I'm not sure if I would consider myself Christian either. I am looking for someone to help learn and discuss with me Christianity. I ask only that you be open to me asking questions, and try to be patient if there are things I don't quite understand. I will be respectful as long as you are also respectful to me. I'm looking to learn, so I really hope someone is willing to lend me a helping hand. I will give out my email address if you request it, so long as I believe you will not send, me spam or malware. Thank you for reading my post and I hope you will respond.

Welcome to Worthy, happy to have you join us.

Blessings. RustyAngeL

Thank you, so far my experience with this site has been good. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, ScarletStormBreaker said:

Hi and welcome.

I tried to disprove the Bible for many years and the more I studied it the more I began to realise it is the Word of God.

Over forty different authors wrote the sixty six books of the Bible during a period of 1,800 years; and they all had one theme. The creation and redemption of the human race by God through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

These books of the Bible were written by men from all walks of life such as Kings, Priests, Judges, lawyers, Princes, Shepherds, Soldiers, Courtiers, Statesmen, Musicians, Inventors, Singers, Poets, Preachers, Prophets, Fishermen, Farmers, Tentmakers, Publicans, Physicians, Rich men and Poor men.

They were written in various lands of three continents, Europe, Asia, and Africa. They were written in different ages and by many men, some who never saw each other or knew what the others wrote on the same subjects, yet when their writings were all assembled into one book, there is not one contradiction among them.

Suppose forty medical men, each in a different land and age, would write just forty books on how to cure a disease, what kind of cure would such a collection make?

How much unity would one find among their writings?

Collect together forty books of man on any subject and one will find many contradictions and controversies among the authors.  Who but a divine author could produce such a work through men?

"The Bible is God's inspired revelation of the origin and destiny of all things. It is the power of God unto eternal salvation and it is the source of present help for the body, soul, and spirit (Rom. 1:16; John 15:7). It is God's will and testament to men in all ages, revealing the plan of God for man here and now and in the next life. It is the record of God's dealings with man; past, present, and future. It contains God's message of eternal salvation to all people who believe in Christ and of eternal damnation to those who knowingly and willingly rebel against the gospel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Welcome :) We also have a chat room where you can get some real-time Q&A. Like Robert said, there is a Q&A section where you can ask a question and get multiple answers.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

welcome to worthy construction 255.jpg
The learning of God's Word must be the most important aspect of Life for the living.... God says this to you

Jer 29:11-13
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
2 Tim 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of tru
2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

Love, Steven