Ariel16

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

The TITLE is "Authority of the husband".   That is basically what I posted about.

How to deal with all the things you mention is also in TORAH,  without disregarding (and without disobeying) any of YHWH'S WORD.

When , as it does,  the whole world rejects YHWH'S WORD (and YHWH'S Authority,  then nothing is right nor good.

YHWH did not ignore any of the things you mention.   

HIS WAY is PERFECT and COMPLETE,  lacking in nothing. 

When anyone turns to YHWH,  when anyone comes to JESUS,  HE does not turn them away,  but shows them the right way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't remember if I have posted in this thread or not so I will.

Husbands are commanded to love their wives as he has loved the church.

So if you are not putting your wife first in your life and taking care of her even at the point of giving your life, you have no authority over anything for you are not Christs and you have none of the authority he gave to his followers.

i don't know a woman in the world that would not submit to a husband living like that.

This is a two way street.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Php 2:4  Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

Php 2:5  Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

Php 2:6  who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

Php 2:7  but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

Php 2:8  And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Php 2:9  Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,

Php 2:10  that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,

Php 2:11  and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Husbands who serve their families by providing for them financially as well as providing a safe environment for their wife and children that is full of love and righteousness, usually lead by example.  They provide good godly examples for their children and provide an environment in which their wives are eager to serve them in gratitude.  It is the same way in which we are eager to serve God in gratitude for  His demonstrating His love by the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins and His making us one of his own children.  We respond to the love first given to us freely.  

I have known an autocrat who treated his family as  slaves.  When I was a guest in the home, he clapped his hands and ordered us to empty his car of packages and groceries.  Normally he didn't converse with his family, whom he believed were his lessers.  They were there to jump and obey when he spoke.  Then he would withdraw to his den.  He was German, but my German great grandfather was the same way.  The family did all the work on the farm while he visited with his friends.  I don't think this was God's intent.  Were he leading by example he would be working along side them teaching them, and also teaching by example in attitude, righteousness, kindness and loving mercies.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/19/2016 at 3:09 AM, Ariel16 said:

Now I noticed this was debated already, but I want to know what everyone else thinks about that debate and express their views on the "Authority of a Husband." What is the biblical view of the husband and the wife?

Something a smart man accepts the responsibility for though he dread it. 

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 8/19/2016 at 11:56 AM, Ezra said:

One would expect that given the clear teaching of Scripture, this was non-debatable.  But it is.  The short answer is that the husband is the authority over his wife, just as Christ is the authority over His wife (the Church).  See Ephesians 5. This is God-given authority, not to be abused but to be used to glorify God, and to provide the wife (and children) with the spiritual leadership within the home.

I appreciate your answer. I think at times we can allow things to become complicated and they were never meant to be. 

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks Davida. I am still new here, does Ezra not post any more?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:19 PM, GoldenEagle said:

Which graphic 1 (Complimentary View), 2 (Patriarchal View), 3 (Church Leadership View), or 4 (Feel free to add your own) do you agree with the most? Why?

Umbrella of Protection 1a.jpg Umbrella of Protection 2.jpg Umbrella of Protection 3.jpg

It's not that complicated yet it depends on how you view Scripture.

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

When Jesus lived, trained, taught, led, and was an example (perfectly) on earth,

He did not use any such device.    He obeyed His parents first while growing up,  and was raised right.

Later, He always spoke and spoke just as He saw and heard His Heavenly Father Abba Yhwh speak , and what He saw the Father do, He did.

That is also what He trained and taught His disciples to do,  all of them who remained with Him and were immersed in His Name.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

6 hours ago, Davida said:

Thanks for posting this Annette!!  I miss Ezra, his posts were a real asset to this Forum.

Is Ezra not here anymore, Davida?  Where did he go?

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Is Ezra not here anymore, Davida?  Where did he go?

I was wondering the same thing. I miss his post.