spark

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Am I wrong for wanting more God than social talk. I've learned that he's real and that is all that I desire .is it because I'm dumb or will I become like so many and just take him for granted?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "social talk," but desiring God comes first and foremost. With that said, if you have truly received God, he begins working in and through you. You can no longer stay silent. You see lost and hurting people, as you once were, and are compelled to speak to them about the joy and salvation you've found, with the hopes that they, too, might be saved. God gives us salvation and offers us a relationship with him not just for our own benefit, but so that we might work to see others come to Him as well.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Spark ,  you sound like me ,when I go away with fellow Christians , I can't wait to take out my bible and have a Bible study , they can last for days , I love to hear about the things God has been doing in their lives ? How they met ? and dozens of other questions , In our Christian walk there are times life's problems and minutiae draw our thoughts away from Jesus , this happens , but he draws us back .

Find a church and friends who feel the way you do , they're out there .

God bless you luv

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, spark said:

Am I wrong for wanting more God than social talk. I've learned that he's real and that is all that I desire .is it because I'm dumb or will I become like so many and just take him for granted?

You maintain a strong relationship with anyone that you spend time with.

This is the key to keeping God "fresh" in your life and in your heart.

= bible reading, = prayer time = praise time = Christian music, = do things every day with God, just like you would with your best friend, and the relationship wont grow cold or stale or distant.

Do you have any flowers or plants?....If you do then what happens when you dont water them?

This is the same as your relationship with God and Christ........the "watering" is the time you invest in being with them , which includes those things i listed.

Water the relationship all the time.....all the TIME....!

Edited by Behold

Guest Thallasa
On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 5:18 AM, spark said:

No you are not wrong as it is in Relationship with God that we find ourselves ,and finally what He wants from us . He heals us when we spend private time with Him ,and we need this very much.

After some time you will feel stronger ,and perhaps begin to go to join others .One of the problems for Christians is this lack of internal communing with God -those who don't have enough of it are superficial in their relations with all others, and with life itself .

Edited by Thallasa

Guest Thallasa
1 hour ago, Behold said:

You maintain a strong relationship with anyone that you spend time with.

This is the key to keeping God "fresh" in your life and in your heart.

= bible reading, = prayer time = praise time = Christian music, = do things every day with God, just like you would with your best friend, and the relationship wont grow cold or stale or distant.

Do you have any flowers or plants?....If you do then what happens when you dont water them?

This is the same as your relationship with God and Christ........the "watering" is the time you invest in being with them , which includes those things i listed.

Water the relationship all the time.....all the TIME....!

:)

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The hard trials that come with life draw us close to Him again.  We learn to surrender and commit them to God and search the bible to see what the Scriptures have to say about the situation.  We ask God for wisdom as to what to do.  We ask Him for guidance in whom to marry, how to raise kids, jobs, finances etc.  God wants us to depend on Him.  To believe means to cling to, adhere to, trust in, rely upon.  

I know people who withdraw from everyone when they go through hard times or face problems.  It is because they think it is safer not to trust anyone.  But God is the one we are supposed to trust in. If we don't trust in Him we don't have true faith.  

Our pastor laughs because after he turned from sin and to God, and developed a daily relationship with Christ, his family and friends said that it was just another fad and it will pass.  He has served God for 40 years now.  People who take God for granted probably have never discovered how real God is and how intimate He can be with us.  They have never learned to hear His voice and walk with Him.  Perhaps they have kept Him at an intellectual distance.  But I have to warn you that feelings come and go.  That is one of the trials, to stick to Him when we don't have feelings and don't seem to be able to hear Him.  That is when I keep on doing the things I have learned in the past I should be doing.  I continue to pray, read God's Word, go to church and rely on Christ in me to love and forgive others.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

No, you are not wrong. And you are certainly not dumb.

Fellowship with Christians is more than just a social thing. We need to encourage and build each other up, hold each other accountable, and correct in love when needed. Maybe you could try starting a conversation about deeper things or asking questions.

As far as taking things for granted or growing complacent, make the commitment not to do so. Never grow tired of thanking and praising God or growing in your faith. Stay committed to prayer, reading the Word, and fellowship.

Edited by seraph

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No there is nothing wrong with wanting more God in our discussions.  He should be first and foremost in our thoughts and lives.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings spark

I'm not sure what you are asking really?Discovering that God is REAL is the Beginning of the Relationship afforded us by Jesus through our Faith in His Finished Work on the Cross,by the Grace of God we have been RECONCILED,reconciliation is the start of RELATING,COMMUNING with God in Christ,if this is ALL you desire then so it shall be.......and it gets better & better & better & better 

Social talk? If you mean talking ABOUT God,things Eternal,Faith etc.... with others,well it is a good thing but the Relationship between YOU & God is yours alone,personal,individual & intimate.....it is KNOWING HIM,not knowing ABOUT Him....                      Praise & Glory to God!                     With love-in Christ,Kwik