IGNORED

excuses

creativemechanic

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Yes, the Chinese and the Russians and even Iranians are have done that.  What they have not done is sit in a building for an hour 3 times a week and have someone tell them what the bible says.  What they did is much closer to what I do than to what you and your church do.  But by your standaard they don't love the Lord. 

Actually, they have church for about 6 six hours in one day and that is considered a short day.  They meet in a centralized location, not necessarily in homes.  I have seen the footage shown by missionaries to China.   Their services go on all day on Sundays and that includes preaching.   And they do it at great risk to their own lives.   They also meet in homes, but that is supplemental to the weekly services.  And by my standard they love Jesus far more than probably most of us.   By their standard we are spoiled and lazy and uncommitted.   It's why the Church in China is sending missionaries to the United States. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, they have church for about 6 six hours in one day and that is considered a short day.  They meet in a centralized location, not necessarily in homes.  I have seen the footage shown by missionaries to China.   Their services go on all day on Sundays and that includes preaching.   And they do it at great risk to their own lives.   They also meet in homes, but that is supplemental to the weekly services.  And by my standard they love Jesus far more than probably most of us.   By their standard we are spoiled and lazy and uncommitted.   It's why the Church in China is sending missionaries to the United States. 

And I have spoken with Iranians that are Christians and they would meet in houses and sit around the table and discuss the Word of God with each other.  Speak for yourself about being spoiled and lazy, my friends and I have been known to go well into the next day after starting with dinner, in our discussions of biblical topics.  It is a much more effective way to learn than what passes for church in this country. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Out of the Shadows said:

And I have spoken with Iranians that are Christians and they would meet in houses and sit around the table and discuss the Word of God with each other.  Speak for yourself about being spoiled and lazy, my friends and I have been known to go well into the next day after starting with dinner, in our discussions of biblical topics.  It is a much more effective way to learn than what passes for church in this country. 

I didn't say anyone is spoiled and lazy, it's the underground church in China who thinks that and they have had risk more their faith than you and I ever have.  They don't drum up silly, selfish pseudo-spiritual reasons for not being in Church.  They actually impact the world for Jesus.  They actually bear fruit. They don't sit just sit around a table. 

18 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I didn't say anyone is spoiled and lazy, it's the underground church in China who thinks that and they have had risk more their faith than you and I ever have.  They don't drum up silly, selfish pseudo-spiritual reasons for not being in Church.  They actually impact the world for Jesus.  They actually bear fruit. They don't sit just sit around a table. 

I guess I could be sitting in a pew three hours a week nodding my head and saying amen every now and then, that is so very impactful.

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

Must be amazing to have been in every Church in America and have such personal knowledge of all the followers of Christ and especially the Pastors, to speak with such assurity and disdain for them all.  

I've heard it said that sheep without a shepherd are sometimes, found to be not sheep at all. 

I have a shepherd, His name is Jesus, perhaps you have heard of Him.

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

How is all that different from a college debate class? Do you have room for the grandmas and slow learners like me?

Besides doctrinal fellowship aren't we to also have corporate worship, testimonies, prayers, breaking of bread etc?

Acts 2:42 KJVS
[42] And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

We have room for anyone that wants to join.  It is different in that no one is trying to win, just discuss and learn from each other.

We get together at other times to do things together, be it fishing or golfing or just waking in the woods.  we always have food involved, so there is plenty of bread being broken. 

The problem with so many people is they take a verse like the one you gave and try to squeeze it all into a Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

Just speaking in general terms, it can be the case.

If they are not sheep, what are they?

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I guess I could be sitting in a pew three hours a week nodding my head and saying amen every now and then, that is so very impactful.

Which demonstrates a shallow view of what being in church is.  It's not about sitting in a pew.  It's about being a part of God's mission to the world and participating in that mission in practical ways that actually benefit the world and make an eternal impact.   Sitting around a table and discussing "biblical topics" isn't being in community the way Jesus envisioned.   It's about bearing fruit in ways that can be measured in the world.   Sitting around a table does nothing, produces no fruit and judging from your constant  combative, cynical attitude it demonstrates just how meaningless your table discussions (if you even really have them) are.

The problem lies with wanting a relationship with God, but wanting it on your terms.  It doesn't work that way.

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, Davida said:

Must be amazing to have been in every Church in America and have such personal knowledge of all the followers of Christ and especially the Pastors, to speak with such assurity and disdain for them all.  

I've heard it said that sheep without a shepherd are sometimes, found to be not sheep at all. 

It all goes back to excuses.   They have pretend that they have some vaulted, pseudo-spiritual reason for not going to church.   The truth is that people living in sin don't want to go to church because when you know you're not living for God, the last place you want to be and the last people you want to be around are people who are actually living for the Lord.   So, they find others who are just like them, living in rebellion, in order to sate their conscience and help them justify their sin.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Which demonstrates a shallow view of what being in church is.  It's not about sitting in a pew.  It's about being a part of God's mission to the world and participating in that mission in practical ways that actually benefit the world and make an eternal impact.   Sitting around a table and discussing "biblical topics" isn't being in community the way Jesus envisioned.   It's about bearing fruit in ways that can be measured in the world.   Sitting around a table does nothing, produces no fruit and judging from your constant  combative, cynical attitude it demonstrates just how meaningless your table discussions (if you even really have them) are.

The problem lies with wanting a relationship with God, but wanting it on your terms.  It doesn't work that way.

Have you been spying on me and my friends?  Do you know what we do outside of that time around the table?  Do you know about our volunteer work, or our financial support for community, and global, entities doing the work of God?   This is just more of the brainwashing from the western church, "those that are not sitting here with us in our pews, are not doing any works for the Lord".  of course nothing could be further from the truth, but it is what has been taught to people in this country for the last 100 years, so you don't really know any better. 

The problem lies in believing a relationship with God runs through a church first.  It does not work that way.