creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going to do a skit highlighting the silly excuses people hide behind to justify their departure from church or excuse their refusal to come church or participate in church activities.

What are some of the ones you've heard?

Hereare some of mine I've witnessed.

1) leaving church because the people pray using archaic words like thee or thy. honestly how regularly would that happen?

2) leaving church causesomeone said something about them that they didn't like. Would make a little sense if  not for the fact that you're bad talked at work school and practically anywhere else you go, but you don't leave there.

3)church full of hypocrites. Is your life any better?also u don't stop going to other places the hypocrites are?

Any more?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

I'm going to do a skit highlighting the silly excuses people hide behind to justify their departure from church or excuse their refusal to come church or participate in church activities.

1) leaving church because the people pray using archaic words like thee or thy. honestly how regularly would that happen?

2) leaving church causesomeone said something about them that they didn't like. Would make a little sense if  not for the fact that you're bad talked at work school and practically anywhere else you go, but you don't leave there.

3)church full of hypocrites. Is your life any better?also u don't stop going to other places the hypocrites are?

Any more?

Attending a Church is a choice. It is not a salvation issue. A Christian needs to seek the Word of God daily and needs to have a daily relationship with God. Not a religion. I am not into the Charismatic Church, I am not into the Emergent Church. I have attended a Lutheran Church, Episcopal Church and a Catholic Church in my lifetime. I am not impressed. I do know that the Methodist and Presbyterian Church is bringing in many Homosexual Pastors. I will not got to a Church that has a woman Pastor because the Bible tells us that is not what God wants for His Church. I am not into praying or talking in tongues. There is not much of a choice today.There are many who can not attend a Church due to physical or mental disabilities. They are not going to hell because they don't attend a Church.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

Any more?

Well my mother in law said she can't sit that long.

Lets see.......Oh someone didn't like the music.

And.....Church starts too early in the morning.

That's all I have for now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,793
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well my mother in law said she can't sit that long.

That is a valid hardship. The chairs in my church hurt me. I ache for a couple of days afterwards, as well as struggle to walk. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

I left the church that I was attending because I found out that the pastor believed one thing and taught another. Also, allowed women to rebuke men within the congregation. He said that he did not want to offend anyone. I am now having a hard time finding another church that will in fact preach the word of God. I'M not better than anyone else, but I will not lie about what God says just to be nice to anyone.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, PatrolMan said:

Also, allowed women to rebuke men within the congregation.

Just a question and not a debate. But what do you mean when women were allowed to rebuke men? I'm not sure I have ever heard this before please explain.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

I reference (1 Corinthians 14:34) I mean no disrespect to women in any way. The bible or God's word says that women are be silent in church. Have a nice one

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

43 minutes ago, PatrolMan said:

I reference (1 Corinthians 14:34) I mean no disrespect to women in any way. The bible or God's word says that women are be silent in church. Have a nice one

I mean no disrespect to you, but you should try reading the passages of the Bible where this comes from.

Paul, in 1 Corinthians 11 says that women may both pray and prophecy in church.

In chapter 14, he lists THREE groups of people who are to "keep silent" - and that chapter is about chaos in the worship service, not a blanket statement about all women.

Paul says:

1. Only two or three people may speak in tongues and if there is no interpreter, those speaking in tongues must "keep silent"
  2. Only two or three people may prophecy and if someone gets a word of prophecy, the one already speaking must "keep silent"
  3. Wives are to "keep silent" and ask any questions about the services of their husbands at home

There is no directive in the Bible for all women to be totally silent in church nor any directive that says a women cannot bring a problem to a man's attention. 

My own pastor - years ago - denied the women of the church a women's prayer/bible study.  The men had a monthly time of fellowship/prayer groups/Bible study with men and we craved to pray together and read God's Word together as women.

He told us we could not because women were just a bunch of gossips and it would turn into a big gossip session.

Women at my church were broken to hear him say that to us.  One of the older and much wiser women of our church came to me (I was about 32 at the time) and asked if I would go privately  with her to his office and talk to him about this.  We did.  We did not "rebuke" him, but we explained our desire for women's prayer and Bible study.  He relented, but never apologized for the insulting remarks.

And we did not and do not hold it against him.  He has changed much over the past two decades.  I cannot imagine someone teaching that we had no Biblical right to address this with him in church.

Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

On 8/20/2016 at 6:18 PM, creativemechanic said:

Any more?

What is the point of such a skit other than to mock those that choose not to attend church?  The only people that will see such a skit are those that choose to attend, so it can have no impact on those of us who choose not to.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

What is the point of such a skit other than to mock those that choose not to attend church?  The only people that will see such a skit are those that choose to attend, so it can have no impact on those of us who choose not to.

No, it's just showing how meaningless those excuses are. It shows how people will make excuses to avoid anything that is unimportant to them.  If it can help people who attend church to see how empty those excuses are, they will not follow the example of those who make those excuses to justify themselves.