• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It all goes back to excuses.   They have pretend that they have some vaulted, pseudo-spiritual reason for not going to church.   The truth is that people living in sin don't want to go to church because when you know you're not living for God, the last place you want to be and the last people you want to be around are people who are actually living for the Lord.   So, they find others who are just like them, living in rebellion, in order to sate their conscience and help them justify their sin.

What sin am I living in? 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Have you been spying on me and my friends?  Do you know what we do outside of that time around the table?  Do you know about our volunteer work, or our financial support for community, and global, entities doing the work of God?   This is just more of the brainwashing from the western church, "those that are not sitting here with us in our pews, are not doing any works for the Lord".  of course nothing could be further from the truth, but it is what has been taught to people in this country for the last 100 years, so you don't really know any better. 

The problem lies in believing a relationship with God runs through a church first.  It does not work that way.

Given the fruit I have seen, I doubt it.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

What sin am I living in? 

I was making a general comment about what I have noticed.  It was not a commentary on you.   But if the shoe fits....

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Given the fruit I have seen, I doubt it.

So, you are spying on me?  Do you know where I live?  If not, how have you seen any "fruit".  Or do you consider your unbridled support for Donald Trump as a fruit that I am missing?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

People tend to take it as a personal affront when someone chooses not to attend church.  

I wasn't taking anything personally. This wasn't even addressed to anyone. I just wanted to share my story. I'm not tell you to go to church. That's up to you. Who am I to tell someone what they should be doing?

In my opinion it is all about control, you can't control those  who are not sitting in the pews.  

I am in control of myself. I am sorry that you seem to have had some bad experiences with churches. But I attend church because I enjoy doing so. No one is making me attend.

That energy you feel at church, is the same that I feel when I am sitting around my coffee table with 3-6 fellow believers having 4 hour debates on the meaning of a passage or such.  

God is everywhere. Where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name. But I'm alone most of the time so I like the energy I get when I go to church. It is what works for me.

Why do I need to go sit in a building for an hour and pay some guy to tell me what he (becuase we all know it can't be a woman) t

I don't have to pay anything to attend church. There is no cover fee at the door. Although my church does not have a women pastor, they have no issue with women pastors and I know one or two of them.

Frankly I don't know why you picked apart what I posted about how I enjoy attending church. It had nothing to do with you and I have not even been reading or replying to anything you have posted. I just wanted to talk about how happy church makes me. I'm not telling anyone what they should do. Just wishing happiness on others. What can be wrong with that?

Edited by LadyKay

23 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Frankly I don't know why you picked apart what I posted about how I enjoy attending church. It had nothing to do with you and I have not even been reading or replying to anything you have posted. I just wanted to talk about how happy church makes me. I'm not telling anyone what they should do. Just wishing happiness on others. What can be wrong with that?

LadyKay,  I was not trying to pick apart your post and I apologize if it came out that way.  I was just trying to offer my opinion on what you posted about attending church and the way that people talk and react to it. I am genuinely happy for you that you have found a group of believers that you can join with and feel both happy and a sense of belonging.  There is nothing wrong with wishing such a thing, my only reply would be that one does not have to attend what the western world has come to view as a church to feel the happiness that you feel. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

LadyKay,  I was not trying to pick apart your post and I apologize if it came out that way.  I was just trying to offer my opinion on what you posted about attending church and the way that people talk and react to it. I am genuinely happy for you that you have found a group of believers that you can join with and feel both happy and a sense of belonging.  There is nothing wrong with wishing such a thing, my only reply would be that one does not have to attend what the western world has come to view as a church to feel the happiness that you feel. 

I'm sorry too. From what you have said  I don't know but it seems that you have been deeply hurt by organized churches. To lose friends simply for choosing to leave a church is unacceptable. True friendship should not be that way.