IGNORED

how could God not intend marijuana to be used by Christians?

forGod1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 8/27/2016 at 2:05 PM, walla299 said:

Exactly. :thumbsup:  The same way mankind altered our food crop plants over the centuries.

I keep thinking about the kid that is under my car that is working on the brakes after he has smoked a couple of joints.  Not a comforting thought.

RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I keep thinking about the kid that is under my car that is working on the brakes after he has smoked a couple of joints.  Not a comforting thought.

RustyAngeL

Why do you assume that people will do such things?  Do you worry that he might have had a two martini lunch?   People that smoke marijuana are no different than the people taht drink alcohol.  Some will abuse it, most will not.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

RustyAngeL

you just need a new mechanic.  Could have just as easily been a couple of beers.... 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

I'm wondering how many Christians smoke pot while praying or reading in their bibles while having their minds altered.  The same for alcohol being tipsy while praying or studying the word of God.  Or do these Christians not pray or read their bibles while using pot that alters their mind while high? Do those who get tipsy not pray and talk to God or read their bibles until sober again? 

24 minutes ago, Openly Curious said:

I'm wondering how many Christians smoke pot while praying or reading in their bibles while having their minds altered.  The same for alcohol being tipsy while praying or studying the word of God.  Or do these Christians not pray or read their bibles while using pot that alters their mind while high? Do those who get tipsy not pray and talk to God or read their bibles until sober again? 

One does not have to get tipsy from drinking alcohol.  Despite what many people seem to believe, you can do so in moderation. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

One does not have to get tipsy from drinking alcohol.  Despite what many people seem to believe, you can do so in moderation. 

I am very aware that one does not have to get tipsy from drinking alcohol.  But I am just aware of those who do drink to get tipsy.  But if you smoke a joint you are going to get high. What is moderation when it comes to pot 1/3, 1/4 or 1/2 a joint or perhaps just a toke and don't inhale?  

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Why do you assume that people will do such things?  Do you worry that he might have had a two martini lunch?   People that smoke marijuana are no different than the people taht drink alcohol.  Some will abuse it, most will not.

7 minutes ago, Openly Curious said:

I am very aware that one does not have to get tipsy from drinking alcohol.  But I am just aware of those who do drink to get tipsy.  But if you smoke a joint you are going to get high. What is moderation when it comes to pot 1/3, 1/4 or 1/2 a joint or perhaps just a toke and don't inhale?  

I forgot about the don't inhale.  This is something we just don't need.  Like someone who drinks so much they end up in an accident.  This is just something to add to the list that can cause more harm.  And I think Openly asked a very good question what is moderation when it comes to getting high?  No Christian should be smoking pot.  It is beyond my comprehension that a believer would even consider it.  And that was the question the OP first stated.  How could God not intend for Christians to use Marijuana?  

Well said OC.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

5 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I forgot about the don't inhale.  This is something we just don't need.  Like someone who drinks so much they end up in an accident.  This is just something to add to the list that can cause more harm.  And I think Openly asked a very good question what is moderation when it comes to getting high?  No Christian should be smoking pot.  It is beyond my comprehension that a believer would even consider it.  And that was the question the OP first stated.  How could God not intend for Christians to use Marijuana?  

Well said OC.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

People don't really do joints anymore, the few people I know that smoke it regularly vape it.  What effects are felt, depend on the person, just like with alcohol.  I had a drinking issue in my youth and did not drink anything for more than 20 years.  The first time I had a beer after 20 year 1/2 of a beer made me feel tipsy.  Now I can drink a beer at night and have no effect at all.  I never have more than two in a day/night.  People can use marijuana the same way, a hit off of the vape pen (or whatever it is called) does no more to them than a swig of beer might.

9 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

People don't really do joints anymore, the few people I know that smoke it regularly vape it.  What effects are felt, depend on the person, just like with alcohol.  I had a drinking issue in my youth and did not drink anything for more than 20 years.  The first time I had a beer after 20 year 1/2 of a beer made me feel tipsy.  Now I can drink a beer at night and have no effect at all.  I never have more than two in a day/night.  People can use marijuana the same way, a hit off of the vape pen (or whatever it is called) does no more to them than a swig of beer might.

What difference does it make how you take it?  You seem to know a lot more about this then I do.  Your the expert I'm not so I leave this debate in your hands.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

14 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

What difference does it make how you take it?  You seem to know a lot more about this then I do.  Your the expert I'm not so I leave this debate in your hands.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

The difference it makes is that different methods have a different effect on the person.   It is not unlike the difference between doing a shot of whisky and drinking a mixed drink over the course of 20 minutes.  I do know a fair amount about it as I know some people who use it and also I got into a discussion with someone on the legalization of marijuana (I was against it) and I realized I really had no knowledge of what I was against.   So I spent some time researching and learning, and what I found changed my view on the legality of it.