IGNORED

how could God not intend marijuana to be used by Christians?

forGod1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

6 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I keep thinking about the kid that is under my car that is working on the brakes after he has smoked a couple of joints.  Not a comforting thought.

RustyAngeL

I would say the same for the guys/gals working on the aircraft I'll be flying on. There are quite a few examples of folks you really wouldn't want working when they were high. :)

Interesting bit of history: pre-employment drug screen came about as a outgrowth of the US Military. The brass (i.e. leadership) realized that having people high on drugs while loading conventional weapons was probably not a good idea. The same goes for loading the nuclear kind. They wanted something to discourage recreational use - and found one. Civilian employers were looking for the same thing, so now we all have pre-employment drug screens, and some of us have random testing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting side note, while drug testing is common for most jobs from clerk to sports star, there are a couple of places where testing is  conspicuously absent, the senate and the house of representatives do not require drug testing.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, walla299 said:

I would say the same for the guys/gals working on the aircraft I'll be flying on. There are quite a few examples of folks you really wouldn't want working when they were high. :)

Interesting bit of history: pre-employment drug screen came about as a outgrowth of the US Military. The brass (i.e. leadership) realized that having people high on drugs while loading conventional weapons was probably not a good idea. The same goes for loading the nuclear kind. They wanted something to discourage recreational use - and found one. Civilian employers were looking for the same thing, so now we all have pre-employment drug screens, and some of us have random testing.

And yet when I was in the military (early 70's) we would hit the club at lunch and slam 3 or 4 beers and go back to work.  Or we would get them out of the vending machine in our squad bay and slam them before going back to work.   Nobody frets over someone being drunk or even buzzed and working on their aircraft and alcohol is readily available. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

14 hours ago, Openly Curious said:

I'm wondering how many Christians smoke pot while praying or reading in their bibles while having their minds altered.  The same for alcohol being tipsy while praying or studying the word of God.  Or do these Christians not pray or read their bibles while using pot that alters their mind while high? Do those who get tipsy not pray and talk to God or read their bibles until sober again? 

How about pharmaceuticals, that Christians take in abundance? Or football games on TV, or political shows, or movies, that alter one's moods and blood chemistry?

Short answer, nothing will hinder our prayers if we are sincere.

13 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

...No Christian should be smoking pot.  It is beyond my comprehension that a believer would even consider it. ...

Where does Scripture draw the line? Moderation. Any of our personal judgments beyond that overstep the authority of the Word.

Guest shiloh357
18 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Where does Scripture draw the line? Moderation. Any of our personal judgments beyond that overstep the authority of the Word.

Yeah, no one smokes pot in "moderation."   That's nonsense.   You smoke to get high or stoned.   It's not like alcohol where you can have an after dinner wine without getting drunk.    You don't simply take a couple of puffs of weed.  You smoke more and more every time in order to get the high you had last time.  The moderation argument doesn't work with weed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, no one smokes pot in "moderation."   That's nonsense.   You smoke to get high or stoned.   It's not like alcohol where you can have an after dinner wine without getting drunk.    You don't simply take a couple of puffs of weed.  You smoke more and more every time in order to get the high you had last time.  The moderation argument doesn't work with weed.

Are you speaking about yourself? Because this presumption you state is certainly not true for many people, either for pot or alcohol.

Maybe we should start a discussion on the mind- and body-altering drug called coffee? Be interesting to see how the opinions of some people might do a 180 degree shift.

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, you are wrong.  Your view of people who use marijuana are as mistaken as your views on many other things.   

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Are you speaking about yourself? Because this presumption you state is certainly not true for many people, either for pot or alcohol.

Maybe we should start a discussion on the mind- and body-altering drug called coffee? Be interesting to see how the opinions of some people might do a 180 degree shift.

I don't touch either one.  I have no use for them.   Alcohol and drugs are two monkeys I am delighted not have on my back.  But I know people who smoke MJ and they never take just a  puff or two.   They don't spend that kind of money not to get high off of it.   I know lots of people who can drink without getting buzzed or drunk at all.   I have never met a recreational pot user who didn't use it to get high.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Actually, you are wrong.  Your view of people who use marijuana are as mistaken as your views on many other things.   

I have never shared my view of people who use it.  You really, really don't want to know what I think about potheads.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I have never shared my view of people who use it.  You really, really don't want to know what I think about potheads.

Yes, you have shared that those who use it only do so to get stoned or high.  I don't really care about your view of them, I am sure it is just as biased as your view of most anyone else. 

Edited by Out of the Shadows