IGNORED

how could God not intend marijuana to be used by Christians?

forGod1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

it just has so many different ways of using it. Does the purpose not fit this?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Not everything is good. What is grown today is not what God created. It has been heavily altered to produce a greater high. 

Guest Robert
13 minutes ago, forGod1 said:

it just has so many different ways of using it. Does the purpose not fit this?

So does water, but water isn't being refined into high-potency forms that can cause brain damage.

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Not everything is good. What is grown today is not what God created. It has been heavily altered to produce a greater high. 

so if someone legally grew bad weed, that'd be fine?

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

In my experience marijuana is not addicting but it is mind altering and thought numbing.

I don't believe God intends us to dabble in witchcraft. 

As a personal aside, my first strong anti authority thoughts came when high.

When I was starting to 'come around' to the Lord, when I got high  on marijuana a flood of anti biblical thoughts would drag me back down.

yea, i know it's probably bad. i just wonder why it can be used so many different ways.. and robert, brain damage? is that one of those conspiracy theories?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I view questions like this as something that is personal between you and God. I would guess that the answer could be bass how it effects you. Where does it lead you? First off if it is illegal where you are, I think there is something in the Bible about how you should obey the laws of your government. Romans 13:1 Also it may depend on how you buy your pot. Well you maybe able to say that pot is no big deal, most drug dealers sell more then just pot. Stuff that is like really bad like meth.  And where is the money going that you use to buy your pot? Some of it could be going to fund Drug Lords who do really bad things like kill people (I watched Breaking Bad so I know) Anyway I think you need to consider all these things.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/29/1985

I don't use it, but I think it's just fine in moderation. Same as alcohol.

It's infinitely safer than alcohol, almost impossible to overdose on,  and is even prescribed by doctors. My uncle had terminal cancer and was given a marijuana prescription. He started eating again, was sleeping through the night, had dramatically less pain, and lifted his depression.

It has many great uses when used properly, even besides ingesting it. There are countless hemp items such as clothing, bags lotions, cleansers etc.  It's the street stuff you have to watch. It's mainly a problem because the street sold pot can be filled with artificial junk and chemicals that can harm you. You don't always know what you're getting.

After a bit of research, you will find it is literally the safest and least harmful drug out there. I wish it would just be legalized everywhere already. The revenue will be enormous for your city and the jails will emptier. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

marijuana, while not as addictive as tobacco, is still addictive, and mind altering. While it may have some positive side effects, that doesnt make it "healthy" or even something that should be put on a high pedestal. Studies show that 1 in 11 people will become addicted to it, with that number is down to 1 in 6 if they strat as a teen. While in moderation, it has shown some positive effects, but a lot of people dont know what "moderation is" and heavy use can lead to mental and physical health issues, and a want for a better high. 

Im not against medicinal pot use. or, if people could actually use it moderatly, not against legalizing it. Problem is, we live in a country where "moderation" only applies to morals and the church. People dont want marijuana to cure a disease or as a "pain killer" those are just an excuse to legalize getting high.

22 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

marijuana, while not as addictive as tobacco, is still addictive, and mind altering. While it may have some positive side effects, that doesnt make it "healthy" or even something that should be put on a high pedestal. Studies show that 1 in 11 people will become addicted to it, with that number is down to 1 in 6 if they strat as a teen. While in moderation, it has shown some positive effects, but a lot of people dont know what "moderation is" and heavy use can lead to mental and physical health issues, and a want for a better high. 

Im not against medicinal pot use. or, if people could actually use it moderatly, not against legalizing it. Problem is, we live in a country where "moderation" only applies to morals and the church. People dont want marijuana to cure a disease or as a "pain killer" those are just an excuse to legalize getting high.

it's getting legalized in canada.. to you and ladykay. i understand, patriot. if not for medical, then for abuse. i get that.. i'm addicted to pot from my escapades as a sinner. God healed me of my alcoholism.. but not this. i just wish for an answer from Christ Almighty.

Edited by forGod1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On legalized pot all I'll say is this:

If its used to relieve suffering, etc. I have no issue with medical use. There have been many terminal patients who benefited from using it for pain relief as an example.

On the abuse side: the Bible does not condemn alcohol outright -- but drunkenness is roundly condemned throughout Scripture, so I figure the same principle would apply to other forms of intoxication. 

I did my time in the drug world before I was saved and the Lord was gracious enough to free me from those addictions. I won't be going back to any of that slavery because I found out along the way that sobriety wasn't so bad after all. I don't want any chemicals getting between myself and the Lord.