• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Good evening!

Would anyone be interested or "open" for that matter to talk more about Gods grace and freedom from bondage? I think it would be an awesome start to our relationships/friendships as we all will get to know each other accurately as honesty and courage will be born into the conversations. I, longing to be a brother to you all would like to open up honest conversation and sharpen my tool to listen! I Erge the courage to openly express and not be ashamed of anything! I'm not here to be of authority nor am i here to be of any priest i am JUST here for relationship and to be a brother! feel free to PM me and we can talk all night all day time will be made !

Look forward to chatting!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Hi Pippy-- welcome to Worthy- Grace-- its wonderful-- how the Lord can love us ( me in particular) is almost beyond comprehension.-- I am up in years so I am not being morbid here- but I look forward to crossing over and being able to fully understand Gods grace and love

with a sin free mind!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Pippy and welcome to Worthy.

I would love to speak about the Grace of God, it is so wonderful to know that it is ours everyday of our lives!

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi there and welcome

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings pippy

Welcome to Worthy,this is the Seekers Lounge,the place where unbelievers,seekers & guests ask questions & begin Topics......All replies here need moderator review before they can be posted which takes more time than the other Forums .....We would love to join you on the Forums to talk after you have the minimum required posts to access the appropriate Forum to begin your Thread(Inner Court)

I did send you a PM(personal message) with more details                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Hello, welcome Pippy!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I believe God's grace towards mankind is only possible on account of the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus...

Precisely. Until the just demands of God's absolute righteousness and justice were satisfied by the Lamb of God, God could not, and would not, extend His grace to undeserving sinners.  But now we all can sing of Amazing Grace.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

G5485   (Word Study Dictionary) abridged

χάρις

cháris; gen. cháritos, fem. noun from chaírō(G5463), to rejoice. Grace, particularly that which causes joy, pleasure, gratification, favor, acceptance, for a kindness granted or desired, a benefit, thanks, gratitude. A favor done without expectation of return; the absolutely free expression of the loving kindness of God to men finding its only motive in the bounty and benevolence of the Giver; unearned and unmerited favor. Cháris stands in direct antithesis to érga (G2041), works, the two being mutually exclusive. God's grace affects man's sinfulness and not only forgives the repentant sinner, but brings joy and thankfulness to him. It changes the individual to a new creature without destroying his individuality (2Co 5:17; Eph 2:8-9).

(I) Cháris, when received by faith, transforms man and causes him to love and to seek after the righteousness of God. Cháris is initially regeneration, the work of the Holy Spirit in which spiritual life is given to man and by which his nature is brought under the dominion of righteousness. The maintenance of this condition requires an unbroken and immense supply of grace. Grace remains constant in, and basic to, a believer's fight without against the devil and his struggle within against sin. Renewal is stimulated and impelled by God's illuminating and strengthening of the soul, and will continue and increase so long as the soul perseveres. God's grace insures that those who have been truly regenerated will persevere until the end of life. This entire work is called sanctification, a work of God "whereby we are renewed in the whole man and are enabled more and more to die daily unto sin and to live unto righteousness" as is stated by the Westminster Shorter Catechism (Rom 12:2; 2Co 4:16; Eph 4:23; Col 3:10). 

(B) Of the grace, favor and goodwill of God and Christ as exercised toward men: where cháris is joined with eirḗnē (G1515), peace, éleos (G1656), mercy, and the like in salutations, including the idea of every kind of favor, blessing, good, as proceeding from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Rom 1:7; 1Co 1:3; 2Co 1:2; Gal 1:3).Of Christ, generally (Act 15:11 "through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ" which indicates effective faith unto salvation (2Co 8:9; 1Ti 1:14). Of God, generally, meaning the gracious feeling of approbation, benignity and love, which God exercises toward any of the human race [cf. II]. Of God's unmerited favor, in the exercise of which He sovereignly and efficaciously confers upon sinful men the blessings of salvation.  "The word of his grace" means the gospel of the grace of God, the good news of God's effective favor (Act 14:3, Act 14:26; Act 20:24 [cf. Act 15:40]). "Justified freely by His grace" refers to the forgiveness of sin and reconciliation to a holy God (Rom 3:24; Rom 5:2; 1Co 15:10; 2Co 1:12; 2Co 9:14; 2Co 12:9; Gal 1:15; Eph 1:6; Heb 2:9; 1Pe 4:10). With toú Theoú, of God, or with the like implied (Act 18:27; Rom 4:16; Rom 11:5-6; Rom 12:6; 2Th 2:16; Heb 2:9, "through the gracious counsel of God" [a.t.]; Heb 4:16). With en (G1722), in, followed by the dat. en cháriti, referring to the gift of Jesus Christ (Rom 5:15; Gal 1:6, the grace of God through Christ).

On a personal level,  God's grace is born out of His pitying love for mankind.  Having been corrupted by sin and hopelessly lost without God's intervention, He has chosen to love me and rescue me in spite of myself.  He gave His only Son to die for my sins so that I may know Him.  His love in incomprehensible.  That while we were yet ugly sinners Christ died for us.  That He would give me faith to believe and be justified in His eyes.  That He would give me His Own Holy Spirit as a foretaste of heaven, to enable me to follow Him.  Why me?  I cannot repay such a debt.  It can only be shared with others in hopes that they also receive such a gift: Amazing Grace.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3