true love

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

i have a friend she is 23 i told her i'm in love with her sister who is only 18 i told her don't tell her sister i'm in love with her because i am older than her i know she is too young for me but i really do love her with all my heart she is Christian as well i told her that her sister belong to God and csn never know how i feel about her my heart is broken but i pray God will heal my heart my question is did i make the right choice by not telling her? i am so confused i know i must trust fully in God alone.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

On 8/22/2016 at 8:38 AM, tinyrules777 said:

i have a friend she is 23 i told her i'm in love with her sister who is only 18 i told her don't tell her sister i'm in love with her because i am older than her i know she is too young for me but i really do love her with all my heart she is Christian as well i told her that her sister belong to God and csn never know how i feel about her my heart is broken but i pray God will heal my heart my question is did i make the right choice by not telling her? i am so confused i know i must trust fully in God alone.

No one can really tell you if sharing your feelings with someone is right or wrong.  There certainly no sin in telling another how we feel about them.  However acting on those feelings may not be the right move for us that has to be between you and God.  There is no need to be confused about these feelings as you said the answer to your question in your last line of your OP when you said, "I know I must trust fully in God alone".   Putting your trust in God is the right move and he is faithful to guide your footsteps in the matter.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 8/22/2016 at 7:38 AM, tinyrules777 said:

How much older are you then this woman?  I agree 23 is young but I"m wondering how old you are and how do you know how this other woman feels if you don't talk to her.  I just want to let you know that my husband was 21 years older then I was.  I was 30 he was 51.  We had 25 wonderful year together. I see no problem with an age difference. Be man enough to talk to this girl and see what she is thinking. Don't let someone else do it for you.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Pray for God's will to be done in this and seek His kingdom first.

Five years is not typically a big age difference, but these days 18 is pretty young to be committed to true love. It strikes me as odd to have to hide true love... if it is true, then it is honest and if it is love, it is expressed. Pray for God's guidance and discernment and put God first above yourself or her.

Edited by seraph

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I was 18 when I was married and it is very young.  I had no experience in managing a household, budgeting and so on.  It would have been so much easier had I been on my own for a year or two.  Our son was 26 and his wife was 21 when they  were married.  It had been a very good, sound marriage for over 20 years.  My advice would be that you wait a couple of years and see if you still feel the same way, and then approach her.  My dad was 13 years older than my mom, and I have two friends of whom the wives are 3 years older than their husbands!.  Age isn't much of a consideration but maturity makes a lot of difference.  Even though girls are often more mature than guys at 18, it is the lack of practical experience needed that must be considered.