IGNORED

So Lets Say The USA Becomes A Christian Nation...

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

19 minutes ago, PatrolMan said:

The United States of America has never been nor will ever be a Christian nation.

That's completely false. Here's the truth from one of the Founding Fathers.

Known as the “Father of the American Revolution” and the “Firebrand of the Revolution,” Sam Adams was arguably the most effective verbal rabble-rouser in American history. He was a leader in the events leading up to the American Revolution, helped to found the Sons of Liberty, formed , Boston’s Committee of Correspondence, was a member of the first Continental Congress and signed the Declaration of Independence. He helped to draft the Articles of Confederation and served as President in the Massachusetts Senate before becoming the Lieutenant Governor and subsequently the Governor of Massachusetts.

He was also a steadfast Christian. In “The Rights of the Colonists,” which he wrote in 1772, he said:

“The right to freedom being the gift of the Almighty...The rights of the colonists as Christians...may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutions of The Great Law Giver and Head of the Christian Church, which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament.”

After signing the Declaration of Independence, he proclaimed:

"We have this day restored the Sovereign to Whom all men ought to be obedient. He reigns in heaven and from the rising to the setting of the sun, let His kingdom come."

In his February, 1795 Proclamation for a Day of Public Fasting, Humiliation and Prayer, then Governor Adams said:

“That with true repentance and contrition of Heart, we may unitedly implore the forgiveness of our Sins, through the merits of Jesus Christ, and humbly supplicate our Heavenly Father, to grant us the aids of his Grace, for the amendment of our Hearts and Lives, and vouchsafe his smiles upon our temporal concerns.”

And finally, these are the words in his Last Will and Testament:

“Principally, and first of all, I resign my soul to the Almighty Being who gave it, and my body I commit to the dust, relying on the merits of Jesus Christ for the pardon of my sins.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lady

I've joined in here 3 pages late & have not read the replies,perhaps someone else may have mentioned what I will offer?   I believe the gallup poll still has America around 77% Christian.....that would reflect a "majority" & it could be safe to say the USA IS a Christian Nation or is it? Well,I know it is MORE Christian than any other country and it would be nice to turn back the hands of time and get back to our roots....which was indeed founded on Christianity & the Word of God.....it is simply a matter of putting forth some effort in researching History,a bit of study & a lot of due diligence to learn what hopeful dreams AMERICA was supposed to make come true for the man that wanted to live according to the Way God says one should live,worshipping & glorifying Him!One Nation UNDER God!

But we cannot turn back the hands of time ,we can only do our best to make a better tomorrow & every day is the first day of the rest of our lives,our HOPE is ALWAYS in CHRIST  Perhaps it would be best to turn of the TV(news),log off the computers,forget about youtube & facebook & walk out the front door to engage in real life with real people? I do & you know what I see? A beautiful out pouring of Gods Spirit on America....I see many young people coming to Christ,I hear the Name of Jesus proclaimed,I witness love,kindness,Miracles,goodness & Godliness more so than ever before........you see,you have to interact in society to really get a feel for what is going on in this Nation.....we only hear about the 2 horrible plane crashes in the past 6 months but never the hundreds of thousands of safe landings each week,,,,,,

Just be accountable for what WE DO & SAY.......Be the Image of Christ,boast for Him,provoke others to jealousy,Praise His Name proudly,spread the Gospel to every creature,lets make a better tomorrow and tell ALL MEN Jesus offer of Eternity in Paradise                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Here are a few more details from the DVD `When God left the building.` (Prophecy News Watch)

Though the vast majority (78%) of Americans identify themselves as Christians, they have largely stopped attending church. LESS THAN 20% of the population now makes it to church in a typical week. Some 4000 churches are closing every year and half of all churches in the US did not add any new members to their ranks in the last two years.. it's a major and unprecedented social upheaval.

Director Thom Schultz set out on a journey to uncover why churches--once the heart and soul of their communities--are now shrinking in both size and influence. What he discovered gives you unprecedented insight and serves as a powerful wake-up call.

From small, dying churches, to large and thriving mega churches the film show a variety of different ways people are worshipping in our modern day. It also takes a hard look at what is going on churches today and why we are struggling to reach this new generation. We hear the testimonies of people who have left the church and why they refuse to come back. The film is not afraid to be brutal and honest with what isn't working.

The film takes a look at one church that has seen its attendance plunge from 900 to 40. In addition to external cultural factors that affect all churches, this church is disintegrating from the inside from a variety of human storms. A pastor who doesn't know who or what God is. Fights over petty things. A faction of angry ex-members that devises a plan to take over the church.

Throughout the story, cameras also visit other dying churches--as well as innovative new forms of church that are thriving. These range from and a Texas ministry that gathers in 300 neighborhoods every week to an outreach in Los Angeles that brings joy to skid-row moms.

One of the fascinating analogies drawn in this film is the similarity between the church and the Kodak film company. Kodak did not try to evolve into what it needed to be and remained set in its ways until it ultimately declared bankruptcy in 2012. In the same way, the church became an outdated relic and newer generations had moved on from attending. The film does an amazing job of showing how we can still be the body of Christ in the modern day without trying to adapt to fit in with the "world". 

Experience hope as you get a refreshing glimpse into the future of faith.

DVD Reviews 

** Whether you're a believer, non-believer, church attendee, leader, church hurt, church burnt, or church indifferent, this movie is a MUST SEE. This is the best look into a world that has existed for far too long, the church in denial. It has become second-hand in "church world" to blame everything and everyone in society for the decline and death of so many houses of worship, and When God Left the Building sheds light on what so many of us have been shouting to deaf ears...it's us, not them. **

** If you're someone who cares about the state of the church in America, you MUST see When God Left the Building. You'll get a revealing look into why most churches are in a state of decline. You'll also get a hopeful glimpse into different expressions of church that are thriving. This film will not only inform you but you'll be challenged and inspired by it as well. **

** This is a heart-wrenching, thought provoking film that gives a glimpse into why churches are closing their doors. It makes you rethink what the church really is. Is it a building where people congregate, or is it a group of people? We've relegated it to a building--and this film challenges churches to think about new ways to reach people in today's world. It's eye opening and full of hope. Watch it with a completely open mind and open heart. **

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

13 hours ago, Ezra said:

That's completely false. Here's the truth from one of the Founding Fathers.

I'm sorry but all that you have quoted did not or does not make America a Christian nation. I said nothing about who found this great country when we all know that most not all were God loving and God fearing Christians. If this was a Christian nation think of all the things that would NOT be happening today. We as a nation are turning our backs on God and a Christian nation would not do that. We have a president and administration that is against Israel. Read Genesis chapter twelve, that far back God warns us about what we are doing and the consequences for doing so. I would like to hear from you, but instead of quoting other peoples work say something of your self. This is where we get to know each others opinions which I respect. Have a good day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, PatrolMan said:

We as a nation are turning our backs on God and a Christian nation would not do that.

Israel was a theocracy which turned its back on God, and both the northern and southern kingdoms went into captivity because of that.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Most of the people who were behind the revolution were deists and not really believers in Jesus....   some were but most were not.

However what has made this country great was/is the large number of Christian people with high morals and strong work ethic.

I would argue that we do not have a Christian Government, but as a people the majority of us are Christian which makes us a real Christian nation.

The nation is made up of it's people, not out government....    our government has been pagan from the very beginning.....   just look at the architecture and the way the capitol is laid out.   Our laws stemmed from the Noahide laws which date back to the time of Babel.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

Fine, that's what you believe and I do not agree. Have a nice day.

Edited by PatrolMan
word

Guest Robert
30 minutes ago, PatrolMan said:

Fine, that's what you believe and I do not agree. Have a nice day.

Actually, scripture records that Israel was a theocracy that turned it's back on God: the proof stretches from the book of Joshua, all the way into the Gospels.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 24/08/2016 at 3:35 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

I often wonder what flavor of Christanity they want. 

Should it be the brand that does not allow women to wear pants or speak at church.

Or the one that does not allow for musical instruments to be played at church.

Or the one that does not allow for drinking a beer or a glass of wine with your dinner

Those kind of demands I could live with. What would bother me is the kind that demands I attend church every Sunday, and if I failed to attend, get fined, whipped, or even given the death penalty as was the case in early American history. Nowhere ought there to be any legislation on any government's books any law, or statute, that stipulates, recommends, demands, or forbids, in any way, any person's duty toward God.
Thus there ought not to be any "Christian", "Islamic", or any other type of a so-called "theocracy" governing peoples religious or secular life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 24/08/2016 at 4:36 AM, Yowm said:

Our founding Fathers realized that our rights and liberties were derived from God. Secular governments have no guaranteed rights only an arbitrary rule by the people at best...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.- (Declaration of Independence).

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison became staunch advocates for religious liberty after defending the Baptists in Virginia against the civil government seeking to impose civil penalties against them for heresy. Those unalienable rights, in particular religious liberty, are to protected by the civil government. The moment any civil government encroaches upon man's conscience with regards his God, regardless of who or what that (G)god is, the government oversteps its bounds. Roger Williams, centuries ahead of his time, was one of the greatest heroes of American history. His example and teachings ought to be imprinted permanently upon every persons mind in America. Sadly, that is not the case, and the US is heading down a road today from which there will be no return, and to which will result utter ruin.

12036379_10201067108477410_6863369122514363220_n.jpg