IGNORED

So Lets Say The USA Becomes A Christian Nation...

LadyKay

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 24/08/2016 at 3:47 PM, Ezra said:

That's completely false. Here's the truth from one of the Founding Fathers.

Nowhere do I see Adam's declaration of the government or the nation being Cristian. Himself, indeed, the state, no.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Nowhere do I see Adam's declaration of the government or the nation being Cristian. Himself, indeed, the state, no.

That's hardly the point. The people are the nation, and the Founding Fathers held to Christian beliefs, as did Americans in general.  The arrival of the Mayflower was a Christian event. What should be crystal clear is that the documents which established the United States were all in harmony with Christian beliefs, and Christianity was not being blatantly opposed and mocked (as it is today).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

5 minutes ago, Ezra said:

That's hardly the point. The people are the nation, and the Founding Fathers held to Christian beliefs, as did Americans in general.  The arrival of the Mayflower was a Christian event. What should be crystal clear is that the documents which established the United States were all in harmony with Christian beliefs, and Christianity was not being blatantly opposed and mocked (as it is today).

Okay, I can agree with that. Is it Christian today however? The self-interest hedonism of today is an idol for many, and this will nicely meld with the coming one world religion that Satan is now in the process of establishing being one of deception. Do not believe even for a moment that it will be readily recognizable. From the very beginning, Satan/Lucifer has sought worship, and from many this is now taking place...even if it is by proxy...the enemy will take it any way he can get it....but the church...God's elect and true disciples, are the ones Satan is after. He wants EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE ! And he is not going to gain the church (I mean this generically) by getting up into the pulpit and introducing himself..."Good morning brethren, my name is Satan. Please worship me". You know, I know, and Satan knows, that will not work. So he needs to deceive.
The religion to take the world into captivity will be, or rather IS, a counterfeit CHRISTIAN faith. It will look, feel, and profess to be everything you would expect from a true faith. The difference though will be manifest to the wise. This church does not have, nor will it ever have, God's blessing. Therefore , because the Holy Spirit will not be involved in its establishment, this counterfeit will need the secular arm of the government to prop it up. Hence the picture we have of Babylon the Great...the woman (the harlot apostate church) riding upon the back of the beast (the state power) who supports her by enforcing the dogmas of her particular brand of Christianity (mark of beast) through legislation and subsequent enforcement and inducement practices, such as controlling the power to buy and sell.
Look around you. Who is fanning the flames of a united religious global ecumenical movement? And what is their attitude, (I mean historically as their profession today completely contradicts their history)to religious liberty?  Nothing is as it seems.

2.jpg

12246860_1741481452740500_2522113668125872219_n.jpg

ClickHandler.ashx.jpg

eu flag.jpg

EU HQ.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I think some of you have missed the point of this post. It wasn't to debate rather or not the US is or was a Christian nation. We could be here till the end of time debating that one. It was what do people mean when they say "they want the US to be a Christian nation ?" If this is what they want, then they should know what it means. Or is just like I think just something people say when they don't know what else to say?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

It was what do people mean when they say "they want the US to be a Christian nation ?" If this is what they want, then they should know what it means. Or is just like I think just something people say when they don't know what else to say?

Society is made up of all of We the People, and had cycled to and away from Christian in cycles.....   the early 20's we had cycled away from Christian principles and later through WWII and after had swung back.....     So I think what people really want is for our society to swing back to Christian principles....      When we use the term Nation, that brings in government and laws and confuses the discussion.

Got surgery in about a half hour and will be among the missing for a while.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

14 hours ago, RobertS said:

Actually, scripture records that Israel was a theocracy that turned it's back on God: the proof stretches from the book of Joshua, all the way into the Gospels.

I thought that we were talking about the USA. Why does every drift from the main points of a topic. RED is READ right?

Guest Robert
6 hours ago, PatrolMan said:

I thought that we were talking about the USA. Why does every drift from the main points of a topic. RED is READ right?

I was responding to your comment. As for the US: much like Israel had done, the US is straying away from the Lord at an ever increasing rate.

BTW: it's called conversation. If that upsets you, you may want to stay in the debate forums.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

25 minutes ago, RobertS said:

I was responding to your comment. As for the US: much like Israel had done, the US is straying away from the Lord at an ever increasing rate.

BTW: it's called conversation. If that upsets you, you may want to stay in the debate forums.

That does not up set me. I am just saying that the USA has never been nor will ever be a Christian nation. This is my opinion that I stated on a post. I believe that I have a right to do so. I have not started a debate. Those who said that I am wrong about what I said are starting a debate. No one had to respond to my reply to the post about America being or not being a Christian nation. Have a nice day.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:02 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Lady

I've joined in here 3 pages late & have not read the replies,perhaps someone else may have mentioned what I will offer?   I believe the gallup poll still has America around 77% Christian.....that would reflect a "majority" & it could be safe to say the USA IS a Christian Nation or is it? Well,I know it is MORE Christian than any other country and it would be nice to turn back the hands of time and get back to our roots....which was indeed founded on Christianity & the Word of God.....it is simply a matter of putting forth some effort in researching History,a bit of study & a lot of due diligence to learn what hopeful dreams AMERICA was supposed to make come true for the man that wanted to live according to the Way God says one should live,worshipping & glorifying Him!One Nation UNDER God!

But we cannot turn back the hands of time ,we can only do our best to make a better tomorrow & every day is the first day of the rest of our lives,our HOPE is ALWAYS in CHRIST  Perhaps it would be best to turn of the TV(news),log off the computers,forget about youtube & facebook & walk out the front door to engage in real life with real people? I do & you know what I see? A beautiful out pouring of Gods Spirit on America....I see many young people coming to Christ,I hear the Name of Jesus proclaimed,I witness love,kindness,Miracles,goodness & Godliness more so than ever before........you see,you have to interact in society to really get a feel for what is going on in this Nation.....we only hear about the 2 horrible plane crashes in the past 6 months but never the hundreds of thousands of safe landings each week,,,,,,

Just be accountable for what WE DO & SAY.......Be the Image of Christ,boast for Him,provoke others to jealousy,Praise His Name proudly,spread the Gospel to every creature,lets make a better tomorrow and tell ALL MEN Jesus offer of Eternity in Paradise                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:31 AM, Marilyn C said:

Here are a few more details from the DVD `When God left the building.` (Prophecy News Watch)

Though the vast majority (78%) of Americans identify themselves as Christians, they have largely stopped attending church. LESS THAN 20% of the population now makes it to church in a typical week. Some 4000 churches are closing every year and half of all churches in the US did not add any new members to their ranks in the last two years.. it's a major and unprecedented social upheaval.

Director Thom Schultz set out on a journey to uncover why churches--once the heart and soul of their communities--are now shrinking in both size and influence. What he discovered gives you unprecedented insight and serves as a powerful wake-up call.

From small, dying churches, to large and thriving mega churches the film show a variety of different ways people are worshipping in our modern day. It also takes a hard look at what is going on churches today and why we are struggling to reach this new generation. We hear the testimonies of people who have left the church and why they refuse to come back. The film is not afraid to be brutal and honest with what isn't working.

The film takes a look at one church that has seen its attendance plunge from 900 to 40. In addition to external cultural factors that affect all churches, this church is disintegrating from the inside from a variety of human storms. A pastor who doesn't know who or what God is. Fights over petty things. A faction of angry ex-members that devises a plan to take over the church.

Throughout the story, cameras also visit other dying churches--as well as innovative new forms of church that are thriving. These range from and a Texas ministry that gathers in 300 neighborhoods every week to an outreach in Los Angeles that brings joy to skid-row moms.

One of the fascinating analogies drawn in this film is the similarity between the church and the Kodak film company. Kodak did not try to evolve into what it needed to be and remained set in its ways until it ultimately declared bankruptcy in 2012. In the same way, the church became an outdated relic and newer generations had moved on from attending. The film does an amazing job of showing how we can still be the body of Christ in the modern day without trying to adapt to fit in with the "world". 

Experience hope as you get a refreshing glimpse into the future of faith.

DVD Reviews 

** Whether you're a believer, non-believer, church attendee, leader, church hurt, church burnt, or church indifferent, this movie is a MUST SEE. This is the best look into a world that has existed for far too long, the church in denial. It has become second-hand in "church world" to blame everything and everyone in society for the decline and death of so many houses of worship, and When God Left the Building sheds light on what so many of us have been shouting to deaf ears...it's us, not them. **

** If you're someone who cares about the state of the church in America, you MUST see When God Left the Building. You'll get a revealing look into why most churches are in a state of decline. You'll also get a hopeful glimpse into different expressions of church that are thriving. This film will not only inform you but you'll be challenged and inspired by it as well. **

** This is a heart-wrenching, thought provoking film that gives a glimpse into why churches are closing their doors. It makes you rethink what the church really is. Is it a building where people congregate, or is it a group of people? We've relegated it to a building--and this film challenges churches to think about new ways to reach people in today's world. It's eye opening and full of hope. Watch it with a completely open mind and open heart. **

Saying, is one thing ,being, is another .  For me there is far too much of the candy coated Religion ,on the surface , like American  fast food, it sells well ,but is it really substantial ,does it really feed you ,or does it just make  you feel good at that moment ?

Edited by Thallasa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

21 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Freemasonry which is Satanic was developed by  Protestants . 

I beg to differ that the U.S. is in fact a truly christian nation ,nor ever has been . For a start there is the dollar bill and other symbols ,which  evidently are masonic ,there is the massive wealth, while people die of a lack of simple medical care ,there is the aggression towards others who do not follow the 'way of life ' ,the biggest military the world has ever known ,the lies about your true history  . 

Saying is one thing ,being is another .  For me there is far too much of the candy coated Religion ,on the surface , like American  fast food, it sells well ,but is it really substantial ,does it really feed you ,or does it just make  you feel good at that moment ?

There is evidence that a great many of the people who set up our government were indeed, christian.  Its been acknowledged, not all of them were.  I think, though I do not know, that a great majority of Americans from the beginning of our country, right up until recently, have considered this nation as christian, and also considered themselves christian, whether they were indeed saved or not, still it is a great majority that felt this way.  I'd also say, that I believe I can point out a characteristic, or action, in every single christian I've ever met, that appears to be not Christ-like.  Sinners are saved by Christ's work at the cross, and I've not yet met one who has been perfected in this life.  Does that make them non-christian, or the U.S a non-christian nation?  At the present time, I would agree that our government perhaps may have very few christians in it, though that too is hard to tell, as I think those with real power in the government are few in number.  And in general, in my community, people seem to have completely lost fear or reverence for God, especially in the last 10-15 years.