• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,368
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Is the sacrifice of Jesus enough to make us righteous?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, Albert Finch said:

It is the perfect righteousness of Christ which makes us righteous. His sacrifice paid the penalty for our sins.  His shed blood paid the price for our redemption and our cleansing. But His robe of righteousness (the fine white linen of the saints) makes us righteous by imputation. And then His Holy Spirit makes us righteous through sanctification.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

53 minutes ago, Albert Finch said:

There is no other Way to the Father.... John 14:6

An evangelist would tell you......You take Jesus, God takes you.

Or he might say.....What happens on the Cross is a swap......You believe and trust in Jesus and your sins are swapped for the righteousness of Christ.

Jesus takes your sin..."'He became sin who knew  no sin"....and God gives you Jesus's Righteousness..."The gift of righteousness"... "Faith is counted as Righteousness".

A believer looks at themselves and they say...."Im sinless"?.....How can I be sinless, when i know the real me"..... And God says, "Yes, i know the real you, and that is the one who is redeemed with the blood of my Son which has made you a "new creation" and you are and remain as sinless in MY EYES as the sinless One who has given you His very Righteousness... You are as righteous as my very Righteousness.... You are as righteous as the eternal blood of the eternal God who hung on the Cross to pardon your sins and reconcile you to Himself can make you, and that is....."sinless".

Hebrews 8:12

Romans 4:8

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,368
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

John 10:10 (NIV) - "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

John 10:10 gives us a current perspective for a supernatural shift out of a performance mentality and legalistic thinking.
The thief in the garden is the same as the thief that we battle today. When we are engaging in legalism we are referring to believing that we are righteous because of what we do rather than focusing on what Christ accomplished at the Cross.

We know, as Christians, that Jesus Christ became the ultimate sacrifice for our sins – being the Lamb of God crucified. And yet, somehow, we have been deceived into believing that His sacrifice was not enough to make us righteous – as if we have to jump through hoops to keep our salvation which has already been bought through the shed Blood of Christ. (This is where the thief comes into play.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

I am  a Christian and minister and do not believe that I am righteous nor have I ever met a righteous person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

28 minutes ago, PatrolMan said:

I am  a Christian and minister and do not believe that I am righteous nor have I ever met a righteous person.

Well then you must be deriving your theology from somewhere else.  All those who are justified by grace through faith are righteous with the righteousness of Christ (2 Cor 5:21).

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.