• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1968

The gathering of the elect mentioned in the Olivet discourse is the 2nd resurrection:

Mat 24:29

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Who is the elect?

Rom 11:2

God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according totheelection of grace.
++++++++++++++++
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
++++++++++++++++
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
++++++++++++++++
1Th 1:4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
++++++++++++++++
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
++++++++++++++++
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
++++++++++++++++
2Jo 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
++++++++++++++++
Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
++++++++++++++++
1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
++++++++++++++++
2Jo 1:13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

I think it's safe to say the elect is Christ, the Church, and the remnant grafted into the olive branch of Christ, the remnant saved.

The next issue is proving that the gathering of the "elect" is the 2nd resurrection.

Here's the proof:
For one, the clause of This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. is what proves the gathering is the 2nd resurrection. These other verses echo the same thing, no death until the Son of Man comes on the cloud:

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you,

There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
++++++++++++++++
Mar 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
++++++++++++++++
Luk 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

This is what proves the gathering is at the 2nd resurrection, because it is only at the 2nd resurrection when all the dead are raised and judged, the only place anyone tastes death, the real death since creation.

The Beast and the False Prophet tasted death a 1,000 yrs before everyone else, but this is where man tastes the real death for the first time, just before the entering into the new heavenly Shalem which is Christ entering into His kingdom,

Mat 24:29

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The darkening of the sun and moon and the stars falling from heaven is again the 2nd resurrection:

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened

the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying,How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake;and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Again this proves this is the 2nd resurrection because this is the "day of the Lord's wrath," "the day of the Lord," the day God avenges the blood of those under the altar who were slain for the word of God, which was the 1st resurrection.

Rev 20:11 And

I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Again this is the 2nd death, the real death, the death Christ referenced when he spoke of the generation not tasting death or passing away until all those things were fulfilled, which is the fallen of the stars, etc..

2Pe 3:10 But

the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

The day of the coming of the Lord, what some call the 2nd coming, is the 2nd resurrection. when the "elect" are gathered.

Rev 21:1

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

This is Christ coming into his kingdom. What was prophesied of those standing there in the new testament that wouldn't taste death until they saw.

For those of you who think that this was suppose to be the end of the world and the book, it's not. The "devil" that was cast into the lake of fire after the 1,000 yrs reign was not the "Devil," though he deceived the earth when he was released, but was Gog, the Prince of Grecia and one of the 4 fallen, released Euphrates angels, as was the False Prophet. The "Devil" used him and gave him his power to attack heaven like he did with the Beast and False Prophet.

The story of Lazarus and the Rich Man also proves that this is not the end of the world. Lazarus being in the lake of fire looks up and see's Lazarus in God's bosom and beckons God to send someone back to the earth to warn his brothers so that they too wouldn't end up where he's at.

Rev 14:9

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

The 3rd and final resurrection is the "wheat and tare" harvest/rapture of this physical earth into the new Shalem or the the lake of fire. There is no "throne" judgement in this final resurrection.

Food for thought!

There are only 2 Resurrection. The first was begun by Jesus Christ Himself and goes through the Millinium. The second Resurrection is for the lost at the Great White Throne Judgement. And, the Olivet Discourse, Matthew 24, is meant for the Jews, as the Church will have already been Raptured.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

19 hours ago, precepts said:

The gathering of the elect mentioned in the Olivet discourse is the 2nd resurrection:

Not the second resurrection at all. The second resurrection is the resurrection of the unsaved.

Guest Robert
6 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

There are only 2 Resurrection. The first was begun by Jesus Christ Himself and goes through the Millinium. The second Resurrection is for the lost at the Great White Throne Judgement. And, the Olivet Discourse, Matthew 24, is meant for the Jews, as the Church will have already been Raptured.

EXACTLY.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 8/22/2016 at 8:59 PM, precepts said:

Who is the elect?

People who are under the blood of Jesus

I think it's safe to say the elect is Christ, the Church, and the remnant grafted into the olive branch of Christ, the remnant saved.

The next issue is proving that the gathering of the "elect" is the 2nd resurrection.

Here's the proof:
For one, the clause of This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. is what proves the gathering is the 2nd resurrection. These other verses echo the same thing, no death until the Son of Man comes on the cloud:

The Elect are gathered from Heaven, where they/we are getting married to the Lamb. We come back with Jesus, Immediately after the Tribulation. 

This is what proves the gathering is at the 2nd resurrection, because it is only at the 2nd resurrection when all the dead are raised and judged, the only place anyone tastes death, the real death since creation.

The Beast and the False Prophet tasted death a 1,000 yrs before everyone else, but this is where man tastes the real death for the first time, just before the entering into the new heavenly Shalem which is Christ entering into His kingdom,

The Second Resurrection is when the Dead in Satan arise and are Judged. Those Christians who were Dead in Christ before the Rapture went to Haven with Jesus. Those of us alive changed in the twinkling of an eye, and those Beheaded are Judge in Rev. 20:4 

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. ( This belongs with the verse above: THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION. Verse 5 is only a statement about the future Second Resurrection.

The darkening of the sun and moon and the stars falling from heaven is again the 2nd resurrection:

This happens during the Tribulation.

Again this proves this is the 2nd resurrection because this is the "day of the Lord's wrath," "the day of the Lord," the day God avenges the blood of those under the altar who were slain for the word of God, which was the 1st resurrection.

The Day of the Lords Wrath is a "Period of Time" YOM, just like a Day in Genesis One is a period of time. It is the 3 1/2 Years of Great Tribulation/Gods Wrath.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

4 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

People who are under the blood of Jesus

The Elect are gathered from Heaven, where they/we are getting married to the Lamb. We come back with Jesus, Immediately after the Tribulation. 

The Second Resurrection is when the Dead in Satan arise and are Judged. Those Christians who were Dead in Christ before the Rapture went to Haven with Jesus. Those of us alive changed in the twinkling of an eye, and those Beheaded are Judge in Rev. 20:4 

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. ( This belongs with the verse above: THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION. Verse 5 is only a statement about the future Second Resurrection.

This happens during the Tribulation.

The Day of the Lords Wrath is a "Period of Time" YOM, just like a Day in Genesis One is a period of time. It is the 3 1/2 Years of Great Tribulation/Gods Wrath.

Tribulation is not wrath.

God says He does not tempt.

We are lead away by our own desires.

The great deception is the time of temptation, the time of tribulations.

Tribulation is when the wheat and the chaff are separated.

After this tribulation is the time of reaping, your rapture. 

The dead in Christ then those who remain.

Under the altar, the dead in Christ wait.

"And there was an altar unto YHWH, in the midst of Egypt, at the border thereof."

An altar in an altar upoan a altar.

Then that day will come, a day of darkness, a day of dread, a day that the Son shines onto the earth and the earth weeps.

Then they will be confounded and cast down.

Then a new age will be born out of the ashes of the prior.

A time decreed for the Rule of Righteousness.

Then at the end of that age a time of testing, a final separation of wheat and tares, then these times of death will end.

Eternal life will rule once again.

Be about our Fathers business.

Bless you.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/23/2016 at 8:12 AM, Rick_Parker said:

Yep, that is what the Bible says. :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

22 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yep, that is what the Bible says. :)

Actually Matthew 24 never even mentions the fantasy of pre-trib rapture.

"Immediately after the Tribulation.."

Nowhere, at no time was there ever written any verse that without doubt points to a saving from tribulation.

Saving from WRATH of the Son, yes.

Not saving from the TRIBULATION.

Not the same, not even close.

You all will be here to see all the TRIBULATION, if you are not martyrd for The Christ.

Pride is what lies behind the pre-trib, mid-trib Fantasy.

What will you do on the day the son of perdition is revealed?

Click your heels?

There is a definite timeline, no need for fantasy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

1 hour ago, Just a Mirror said:

Tribulation is not wrath.

Yes it is.

15 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

Actually Matthew 24 never even mentions the fantasy of pre-trib rapture.

"Immediately after the Tribulation.."

Nowhere, at no time was there ever written any verse that without doubt points to a saving from tribulation.

Saving from WRATH of the Son, yes.

Not saving from the TRIBULATION.

Not the same, not even close.

You all will be here to see all the TRIBULATION, if you are not martyrd for The Christ.

Pride is what lies behind the pre-trib, mid-trib Fantasy.

What will you do on the day the son of perdition is revealed?

Click your heels?

There is a definite timeline, no need for fantasy.

That's because Matthew 24 wasn't talking about the church; Jesus was talking specifically about Israel and tribulation believers. Scripture makes it very clear that the church was the "secret of the ages" and not revealed until Pentecost.

Sometimes, folks who claim we're going to go through the Tribulation come across as if they think it's some sort of "grand adventure, full of close calls, daring escapes and heroic rescues" or something. IT'S NOT. Survivors will be the exception, not the rule; most believers in that time WILL DIE. And it's not until someone is under that kind of pressure and agony that they really find out what their faith is made of.

Does this mean I'm scared to stand for my faith? No, but at the same time, scripture is very clear that God is not going to put the church through the Tribulation. We need to look at this through the framework of the Dispensations, not the jumbled mess of Post, Pre-Wrath or Mid-Trib theology.