IGNORED

If Jesus said they will know us by our love for one another, then why...?

nebula

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Actually, that is a wrong interpretation.

What you are not understanding is WHY a Christian tries not to sin..., and should live a Holy Life, and should present our bodies a living sacrifice, ...

The issue isn't "living right" that you have misunderstood.... as No Believer that is born again is going to try to license someone to sin... BUT, where the theological "stink" begins.... is..... when a person believes that after they are saved, they are to keep themselves saved by "keeping commandments" or "doing good works" or making sure their faith is not dead....and all this STUFF..... to DO...

So, what happens is......someone says...."nope, you cant go to hell after you are saved", and then someone else misinterprets this as....."oh i see, you are saying we can do anything and be saved"..

And RIGHT THERE is the melt down.....RIGHT THERE is the head butting issue regarding 2 types of people that say they are saved.........1st) you have those that have understood that The Blood Atonement is not temporary and can't be undone by horrible behavior.......then you have door #2 Christianity which teaches and believes that The Blood Atonement is not a sure thing, but rather is only as good as the person's behavior......and that person,= is a legalist......That person is not truly and completely  trusting Christ to SAVE them, but they are trusting in themselves, based on their lifestyle of "obedience" or "commandment keeping" to SAVE THEMSELVES......So, that person, ....every time they hear about "GRACE" as a completed situation entitled SALVATION, they will resist Grace and resist OSAS, because to them, Salvation is not a finished Blood Atonement whereby God accepts us ONLY because of what Jesus did.....no no no....thats not quite enough for them, as they need to be a self righteous part of the salvation process, BECAUSE in their mind and in their theology the Cross gets it started but THEY finish their own salvation by their commandment keeping, enduring to the end,  and 100 other things (works) they feel they must DO that somehow finishes what the Blood Atonement started.

= Legalism.

A Legalist isn't a Christ rejector, but rather they are a GRACE Rejector, and Paul defines them as "fallen from GRACE"..

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

I'll Try Harder So, No Brag

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's. 1 Corinthians 3:19-23

Except In The Cross Of Jesus

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Galatians 6:14

~

Dear Ones, Can This Be

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

True....

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
Matthew 12:17-21

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

PS: When One Points Sinners To Their Sin

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Don't Forget To Point Them

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

To Christ Our

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:28

Lord

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:16-18

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/23/2016 at 8:57 PM, Butero said:

I find the people that teach about love all the time being unbalanced in the other direction.

I think that it could be that Jesus calls us for different things. I think that some people are called to point out sin and warn people about sin and the fires of hell. I think that another person could be called to teach others about the love of Christ.  Some could be called to do both. This maybe a possibility. As some people are just better at somethings and not so good at others. Yet we all have a job to do. Someone may need to hear about the fires of hell in order to come to Christ. Someone else may need to see the love Christ in order to come to Christ. I think Jesus uses the right person for the right job.

Edited by LadyKay

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I have never heard religious people....
speak of love at all.... 

A

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10

Thought

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:12

Or Two

We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

~

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I have never heard religious people speak of love at all

That is because they have religion and not God.

1 hour ago, Butero said:

We do need a balance, and perhaps the problem is that those who are on the love and grace message....
persecute those who have been given the cease from sin message....

and those with the cease from sin message look down on the people with the love and grace message....
as liberals who are leading people into hell.....

:thumbsup:

Without The Love Of God

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. James 2:18 zap

We Are Sunk

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35

~

Only A Real Man

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:18

Knows There Is Nothing Liberal (Free)

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

About Love

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

We are not against ceasing from sin or good works, we believe in that......but first we get saved, in fact you cain't even get on to those things until first you get saved. And salvation is not ceasing from sin and good works it is repentance and faith.

1 hour ago, Butero said:

It cuts both ways.  I feel more loved by someone who doesn't do bad things to me than someone who does but will once in a while hug me and say they love me.   You mentioned that the Bible says people shall know us by our love for each other.  I have been treated very well by at least one atheist, better than many Christians.  Does it therefore stand to reason she is a Christian because I feel love from her?  Of course not.  There is more to it than that.

Dear John, Since The Day I First Meet You On Worthy

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 4:17

I Have Never Had Even A Little Doubt

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

You Really Love The Sinner

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

And Your Posts

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Bless Me

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Love, Your Brother Joe

1 hour ago, Butero said:

You really may be on to something.  I think there is a lot of wisdom in what you said. 

Wow Butero we found something we can both agree on! Amazing isn't it. :emot-cheering:

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Christianity is a religion. 

Well it didn't take too long for us to disagree again. LOL :mgcheerful:

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Butero said:

Christianity is a religion.  It is the one true religion, but it is a religion.  Christians that say stuff like that are persecuting themselves and don't know it. 

There are people that are part of cult religions, and they are religious and don't have God, but that is not what Shiloh was speaking of. 

Religion is a guy sitting in church thinking about fishing, relationship is a guy fishing thinking about God.

Now I have nothing against attending church, but it becomes religion when one goes to try and gain righteousness or to impress others. To me we should be going to be further taught the Word to fellowship with like minded brothers and sisters and to praise God.  Jesus did not care for religion, He did and does want a relationship. I fear many who attend church "religiously" twice a week will be told depart from me I never knew you. 

Edited by Flsnookman