• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 8/25/2016 at 1:55 PM, Scraplover27 said:

I only worry that because I so look up to him, that this is why I am wanting to find God... because I respect this doctor and I know God is important in his life. Does this make sense? 

That's quite a different thing then, and quite good, if you ask me. You've seen the difference that knowing and following God has made in the life of this man, and it makes you want what he has, because you can see what he has is real. This is the goal of a Christian's life. Rather than being put off, I imagine he would be filled with joy to hear that from you.

To answer another question, I was baptized and confirmed years ago as a teenager. I'm in my 40's now, married to the same man for 20 years, with two children. I have never "felt" God, and wonder if it's due to me shutting down emotionally after a difficult childhood that saw violence, abuse and physical and emotional abandonment. I want to feel God in my life. I'm searching for meaning. It's hard to just wake up one day and suddenly have faith... my gradual and growing therapeutic relationship with my very nurturing but well-boundaried psychologist has made me feel open to exploring Christianity again. Incidentally, he emailed me last night and said he would pray for me, for greater self-acceptance and inner harmony etc. The fact that he would do this for me feels incredibly moving. I am going to just go with this slowly for the time being. I'm a cautious person... I will try to pray for help in feeling God in my heart. 

To have a relationship with God is to love, trust and obey Him fully. Being baptized is simply an outward expression of an internal change. In other words, being baptized does not save, and does not make one a true Christian. If you have not been living for a with God, praying daily, being in the word, learning more about the faith, with a truly changed heart and mind, then it's not surprising that you have never "felt" God before. God has been distant and has not been a part of your life. To follow him is to invite Him inside and give Him control, to guide you, love you, teach you, change your outlook an the way you view and think of everything, the way you interact with others, the very purpose of your entire existence. There are many who think they are saved by doing good things, being a nice person, and so on, but the Bible makes the truth clear.

God bless you in your search for Him! Please ask us all any questions you ever have! We will be praying for you as well!

Edited by OneLight
Removed YouTube Link